“Ok hotel that is close to lots of attractions”

Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #27 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Urbandale, Iowa
“Ok hotel that is close to lots of attractions”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Big hotel that is spread out over a large area. Our room overlooked the outdoor pool and was a distance from the front desk. Most rooms have a little patio which is a great sitting area in the evening. Outdoor pool is big, a little cold, but very clean. Indoor pool and hot tub were basic but nice. Great beds and clean room. Older hotel but has been updated nicely. The Wi-Fi was very, very poor. I had to sit on the patio outside our room and the signal & speed were very bad. For a "business friendly" hotel it was shockingly bad. Very easy access to interstate and only a few minutes drive to lots of attractions. We felt safe at the hotel but the area gets a little rough to the east and south. Would stay there again - but most likely would look for alternatives on the north side of town.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing the outdoor pool have a large patio with a sitting area. Plus it was easy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mspschatzke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I got a great deal on Priceline for a week stay but after reading reviews I thought I may have made a mistake I can't correct without spending more money. My worry wasn't warranted at all. After driving 3.5 hours in rush hour traffic and horrendous rain from Denver (usually an hour 1/2 drive)we were cordially welcomed by Shelby at the front desk. She listened to our request for a quiet room and located the perfect room for us in the back near the fountain. We had one bad night. Someone checked in at midnight and reeved up their tv till 2:30. They checked out the next day. Our room was more than adequate. The king bed was very comfortable and we had a sliding glass door opening to the delightful fountain outside. We didn't mind the long walk from our room to the entrance of the hotel. In fact we enjoyed it! We even began parking in front rather than by our room. The entrance door by our building never worked with the key the entire time we were there but we didn't care any longer since we enjoyed getting a walk in every day. I have to say, the hotel staff including housekeeping were quite welcoming and friendly. Several times walking through the halls I noted one housekeeper often on her cell...wondered how difficult it is today to get people to just do their jobs. The restaurant food is mediocre but what the heck, I wouldn't expect much from a hotel restaurant and their are plenty of restaurants nearby and downtown. The staff at the restaurant (the host and wait person) were terrific. All in all this was a very good experience here. It was well worth the price we paid through Priceline!!! Hotel is right off of the freeway exit so getting around is a breeze. Most of the new hotels are just down the street by the World Arena on the other side of the street and in a better area but all in all we were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the back of the hotel near the fountain. Much quieter than near the front...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for a night because we had an event going on across the street. Do not let the name or 4 stars fool you. This is not an elegant hotel. It is clean, big, and decently priced, but is a typical hotel chain style place. Pool is okay, restaurants are decently priced. Easy drive to US Olympic Training Center, Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. Front desk attendants were nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Westchester, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I bid on this hotel on Priceline and got a very reasonable deal. After reading reviews and seeing the Trip Advisor approval rating I was prepared to possibly switch hotels after seeing my "deal" in person. Fortunately, my husband and I were very pleased with the Hotel Elegante! Our check-in was fairly quick and without problems. As stated in other reviews, it is a very large hotel, but the woman at the desk gave us a detailed map of the property and we were able to drive to our area of the hotel and park right outside our room. Upon entering the hotel, the hallway was clean. Our room was on the first floor. Our room had two queen-sized beds which were very comfortable. We probably had the best sleep here for the 2 nights we stayed as any of the other nights on our week vacation.
Our air conditioning in the room worked well and ran off a thermostat on the wall. Wi-Fi was free and I was able to connect without a problem. Our room was pleasant, with a flat screen TV and updated decor. The bathroom area was nice with an outside vanity area with a sink and an inside bathroom area with another pedestal sink, toilet and bathtub with a good shower. Everything was very clean. Bath and Bodyworks products were available in the bathroom. Starbucks coffee was also in the room with the coffee maker :-). The only negatives in the room was that there was no microwave or mini-refrigerator. We also heard a loud water sound going through our room every time the people above us flushed their toilet, fortunately that did not happen very often. My husband and I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Due to a business meeting being held at the hotel, we spent one night at Hotel Elegante. I was a little bit skeptical after reading the very mixed reviews, but upon entering the lobby, I realized that this was going to be a fine place to stay. Check in was very quick and the staff were all very nice. I found my room easily, it is a huge place, but their map and the directions were perfect. Based on previous reviews, I asked for a ground floor room so I could pack our bags in quickly and easily. Our room had been updated and was very clean and modern. Although the bath tub/shower area could use some renovation, but again, it was very clean and that is most important to us. The beds were very comfortable and my husband and I both slept really well. They offer in-room Starbuck coffee which was good

I used the workout room, which has minimal equipment, but it was busy and served the purpose for a quick work out. It could use a little updating, but again, it was fine and they had towels and chilled washcloths to refresh with. Unfortunately, we didn't use the pool or restaurants, so I can't comment on them.

The hotel is right off I-25 and is very quite. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, quiet place to sleep, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have sliding doors for easy access to bring in your luggage.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking in Colorado Springs. This place is a joke: the rooms are a maze! Sure there are signs, but they are impossible to interpret and I even got lost WITH my map! The location is also immediately adjacent to the highway so the I wing, and likely most of the property, has pretty heavy road noise all day.
The "hotel is not responsible for damage or theft" signs in the parking lot, while common, really don't inspire any image of "elegance" to this place.
I will not be staying again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank RallyGabe

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

suz82398
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had booked a room at another hotel for my mother - unfortunately the "other" hotel had a misunderstanding about the dates and the room wasn't available until the following day. The first hotel apologized profusely - and attempted to find another room close by - but the closest one available was Hotel Elegante.

My Mom explained to me how she had a very difficult time finding her room, and when she finally did find it she was very nervous. She explained to me that the room she was put in a very remote portion of the hotel and she was worried that if anything were to happen to her that no one would be able to hear or see anything. She said that the rooms were just okay - and cleaned as if it had been done in a hurry. The hotel had a very old feel to everything.

However - my mother told me that the person at the front desk was polite with her when she was there to check in. The process of checking in was quite a bit longer than she had hoped - but again the individual at the front desk was polite. I actually called to pay for my mom's room and the woman that took my call was very polite and understanding about the situation. The hotel room was $149 for a Thursday night. - I thought that was a bit pricey for this type of hotel.

In the morning when we picked her up - we could confirm everything that she had told us.
I had been at this hotel for a couple of business expos in the past and I could see the changes that had been made - but I think the area that the hotel is located in - is it's biggest problem.

I asked my mom if she would stay there again if she had to - and she told me that she would most likely just drive the 2 additional hours and go back home. Had she not had an event in town the following day she would have turned around and went back home that night.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a bad location and has a history of problems with SEVERE crimes - but under the pre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends