This hotel tries hard to be great but just keeps coming up short in the details. As others have mentioned, it takes a map to find your room. To be fair, I've stayed at Gaylords that were just as confusing but this one isn't in the same league. While I never saw anyone drunk, I saw MANY people carrying beer bottles around the hotel. You just can't achieve a four-star hotel classification if your hotel policy lets people carry beer bottles around the entire premises. I was even more irritated by the public consumption of alcohol because it was right in the kids 'fun area'. Speaking of the kid's fun area- really cool idea that you have an indoor play center but *every* fast food restaurant with a play area has larger play structures. With the shortage of chairs and public drinking, I didn't hang around long. Every time I went by the front desk, they only had one employee- and they were greatly overworked. Halls were dim by modern standards and ceilings were low (~7 ft). On the positive side, the rooms were clean and comfortable- but I'm right back to falling short- because the room didn't have a microwave or mini-fridge. Since I booked my reservation through Hotwire, breakfast was an additional charge. The property also has a restaurant (overpriced drinks), bar (didn't try it), ice cream parlor (didn't try it), indoor pool (loud and crowded), outdoor pool (cold- but I visited in May), and more. Bottom line- I just can't give it four stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center features 500 rooms and suites and has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. Our guest rooms feature 13"Simmons BeautyRest pillow-top mattresses, Bath & Body Works amenities, Complimentary High Speed Wifi, Flat Screen TV's, and Starbucks coffee. Enjoy our children's playground featuring the FunZone for all ages. Get fit in our 24-Hour Fitness Center and outdoor Sports Court featuring tennis, pickleball, sand volleyball, and basketball. Additionally, we feature a Running/Walking Path as you enjoy the beautiful 360 Days of Sun in Colorado. We boast two pools- one indoor and one seasonal outdoor pool, in addition to an indoor hot-tub. The hotel's newly themed restaurants include Rustler's Country Cafe - Steak & Seafood, and Rawhide Sports Bar. Our Patio Bar features outdoor seating and fireplace to overlook the beautiful Pikes Peak Country. Visit Starbucks "We Proudly Brew" in the Sweet Tooth Cafe and local Colorado Creamery Ice Cream parlor to make your stay feel like home. Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center is a premier Colorado Springs meeting and event location with 50,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Crowne Plaza