“Don't stay here unless you want everything in your car stolen from the parking lot. Like five cars broken into and everything wa”

Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #28 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Service in the restaurant is horrible but th he bar is okay. Front desk is horrible unless . You like waiting twenty minutes to have someone help you that is not trained to do so. Then our car and a few other cars were broken into. The head of security is unhelpful and offered no help in this matter. Not a safe area and I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Jason A
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jason A,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience at Hotel Eleganté. However, as I believe you know there are several grievous errors in the statements you provided here.

First, the hotel is strongly committed to both the security of our guests and their property during their stay with us. We place high importance on preventative measures, such as a highly technologically advanced interior and exterior security camera network along with 24/7 patrolling security officers, to ensure the safety of our guests.

Second, the Head of Security has in truth offered many hours of assistance in this matter including opening an extensive investigation into your concerns surrounding your unlocked car in our lot. There have been meticulous and scrutinizing reviews of the security footage around your car’s location over several days by multiple and highly qualified professionals, to include the local law enforcement. The items allegedly taken from your vehicle (ie: “golfclubs”) clearly do not align with the security footage from the time in question. To our knowledge, during the time in question no additional vehicles were compromised as these vehicles were locked by their owners. Continuing investigative measures are in the hands of local law enforcement who will contact you going forward, as discussed.

As you are aware and contrary to your statement, we have been more than accommodating in discovering the facts of this occurrence, offering ample support during this investigation, and sincerely desire to have the best outcome from this situation. The area surrounding this hotel is in fact a safe area- contrary to your comment, and boasts several schools, day care centers, movie theatres, and even one of the most prestigious resort in the world within close proximity.

Unfortunately, we have found it lacking in integrity that your ultimatum to our leadership was to either be reimbursed for items allegedly taken from your vehicle or you would proceed to slander and defame this upstanding business. Again, we apologize for your experience and have full confidence in the continuing investigation by local law enforcement toward the fair resolution of this situation.

Ed Okvath

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Saint Paul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I called and spoke to the reservationist who did not tell me that my card would be charged immediately. I had a reservation for 6 nights for one room and 2 nights for another. The reservation was not for the 2 double beds which I had requested. This hotel just lost 1500.00 from me just on the principle of them holding my $1500 for 3 months rather than the customary practice of a reservation fee at most and the remainder paid upon check-out. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia K
Adriana P, Revenue Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Ms. Patricia K,
Please accept our apologies on how your reservation was handled,charging credit cards in advance is not our normal policy and we would like to get in touch with you and have more information about your reservation and your stay with us.
Once again we are sorry your credit card was charged previous to your arrival and would like to address that with you and our guest services agent to prevent future mistakes.
Please feel free to contact me at Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs at 719-576-5900 xt 1602
Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Oroville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Walking through the door to a nice spacious lobby area. The Front Desk staff were friendly upon check-in and the other staff greeted you no matter where you were in the hotel areas.

The hotel has a great coffee shop, restaurant and cozy bar area located off the lobby area.

Room Tip: If possible request a second floor room, they have balconies and provide nice natural light.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Randy R
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Randy R,

On behalf of the hotel, we would like to thank you for taking time to write about what you enjoyed during your stay with us. We are pleased that we gave a nice first impression and continued with good service throughout your stay. Thank you for checking out our Sweet Tooth shop with Starbucks inside, our restaurant, and bar area.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at this hotel for a recent Women's Conference back in mid-March. Upon entering the hotel I was pleasantly surprised at the warm and inviting atmosphere which the lobby exudes ... stone fireplace, granite check-in desk with fresh flowers, a flag tribute to the Armed Forces (Love It!), and overall updated look. I found out later that the hotel recently underwent an extensive renovation back last fall.

Check-in was smooth and the front desk agent was very friendly- even recommending several local restaurants (non-chain) which were in the complimentary shuttle area of the hotel. I had requested extra towels in my room on my reservation and they were waiting for me when I entered my room. The room was modern and updated with contemporary bedding; very much appreciated the double vanity in the bathroom so that I could spread out my things while getting ready in the morning (Ladies, the makeup mirror was very helpful!). Starbucks Coffee & Bath and Body Works shampoos/conditioners/lotions/etc were even included in the room ... you don't get that everyday.

I enjoyed breakfast each morning in the hotel's restaurant, Rustlers, and they featured a nice breakfast buffet (not the continental that most hotels have) including a waffle station and several hot items. My server was very nice and she even remembered my drink order the next morning! Impressed! In between our sessions I had the opportunity to look around a bit and overall the condition of the hotel seems very impressive, updated, clean, and quite expansive for large events. Enjoyed the indoor pool at night, which is located in a solarium/green-house type of area with live plants.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the high level of quality, friendliness, and service I received on my visit to Hotel Elegante. I would like to return on a leisure visit where I can more fully take advantage of some of the other amenities this facility has to offer.
Would recommend for conferences, personal get-away's, or families.

P.S. Pet Friendly ( <3 )

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ma121Hunter
Thank you for writing such a great review for our hotel. Taking the time to write about your experience lets us know how we are doing. This will be passed on to each and every department letting them know that we had met our goal on providing you with great service. I would like to mention experiences during your stay that will be specifically shared. Housekeeping with providing a nice clean room with all of the amenities and also ensuring that there were extra towels in your room. To the services that were provided in the restaurant, we are glad that our server made a positive impression by remembering your drink order. We are also pleased you had such a good impression with our warm fireplace and took notice to our flag. We have a lot of ties to the military and like to support them in any way we can. Also thank you for taking notice to our renovations. We are glad to start fresh with our new identity and keep the good work up on making sure it is an inviting place for our guest.
Again, thank you very much for mentioning all of the good impressions and experiences you had during the stay. We will keep up the good work and hope to see you during the next conference, if not sooner!

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Upon check-in, I was excited to have the opportunity to stay at this hotel. Check-in was smooth and the service was tremendous. The lobby is big and beautiful, lots to do for guests and families. I also was impressed with the room, the television, availability of parking and the hotel's access to the freeway.

Compliments end there. I was awakened every night of my 3 night stay with drunk people and a dog that barked uninterrupted for 6 hours. No one at the property acted to handle the noise to my knowledge. The hotel is on the border of a bad area of Colorado Springs and I think that some of the guests were a bit suspicious. I also was dismayed over the fact that in the morning, there were rocks put in place to hold the side doors open--the side doors that would require room key entry. I hate to say it, but I think the hotel management is fighting a battle to populate the rooms but unfortunately it may be allowing in the wrong type of guests.

Finally, I was really taken aback when I came back to my room after housekeeping had cleaned. The room looked like someone had interrupted the woman who was prepping the room. The bed was halfway made, one of the pillows was thrown on the floor. Little was cleaned, but it was obvious someone had been in the room.

I'll be avoiding this hotel and that's unfortunate because it really could be a special place if they fixed the issues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BBart40
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear BBart40,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I appreciate the comments you mentioned as we are always looking to identify specific concerns and immediately remedy these in order to provide improved service in the future!

I have to agree with you that we take great pride in the excellent service from our staff here at our hotel; service is indeed “tremendous” and everyone desires to make each guests’ stay personally satisfying. Also, I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the quality of the hotel, the recent updates of the facilities and the rooms, the amenities and activities offered here, and the complimentary parking. As I mentioned, we are very proud of our hotel and its ample offerings to each of our guests!

Unfortunately, it appears that your visit was spoiled by some unfortunate encounters– which I truly apologize for. While we cannot control the character of each of our guests we do strive to monitor all behavior in the hotel ensuring each guest feels respected and each guest’s experience is pleasurable. Regarding the disturbance from the dog, we have identified the source of the error and are working to immediately remedy this concern going forward. Finally, I have addressed the Housekeeping concern on your room not being properly serviced each day.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I personally apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be as we value your business. We sincerely hope that you will consider another opportunity to allow us to better serve you in the near future and show you how great this hotel can be!

Best Regards,

Mr. Ed Okvath
colorado springs, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was able to enjoy a weekend at the hotel with my 6 yr old daughter. Between the great and comfortable room, ...swimming pool and play area fun....ice cream shop, candy shop and yummy pizza....and the overall great service we received, we really didn't want to leave to check out the other local spots. The hotel was great and service great .....the two most important things. Oh, cleanliness to....most important.
The hotel was spacious and I've known colleagues to do events at this hotel. The events and meetings have been great with unique food and decor ....an great ambience.
Recent renovations have taken place and they are all A+.

Room Tip: Ask for a loft room by pool. It is crazy how quiet the halls are and Area. Really like that!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear woodsjwo-329,

Thank you for letting us know about enjoyable stay with us at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a great experience and that we had met all of your needs. We are also glad to hear you taking notice in our recent renovations. The hotel staff takes pride in what we do and be sure to share your comments with them. Thanks again.
Until next time “Happy Travels”,

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My fiance and I stayed in the Elegante on a sunday night after booking through a priceline deal. The staff was curteous, the hotel was clean and presentable. We enjoyed our room, which had interior sliding doors that opened out to the pool area. The location was great right off the highway. We planned our dinner and evening events around the use of the hottub that night. When we went to check it out, it was cold! Besides that, it was a nice stay and I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The interior pool facing rooms are cool if you have kids. They also are loud if you dont have kids...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Travelling_Willburry,

Thank you for joining us over the weekend and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool access from your room, however are disappointed that the hot tub was too cold. We have addressed this issue with our Engineering department to ensure that it is always at a comfortable temperature.

Again we appreciate your feedback to let us know what we are doing correctly and what we can improve on. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Ed Okvath