“Iffy-friendly, but no follow through.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs
Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs
“Iffy-friendly, but no follow through.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Although we checked in after 7 pm, the room was not ready. We had to wait while they 'checked' the room. When we got to the room, there was still leftover toiletries from previous guests and dirty trash cans. The sofa bed is old and broken. It was reported to the staff, but never fixed. My child slept on sofa cushions on the floor. Also, the internet is only free for higher club members. Really! Who cannot afford to provide free internet for all?!? Maid service was hit or miss...trash not emptied. The one positive attribute are the friendly employees.

• Stayed August 2014
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Dcondo,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience at our hotel and the inability of our team to get you checked into the hotel on time and without any issues. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our sincere apologies.

Jeff.zelkin@hilton.com
719-599-9100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Lansing, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice amenities and great staff. Food in the Polo club was good and the wait staff there were great. Evening reception was nice and the breakfast buffet was good. Beds were very lumpy. Internet unreliable. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Melinda G,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs. I was happy to read that the overall experience was a positive one I am sorry about the uncomfortable bed and unreliable internet, both of these items are being addressed and will be resolved when the hotel is renovated in the near future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were on a 5-day business trip and were hoping for a quiet room on a top floor. Told no rooms available and were assigned a 1st floor room. The room is dark and old. We got a lot of traffic past our front window by folks going to pool, ice machine and game room. The other negative about our room, the housekeeping was "hit & miss" with one time the bed was not made...they just pulled the cover up. I don't believe housekeeping every wiped down the bathroom mirror the entire time we were there. There were mechanical problems w/room, e.g., TV offline, doors not shutting and squeaking...all which was repaired promptly.

Yes, there is complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails. During cocktail hour, the atrium was crowded with adults, children and even a barking dog outside our door. Breakfasts were very nice...again very crowded. If you don't get to breakfast early, seating is a problem.

On the plus side, even though this appears to be an older property, the atrium is very nice and well maintained. The staff were always kind and tried their best to be helpful. The young woman at check-out was very nice and graciously adjusted our bill for the housekeeping issues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear akaSparky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor I apologize we were unable to accommodate your request for a room on the 4th floor and for the inconsistent housekeeping service, we are working hard to eliminate this issue. I am glad to hear that the mechanical problems with the room were repaired promptly. We will be going through a complete renovation soon which will address most of these issues.

I am glad that you found the atrium to your liking and that our staff was always kind and tried their best to be helpful. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Really a great experience! The absolute only compliant was a slow elevator. The service from the minute I came in the door was incredible. Great cooked breakfast. The evening cocktail social was great, cold beer and snacks!

Room Tip: stay off the I25 side, though I saw on the I25 side and didn't hear too much noise, view sucked.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jeremy L,

I am glad that you had a really a great experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the slow elevator, we have had a service company out to address and resolve this issue. Thank you for acknowledging our staff and the service they try hard to provide to all our guests. I am thrilled you enjoyed a great breakfast as well as the cold beer and snacks at the evening reception! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to the Colorado Springs area.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this hotel. The lobby and restaurant area were very nice. Cocktail hour with complimentary beverages catered to adults. The king bed was comfortable, but the pull-out sofa bed was not. We were supposed to have a fruit and cheese tray waiting for us, but instead received a message to call when we wanted it delivered- this may have been because we checked in early. The breakfast buffet left something to be desired-potatoes without gravy, fruit on the edge of spoiling, and yogurt packed with corn syrup and artificial sweetener. The pool was small for the number of children and was out of towels.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Monica C,

Thank you for spending three nights at our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the lobby, restaurant, and evening reception. I do apologize for the items on the breakfast buffet that were not to your standards and for the busy pool area with all the kids. I hope that you will give us another try if and when you return to the Colorado Springs area,

Minooka, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It's been a long time since I've been so disappointed in a hotel. We found our room to be less than ideal. The sheer curtains, both on the balcony door and inside window, were dirty--very dirty actually. Handles were missing on the furniture making it difficult to open the drawers. The fan was making a funny noise so we shut if off for a bit---the filter looked like it hadn't been changed in ages. The internet connection was VERY slow. I had also called before booking online to inquire about the views. After talking to the staff that night (very friendly on the phone) I opted to take a regular room with a "side view" of the mountains rather than paying the extra for a "mountain view" and requested the "best view possible" on the comment section of the reservation. I asked about the view when I checked in. While I understand not all rooms will have a good view our room looked at a parking lot and my "side view" of the mountains was actually more of a view of the side of their building. My inside window looked into a wall and not even the atrium. Being they had a "full house" that night a room change was not possible. On a positive note---their breakfast was phenomenal (and the reason they have a 3 circle rating and not just 2). After spending a week traveling and staying at different hotels this was by far the least impressive. We will be staying elsewhere if we return to the area again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Janet A,
I'm so sorry for your poor experience last week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Jeff.zelkin@hilton.com
719-589-9100
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My sister and I were at this hotel last month, the service was exceptional! A very friendly staff! All greeted us with a smile, even offered to snap a photo of us together as we were taking pics of eachother in front of the wishing well. The gorgeous interior full of lush plants and beautiful light is hard to find in the Springs. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Thebohista
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Thebohista,

I was very happy to read that you and your sister enjoyed your stay at our hotel last month. Thank you very much for acknowleding the friendly and accomationg staff, we are striving to create that environement for all our guests so I am pleased to read you felt their hospitlity. I appreciate you recommending the hotel and hope to see you back soon.