I travel, a lot. As such, I value, speedy check in, reliable wifi, good breakfast, quiet evenings and comfortable bed.
I have gotten all of this at this hotel. I typically book through Hotels.com as I am in their top tier but The Academy has their own rewards program. If you stay, 10-11 times you get a night free. Very similar to Hotels, but they also throw in a $10 gift certificate for the restaurant.
The beds are comfortable and soft. They are not quite as thick as a Hampton, but much more so for any hotel in the price range. The rooms are much larger than most hotels. Have not stayed in a jacuzzi room yet, must try that at some point, but they are very spacious. Hate that cramped feeling in some hotels. The TV is a flat panel and large enough to see from your bed as you fall asleep while trying to catch the last bit of Sport Center.
The hotel is close to some of my fave places to eat in the Springs, Pei Wei, Drifters Burgers to name a couple, but it is nice not having the leave the hotel. The room has always been clean and comfortable and they actually have both HBO and Showtime along with a host of other channels. This past trip, was actually upgraded to a nicer room which was a blessing. Great to have the extra space, a chair and bigger desk. All rooms I have stayed at here have a microwave and fridge.
I ordered the rib eye steak. Now admittedly I have had better at some good steakhouses, but the price was great and it is loaded with food. Last trip had the prime rib and the plate was brimming with veggies and potato. What really made this trip special is my waitress. A big shout out to Kelly who is new there but wow what an amazing personality and a true service mentality. I commented how good the soup was and since it was closing time, they had extra and she brought me a small to go cup. It is these type of high touch, high service that ranks this hotel with the Ritz and Four Seasons of the world. Not comparing it those, but aside from a killer deal at The Hotel, Aria or other high end Vegas hotel, I have not found a better experience for the money.
OK, so a biggie for me is breakfast. I travel and bagels, cereal, waffles, pre-made egg and sausage get old. This hotel has the Holy Grail of breakfast. BACON Add that, cooked to order omelets from a friendly and wonderful omelet chef and you have a breakfast that is as good as any Embassy Suite.
My only wish was that this hotel was at every stop of the 50 hotel nights I use every year.
If you go, get Kelly as your waitress and put a buck in Patrick's tip jar as that man cooks a mean omelet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs! Our Family owned and operated full service hotel is nestled around the Colorado Rocky Mountains with glorious views of Pike's Peak and is conveniently located off I-25 near the U.S. Air Force Academy. The Academy Hotel consistently offers unbeatable value, amazing amenities and exceptional service. Lodging at our hotel provides leisure and business travelers with a wide variety of famous Colorado Springs attractions such as the historic Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Garden of The Gods, Cave of The Winds, Royal Gorge, the Cog Rail Way and more! Guests marvel about The Academy Hotel's luxurious atrium filled with majestic fountains and lush greenery, a warm and inviting fireside lounge, indoor pool, sun deck with hot tub, fitness center, business center, children's arcade and onsite dining at the Falcon's Bar & Grill - with delicious American Cuisine daily specials and happy hour from 3:00 p.M.-6:00 P.M. Late arrivals enjoy the new 24 Hour Convenient Store located by the front desk. Wake each morning to a complimentary hot breakfast with waffle and made to order omelet bar! Other free amenities include: high speed Internet, HBO(R) movies, business center services, parking and unlimited local calls.Nine conference, banquet and meeting rooms accommodate 350 people -making The Academy Hotel the ideal location for weddings, reunions, social events, holiday buffets and corporate conferences. Tower rooms have been updated with a warm blend of natural earth tone decor, 50" flat screen TVs,Gel Memory Foam Mattresses, traditional quality furnishings, microwave, mini fridge and upper floors are served by Elevator. All rooms feature comfortable beds with luxurious triple sheeted linens,mini fridge & Microwave.Whether your stay is for business, pleasure or special event, the attentive staff at The Academy Hotel will ensure your stay is comfortable and memorable! Family Owned and Operated for over 30 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Best Western
- Academy Hotel Colorado Springs