“Pleasant stay, unfortunate accident” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center

Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #24 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Montrose, Colorado
“Pleasant stay, unfortunate accident”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We checked into the hotel after a horrible experience at another motel near by. We spent a total of three nights and, for the most part, enjoyed our day. We were not in our rooms that much as we were sight-seeing most days. I will say though, that housekeeping took forever to get to our room every day. It was well after 3pm! We never did get our room completely cleaned as housekeeping would come by later afternoon when we were in our room for a break.
Front desk staff were pretty polite and attentive.
The biggest disappointment for me happened after my daughter cut her leg on a missing tile that borders the indoor pool. 911 was called and we were sent to urgent care were she received 18+ stitches. I asked to speak to hotel management the next day and they assured me that we would be taken care of and have us coupons for free meals. The unsafe area of the pool hasn't been fixed or roped off and almost a week post-accident, I haven't heard a peep from the hotel or it's liability insurance company...will be calling them today. Plus, they've charged me for the entire cost of our stay. Thumbs down on that!

2 Thank Laura M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Deep River, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the hotel for a USA Shooting event. With our USAS discount we got a great deal on the room. The room we had was very small, but sufficient for us. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning for a reasonable price (no complimentary breakfast available). The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job and most other employees were courteous. Free intermet available, but very slow. Great balcony on our room, though.

The only complaint I had was that the staff in the hotel bar would not acknowledge us and we ended up leaving after asking for menus and not receiving any!! Not sure what the problem was, but I was very upset by the time we left.

The hotel was fine for what we paid, but I probably wouldn't stay there if I had to pay full price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Tina S,

Thank you for writing a review for our property, Hotel Eleganté, from your stay.
I am truly pleased to know your experience with our breakfast buffet and housekeeping services were wonderful. I can personally say that customer service is our high priority and your comments regarding the Rawhide Sports and Patio Bar lack of service has been addressed with our Management Team. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to endure.
Please keep Hotel Eleganté in mind if you are ever back in Colorado Springs, CO.

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for a nearby lacrosse tournament. Its tucked off the street a bit. After walking by the ten commandments when entering the hotel (cool cuz I believe) we were greeted by a large lobby with a coffee/dessert shop area, sports bar, and a restaurant. From the check in line, you can look out to the indoor pool and activity area. There is another pool outdoors. Check-in was easy. We were directed to our room as well. No eager porter service was found nor the carts to help with the 7 bags we had. Our room had a functional coolness in that is was a 2 story loft suite. Down was a 3/4 bath with a couch pull out. Up was a king bed with a full bath including a double sink. All was clean but its dated in décor and the room is dark because we really could not open the window shades as there was no privacy with the pool hallway out our sliding door. Our first day room clean/turn was basically a made bed. They left towels on the floor, did not refill the coffee, and not sure if the floor was vacuumed. If you have kids, this is a cool place as there is lots to explore and do outside the room. Traveling as adults only, I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not opening on to the enclosed pool area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Tim K,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time out to write a review from your stay here at Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs, CO.
Thank you for your kind mention of our Sweet Tooth, Rawhide’s Sports Bar, and Rustler’s Country Café Restaurant. It is true that Hotel Eleganté is a great place for families to stay with the multiple pools on site- including Jacuzzis and a wading pool for children- Fun Zone, and basketball and volleyball courts. I do, however, apologize for the lack of housekeeping in your room. This is completely unacceptable and has been addressed with Housekeeping Management.
Hotel Eleganté wishes to host you again if you are ever back in the area.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stood in line 20 minutes to check in, room wasn't clean but they gave us room number and told us to come back in an hour. Came back even longer line, then they gave our room to some one else. When we finally got in our room the coffee maker was missing, called front desk 3 times to ask for one as we are big coffee drinkers. Next morning I went to front desk to ask for one and clerk acted like I was stupid and she was rude to myself and my husband. We were told no manager there at the time. We asked he call, which he didnt. Professional at a front desk is what one needs to be successful, I say start over with your staff

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear pricebradybunch,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Eleganté.

I sincerely apologize for this lapse in quality customer service involving our Front Desk Staff and I am working to improve in the future with our Management Team.

Your feedback is always welcome, negative or positive, and is crucial to the growth of our hotel. Thank you again and I hope to be able to welcome you back as our guest in the future.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

You can tell someone had the thought to fix up this property. On some accounts they did well but mostly doesn't work. The property is huge tons of rooms. The staff very friendly and competent. New beds and pillows were great, but you still have to use your shower and that ruins the experience. Will attach pictures I took of the mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. In my opinion looks to be caused by no fan in the tiny toilet & shower room. Also splash of I hope toothpaste or lotion on the walls next to the outer sink/vanity area. Also went to lay by the pool, very dirty and poorly maintained. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear heidz64,

Thank you for the time you took to write a review of Hotel Eleganté.

You are correct in that the hotel is the 2nd largest Hotel and Conference Center in the City, featuring 500 Guest Rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space. I am happy to know you thought the staff was friendly and accommodating as well as your thoughts on the new pillows and 13.5” Pillowtop Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses!

I thank you for your critical assessment of the property. The Management Team can utilize the information given to continue improving our staff and processes as the hotel moves forward.

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this online a few days ahead. Arrived at the hotel to find the computer system had gone down. Little bummer as it look a total of an hour and a half to get into our room. After waiting about an hour the staff brought around cold drinks. Hard situation but they did the best they could. Room was fantastic. Great bathroom layout. Huge extra counter in room. Great for families with teenage girls! Downside was a boys sports team staying in the hotel was pretty rude. Not sure if the hotel staff could have managed them better but running up and down the halls late into the night yelling- did not make for a restful stay.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Gina M,

We appreciate the time you took to write Hotel Eleganté a review from your recent stay in Colorado Springs, CO.

While your kinds remarks for our room and bathroom layout- including Starbucks Coffee, Bath & Body Works products, and new 13.5” Pillowtop Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses are appreciated, I am displeased to know your check-in process was not up to standard as well as the disruptive boys in the hallways. Actions would have been taken immediately to remedy the situation, had the staff been notified during your stay.

I want to thank you, again, for your review. Your comments have been shared with the Management Team and we hope to see you again as our guest!

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Booked and paid on advance for "Deluxe Room w/2 Queen Beds" but on arrival was given small room with only one bed for 3 people. When claimed to front desk was told room promised not available and no rollaway available. They suggested one of us could sleep on the floor. Extremely rude to me, my wife, and supervisor from Expedia who tried to intervene on our behalf, so mad I could not go to sleep. Supervisor from Expedia refunded our charges without me even asking because she was embarrassed after talking to clerk at front desk. Awful experience. No excuse for giving away our room and being rude about it .

Dear docwhiteaustin,

Thank you for taking the time review Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs.

I personally assure you, our staff is highly committed to providing excellent service to our guests, and I am incredibly disheartened to learn of your experience as this is not our hotel’s standard. I will personally address this topic with the Management Team immediately to remedy your serious concern.

I truly hope to welcome you back to stay with us, so as Hotel Eleganté may give you the valuable services we know you deserve. Again, Thank You for your review.