“Wedding Stayover”

Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #23 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This used to be the Sheridan Hotel at one point. Hotel has had a couple of re-dos recently. We were arriving for a wedding and requested Early Check-in, we were told several people wanted early check in and the hotel was not offering that as they were 100% booked. Clerk suggested that I could change clothes in the bathroom. Lucky me, I have relatives in the area and was able to change at their house. We did get checked in after the wedding, however the room was not cleaned so we couldn't get a key until later that night. Rooms were clean, have Starbucks coffee with some minor obvious repair needs/ or recently done.
We had requested our daughters room be close to ours and it ended up being in another wing of the hotel. That was OK but it required more walking. Hotel is huge with 500 rooms had a lot of stuff happening, the pool was open till midnight and we were next to the pool so sleep for me was not happening until one in the morning. We got up at 6 to head for home. Hotel staff was hit or miss, some knew what to do and how to do it, others were taking lots of time to figure out what to do and how to do it.
Still because the property is clean and the rooms were nice, I would stay again! I would also rate the hotel as Good not just average -

Room Tip: Because the hotel is so big ask for something close to the elevators or one of the many exit/ outsid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeda53
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jeda53,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property from your recent stay.

I am disappointed to know that your room was not ready until late in the evening on your day of arrival. However, I appreciate you mentioning the overall cleanliness of the hotel, our on-site Starbucks, and the renovations our property has undergone just under a year ago. Our hotel boasts 500 Guest Rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space, making us the 2nd largest hotel and conference center in the city; one of the central hubs for business and leisure travelers.

The concerns regarding the late pool hours have been addressed. Had this been reported to our staff at the time, we would have happily addressed complaint of the loud guests outside your room. Finally, I have addressed the front desk concerns with our Management Team.

We are always yearning to provide consistent services, improving in as many ways as possible to offer a better experience to each of our guests. Your feedback is important to us, so again thank you for review and we hope to see you again in the future at Hotel Eleganté.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We checked in with issues. The room was very nice and clean. It was a little loud because we faced the pool but no big deal. I checked out and the front desk gave me a receipt for $55. I had already paid $86.59 on Priceline. I told the clerk and he told me don't worry, he gave me the wrong receipt. I will be checking my credit card bill to make sure.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Marce R,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I’m pleased to hear of your comments that the guest rooms were “very nice and clean” and that you were upgraded to a Pool View Room.

When guests book through a third-party website (ie: Priceline), a receipt is provided by the third party entity for the cost of the guest room charges. Any receipt received from the hotel at the time of check-out, would be for incidentals charges only (i.e. room service, movies, etc.) accrued during your stay. Hopefully this clears up the questions you might have on the charges.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Eleganté again in the near future for another stay here!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked a room for 3 through Priceline, when we checked in, they promised to set up a pull out bed for us(our room only have one bed), but later on when we came back from dinner, it is nothing like that!! We were told that they run out of the pull out bed and even more ridiculous, they asked us to sleep on the floor!! Can you believe that, it's just like a joke. And when we asked for extra blankets, we were told that they were short of blankets. How the hell did they expect us to sleep on the floor without even blanket! Horrible experience!!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Sunny_shao

Dear Sunny_Shao,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced; we had no intentions of running out of rollaway beds and feel very badly you had to experience this during your stay with us. It is our full intent to ensure our guests are happy and we appreciate the comments- whether negative or positive, and will share yours with our Management Team.

We hope that you will give us another chance to experience the true meaning of the word “service” that we will provide on your next visit to Hotel Eleganté.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This property is updated with newer furniture & bathroom fixtures. It is a very expansive property with multiple connected buildings. The room numbering system makes it a little difficult to find the room. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The hotel provides transportation to and from the airport and the driver has always been friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear BradJack,

Thank you for your review of our property here in Colorado Springs.
You are correct in that the hotel boasts 500 Guest Rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space, making us the 2nd largest hotel and conference center in the city. As you may be aware, the hotel underwent over a $2 million dollar renovation under a year ago to both the interior and exterior structures. We are very glad you enjoyed the recent upgrades!

Finally, I am very glad you enjoyed the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff, as it is essential to a good experience. We are continually looking for specific ways to improve our property, processes, and systems so your feedback is crucial to our success!

The next time you return to the area, we hope to host you yet again at Hotel Elegante!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked the room through Priceline. When we arrived at the hotel, they said there was no way we could have reserved a room as they were full. After an hour of them talking to Priceline, they somehow got us a room. We were very pleased with the room. Queens beds, very comfortable beds! Clean room, nice. Our boys really liked the outdoor pool with the water fall.

Room Tip: If you plan to swim outside, get a room that faces outdoor pool. Can go right out your back door to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear blw0808,

Thank you for taking time to write a review from your recent stay here at Hotel Eleganté with your family!

So wonderful to hear of your pleasure in the guest rooms- along with the upgraded 13.5” Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the enjoyment from the Outdoor Pool activities! It is unfortunate to hear about your lengthy check-in process during one of our sold-out evenings, however I am very pleased to hear we were able to host your family and contribute to an excellent stay with us.

We hope to see you return to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived at 6:30pm and we were told our room wasn't ready yet. (Check in we confirmed was at 3pm). Then our experience continued to go downhill by being given rooms keys that didn't work, then once they corrected, they were to a room that was already occupied. We were traveling with 2 children under 5 and had to haul our luggage and kids around trying to get keys to a room that wasn't occupied. We requested to speak to a manager, but we were told one was not available and they were not sure when they would be.
Room booked for 4 people, but only given 3 bath towels. When we called to request another it took 2 calls and over 4 hours to bring. They finally knocked on the door at almost 10pm with it.
Dinner order in restaurant on site, kids meals came quickly which we appreciated, but our kids were done eating and the waitress came to apologize that she forgot to enter our order and it would be awhile because I requested my burger to be cooked medium well.
I understand mishaps and human error, but at no point were we offered anything for our continued inconvenience or even given a chance to speak with management.
We will be staying elsewhere on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Karen A
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear blw0808,

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your stay here with your family.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the multiple service issues which you encountered during your recent stay with us. We understand that your guest room was not prepared in a timely manner for your 3:00 p.m. check-in and when the room was ready, the room was still lacking in several items (towels). This, along with the time it took to remedy this error, is unacceptable and provides for a less-than-comfortable stay. Please know that this type of oversight is in no way permissible and we realize that your experience was compromised due to these errors.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I personally apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be as we value your business. We sincerely hope that you will consider another opportunity to allow us to better serve you in the near future and show you how great this hotel can be!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is big - I had lots of walking to do for this conference, as my room was clear across the hotel. The staff was friendly, but not always as helpful as possible. For example, when we checked in, we got a cart for our luggage and pushed it to our room. Unfortunately, our room was clear across the hotel! Later we found that we could've driven around and been right by our room (though we would've had to carry our luggage upstairs). Bad internet connection: I tried several times to use my laptop in my room, but it didn't work. I called the front desk, and a guy came and tried to help, but it didn't work. My laptop worked the night before at a different hotel, and the night after at a different hotel; so it was this hotel's issue (not my laptop). The room was quite clean! However, a bunch of crackers (or the like) were spilled on the hallway floor on the first day of my stay... two days later, they were still all over the floor! A ceiling tile in my room was knocked partially off, and hanging there. And the curtains in the room didn't close properly; so the light shined in early in the morning!
A nice view of the mountains, from our room's deck!
Overall, though... fairly nice hotel; clean room; bad internet connection; good price.

Room Tip: If you want internet connection, room 2214 might not be the best. However, you do get a view of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank S_Arthur_Johnson

Dear S_Arthur_Johnson,

Thank you for your recent review of our “big” Hotel during your stay in Colorado Springs.

You are correct in that the hotel boasts 500 Guest Rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space, making us the 2nd largest hotel and conference center in the city. While it would have been prudent to inform you of the quickest way to get to your guest room (to include direct driving routes for outside access), I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the friendliness of our staff.

Currently, we are in the process of relocating several of the hotel’s WIFI access points from the exterior of the hotel to new locations which will provide 10x faster connectivity and maintain an exponentially higher bandwidth than previous. However, we have experienced some challenges during the installation process- to include your concerns mentioned. While this history does not change the problems you encountered, I hope it does serve to explain a bit of what transpired in this instance.

Again, I appreciate the comments you mentioned as we are always looking to identify specific concerns and immediately remedy these in order to provide improved service in the future! Thank you for your feedback and I would hope to welcome you back to Hotel Eleganté in the future!