“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vail, Colorado
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I was really happy with this hotel! I only stayed one night and was not in my room that much but it was quiet, comfortable and clean! I did not order room service but like that it was available. I did not order because there were not healthy options (hint hint if hotel reading this).
I love that I 25 is so close to from hotel. It made going to and from the hotel so easy! I would stay again just for that reason.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were visiting and had a disappointing experience but Gabe from hotel security went above and beyond to research and try to rectify the problem. Thank you Gabe for all your work. Staff was very helpful and accommodating!

Room Tip: We wanted easy access to the indoor pool because of small children
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was alright. We stayed here one night, and we enjoyed the pools. This hotel has a nice lobby, outdated exterior, outdated rooms, and is located in an area that seems to be area that was much nicer in the past. Now even though, the hotel is a bit out of date, the room was clean, the restaurant had good food, and the staff was great. So in the end, I would say it was a 3 star stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a quick access to the pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Big hotel that is spread out over a large area. Our room overlooked the outdoor pool and was a distance from the front desk. Most rooms have a little patio which is a great sitting area in the evening. Outdoor pool is big, a little cold, but very clean. Indoor pool and hot tub were basic but nice. Great beds and clean room. Older hotel but has been updated nicely. The Wi-Fi was very, very poor. I had to sit on the patio outside our room and the signal & speed were very bad. For a "business friendly" hotel it was shockingly bad. Very easy access to interstate and only a few minutes drive to lots of attractions. We felt safe at the hotel but the area gets a little rough to the east and south. Would stay there again - but most likely would look for alternatives on the north side of town.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing the outdoor pool have a large patio with a sitting area. Plus it was easy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mspschatzke
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I got a great deal on Priceline for a week stay but after reading reviews I thought I may have made a mistake I can't correct without spending more money. My worry wasn't warranted at all. After driving 3.5 hours in rush hour traffic and horrendous rain from Denver (usually an hour 1/2 drive)we were cordially welcomed by Shelby at the front desk. She listened to our request for a quiet room and located the perfect room for us in the back near the fountain. We had one bad night. Someone checked in at midnight and reeved up their tv till 2:30. They checked out the next day. Our room was more than adequate. The king bed was very comfortable and we had a sliding glass door opening to the delightful fountain outside. We didn't mind the long walk from our room to the entrance of the hotel. In fact we enjoyed it! We even began parking in front rather than by our room. The entrance door by our building never worked with the key the entire time we were there but we didn't care any longer since we enjoyed getting a walk in every day. I have to say, the hotel staff including housekeeping were quite welcoming and friendly. Several times walking through the halls I noted one housekeeper often on her cell...wondered how difficult it is today to get people to just do their jobs. The restaurant food is mediocre but what the heck, I wouldn't expect much from a hotel restaurant and their are plenty of restaurants nearby and downtown. The staff at the restaurant (the host and wait person) were terrific. All in all this was a very good experience here. It was well worth the price we paid through Priceline!!! Hotel is right off of the freeway exit so getting around is a breeze. Most of the new hotels are just down the street by the World Arena on the other side of the street and in a better area but all in all we were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the back of the hotel near the fountain. Much quieter than near the front...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for a night because we had an event going on across the street. Do not let the name or 4 stars fool you. This is not an elegant hotel. It is clean, big, and decently priced, but is a typical hotel chain style place. Pool is okay, restaurants are decently priced. Easy drive to US Olympic Training Center, Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. Front desk attendants were nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Westchester, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I bid on this hotel on Priceline and got a very reasonable deal. After reading reviews and seeing the Trip Advisor approval rating I was prepared to possibly switch hotels after seeing my "deal" in person. Fortunately, my husband and I were very pleased with the Hotel Elegante! Our check-in was fairly quick and without problems. As stated in other reviews, it is a very large hotel, but the woman at the desk gave us a detailed map of the property and we were able to drive to our area of the hotel and park right outside our room. Upon entering the hotel, the hallway was clean. Our room was on the first floor. Our room had two queen-sized beds which were very comfortable. We probably had the best sleep here for the 2 nights we stayed as any of the other nights on our week vacation.
Our air conditioning in the room worked well and ran off a thermostat on the wall. Wi-Fi was free and I was able to connect without a problem. Our room was pleasant, with a flat screen TV and updated decor. The bathroom area was nice with an outside vanity area with a sink and an inside bathroom area with another pedestal sink, toilet and bathtub with a good shower. Everything was very clean. Bath and Bodyworks products were available in the bathroom. Starbucks coffee was also in the room with the coffee maker :-). The only negatives in the room was that there was no microwave or mini-refrigerator. We also heard a loud water sound going through our room every time the people above us flushed their toilet, fortunately that did not happen very often. My husband and I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple