Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for a night because we had an event going on across the street. Do not let the name or 4 stars fool you. This is not an elegant hotel. It is clean, big, and decently priced, but is a typical hotel chain style place. Pool is okay, restaurants are decently priced. Easy drive to US Olympic Training Center, Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. Front desk attendants were nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I bid on this hotel on Priceline and got a very reasonable deal. After reading reviews and seeing the Trip Advisor approval rating I was prepared to possibly switch hotels after seeing my "deal" in person. Fortunately, my husband and I were very pleased with the Hotel Elegante! Our check-in was fairly quick and without problems. As stated in other reviews, it is a very large hotel, but the woman at the desk gave us a detailed map of the property and we were able to drive to our area of the hotel and park right outside our room. Upon entering the hotel, the hallway was clean. Our room was on the first floor. Our room had two queen-sized beds which were very comfortable. We probably had the best sleep here for the 2 nights we stayed as any of the other nights on our week vacation.
Our air conditioning in the room worked well and ran off a thermostat on the wall. Wi-Fi was free and I was able to connect without a problem. Our room was pleasant, with a flat screen TV and updated decor. The bathroom area was nice with an outside vanity area with a sink and an inside bathroom area with another pedestal sink, toilet and bathtub with a good shower. Everything was very clean. Bath and Bodyworks products were available in the bathroom. Starbucks coffee was also in the room with the coffee maker :-). The only negatives in the room was that there was no microwave or mini-refrigerator. We also heard a loud water sound going through our room every time the people above us flushed their toilet, fortunately that did not happen very often. My husband and I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Due to a business meeting being held at the hotel, we spent one night at Hotel Elegante. I was a little bit skeptical after reading the very mixed reviews, but upon entering the lobby, I realized that this was going to be a fine place to stay. Check in was very quick and the staff were all very nice. I found my room easily, it is a huge place, but their map and the directions were perfect. Based on previous reviews, I asked for a ground floor room so I could pack our bags in quickly and easily. Our room had been updated and was very clean and modern. Although the bath tub/shower area could use some renovation, but again, it was very clean and that is most important to us. The beds were very comfortable and my husband and I both slept really well. They offer in-room Starbuck coffee which was good

I used the workout room, which has minimal equipment, but it was busy and served the purpose for a quick work out. It could use a little updating, but again, it was fine and they had towels and chilled washcloths to refresh with. Unfortunately, we didn't use the pool or restaurants, so I can't comment on them.

The hotel is right off I-25 and is very quite. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, quiet place to sleep, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have sliding doors for easy access to bring in your luggage.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking in Colorado Springs. This place is a joke: the rooms are a maze! Sure there are signs, but they are impossible to interpret and I even got lost WITH my map! The location is also immediately adjacent to the highway so the I wing, and likely most of the property, has pretty heavy road noise all day.
The "hotel is not responsible for damage or theft" signs in the parking lot, while common, really don't inspire any image of "elegance" to this place.
I will not be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank RallyGabe
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had booked a room at another hotel for my mother - unfortunately the "other" hotel had a misunderstanding about the dates and the room wasn't available until the following day. The first hotel apologized profusely - and attempted to find another room close by - but the closest one available was Hotel Elegante.

My Mom explained to me how she had a very difficult time finding her room, and when she finally did find it she was very nervous. She explained to me that the room she was put in a very remote portion of the hotel and she was worried that if anything were to happen to her that no one would be able to hear or see anything. She said that the rooms were just okay - and cleaned as if it had been done in a hurry. The hotel had a very old feel to everything.

However - my mother told me that the person at the front desk was polite with her when she was there to check in. The process of checking in was quite a bit longer than she had hoped - but again the individual at the front desk was polite. I actually called to pay for my mom's room and the woman that took my call was very polite and understanding about the situation. The hotel room was $149 for a Thursday night. - I thought that was a bit pricey for this type of hotel.

In the morning when we picked her up - we could confirm everything that she had told us.
I had been at this hotel for a couple of business expos in the past and I could see the changes that had been made - but I think the area that the hotel is located in - is it's biggest problem.

I asked my mom if she would stay there again if she had to - and she told me that she would most likely just drive the 2 additional hours and go back home. Had she not had an event in town the following day she would have turned around and went back home that night.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a bad location and has a history of problems with SEVERE crimes - but under the pre...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank suz82398
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here the past weekend for a family reunion. It was a very nice place...rooms were spacious and updated, very clean and maid service was prompt every day. The place is very big and had lots to do inside. Had a kids play area ajoining the indoor pool and hot tub and also had an outdoor pool. Meeting rooms were nice althoughr the first night we had a problem with the air conditioning in the conference room but it was fixed by the next day. Food was good. Also had a nice bar and grill and ice cream parlor. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant ...you could order off the menu or have the breakfast buffet. The buffet was excellent with all kinds of choices. I would definately stay there again when In Colorado Springs. Employees were also friendly. Our room was on the first floor and had a sliding glass door which opened to the outside where you could sit. Overall, it was top notch.

Room Tip: First floor so that you didn't have to walk so far if that's a problem
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here one night for a business event, and I thought the hotel was just fine. It looked as if it were an older hotel that had been updated, which I appreciated. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the children's facilities looked great for families. Upon our arrival, there was about a 90 min wait, as the system was down. Instead of standing in line, we decided to dine in the restaurant. We were completely surprised by how wonderful the food tasted. For an average hotel, the meal blew us away. The same with breakfast, it was an amazing meal! Props to the head chef.
Bottom line, this is a perfectly fine hotel, great for families looking to stay somewhere clean and safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MichiganMandy
Ed O, General Manager at Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear MichiganMandy,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Eleganté in Colorado Springs!

Your feedback, whether positive or negative, is appreciated greatly as we continually strive to make improvements to the property and systems. Your kind mention to the head chef has been shared with the Management Team.

We hope to host you again in the future.

Ed Okvath