“Rooms are old, Not the Friendliest Staff”

The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #16 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Staff seemed stiff and not as friendly. Wasn't pleased with my room. Housekeeping seemed inattentive and needed to tighten up. The lady who serviced my room with me in it was on her phone and speaking loud enough for the whole hallway to hear. Falcon Bar & Grill was exceptional with a decent menu and great prices for Happy Hour.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My first day at the academy hotel was back in August of 2013. I was on my way back to Denver from a wedding down south and decided to stop and stay in the springs for one more night. I found the Academy hotel and based on its price alone I decided to stay there and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, and the overall ambiance. The pool, restaurant, free breakfast buffet are all great amenities provided. Recently this last week I booked 3 nights there and had such a great experience again that I ended up staying four nights. I highly recommend this hotel even if it was $50 more expensive I would still prefer to stay there then any other hotels in the area for that price range.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed for five days and had a very pleasant stay. Friendly staff and located in a very nice area. The free complimentary breakfast each morning was really great. There were stores for gasoline and Malls nearby. Plenty of restaurants and access to many other stores right in front of the Hotel.

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival I felt like I was coming home. From chocolate chip cookies at the front desk to their large lounging area with a fire place and many comfortable sofas, it was quite relaxing. The rooms are clean and bright, with comfortable beds and large TVs. I really liked that their window shades completely block out the sunlight when closed. Water pressure is decent and water temperature was hot. The sink drained slowly... But would eventually go down. Their prime rib dinner was a welcome sight, and the $10 food voucher for booking directly with them was an added plus. But I would say that the highlight of our stay was their delicious breakfast! Really enjoyed the freshly made omelets, the apple topping for the waffles and their unique flavor of whip cream that was so tasty!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My room was awesome especially for the price I paid. I paid a motel 8 price and got a 5 star room. My room was perfectly clean and room service was quick and good. The front desk lady was really nice as well. Loved it!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed with a team before a Sunday game. The rooms were clean, but the hotel felt old and musty. The fire alarm kept going off so a couple times the elevators were shut down and we had to take the stairs up to our room. The beds were very fit and when the air conditioner/heater kicked on several times at night it made a loud noise. We all woke up each time this happened. Our extremely lengthy dinner at the restaurant was unedible and left us all hungry and crabby. We decided to order some dessert from room service. The menu said to call about their great selections, but when we did they told us all they had was soft serve ice cream. In the morning when we left I tried to find the manager to tell them about our experience, but there was no one to be found at the desk. Next time, I will trust my instinct and stay at a Marriott property.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

When we are going to Colorado Springs for any of the kid's events - sports, band; we always stay at the Academy Hotel. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet at night, They have a continuous fan option which we really appreciate, because we run a fan at night at home for the white noise. The full complimentary breakfast is unmatched. We ate dinner there this past Saturday night and it was delish, and the hotel gives out $10 off dinner coupons.It was quite busy late for dinner and some other guests that we knew that were staying there were not too happy with the wait, but we had great service. We requested a cot and add'l breakfast coupon for an additional guest and were accomodated quickly. Great stay! They have a nice indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family