“Large complex with two great pools”

Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a huge complex with several pools (indoors and outdoors). Some of the outdoor staircases needed repair but over all this is a very nice hotel with plenty to keep one busy and only a block from the freeway. Many of the rooms have outdoor balconies that over look the outdoor pool. It was very quiet when the sliding door was closed. The rooms are nice, clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the outdoor pool if you want to swim or watch children who do. Ask to be near the ind...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a very large facility in a somewhat dicey part of town off the interstate. The Ten Commandments monolith at the entrance is interesting, if you like that sort of thing. Checkin was easy and our room was decent -- nice beds, clean, nothing fancy.

What really threw me off was at 9:30pm on our second night, the front desk called and told me they needed to swipe my credit card for "incidentals" RIGHT AWAY. (They forgot to do this at checkin, and somehow they couldn't figure out how to just run the card with the room service I had ordered earlier.) I explained that it was late, I was in my pajamas, and I would take care of it in the morning. She was rude, almost threatening, and said I had to do it NOW!!!

So, I got dressed and marched the 1000 feet or so through the sprawling corridors to the front desk so they could fix their mistake, which apparently had to happen at THEIR convenience, not mine. I was angry about this and did not sleep well.

I do NOT recommend this hotel, because (1) the staff was rude, and (2) my booking service has this as a 3.5 star hotel, which it clearly isn't.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FamousOriginalBob
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the property for a cheap hotel and that is what this property is. The property is tired and shows its age. Hotel was full with several events so housekeeping was challenged to get to the room and had to be requested when they did not show. Stayed for four nights and while the rate was cheap, room was decent, would likely not return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Rolled the dice on a priceline express deal and scored big here! If not for the halls smelling like dog poo....I would give this hotel a solid 9 out of 10. Room was beautifully remodeled and huge. Hotel grounds are super cute with large gardens and courtyards. Very family friendly with 2 pools, kids area, and cheap kids menu if you wanna eat on site. Starbucks on site and coffee in room. We had a little issue with room next door thinking they were going to have a rave in their room at 11 pm, but one call to front desk and security shut that down real quick like. Next time I go to CO springs I will stay here. Will also recommend to friends/family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was not a 4-star hotel as was advertised. The room was clean, but I had to go to the front desk to get hand towels on the second and third days of our stay. The keycard worked half the time. The staff was pleasant though. We got a good price on the room, but I think we will stay somewhere else next time we visit Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has real potential if they can clean it up and provide better customer service. Some customer service was good and some was bad. The restaurant had great customer service and good food an prices. The bad customer service was with the Sweet's Shop. We went in there in the morning to get my son a cinnamon roll and there was no one there. I yelled into the back area for help "anyone there?" I did this several times - waiting about 4 minutes until I walked out. The front desk clerk told my husband she would find someone to help us and gave us a $2 off coupon for our inconvenience. We walked back in and Anna told us they were out of cinnamon rolls. So, we just ordered some coffee. She said she could not take the coupon unless we were spending $15 or more. I told her the front desk gave that to us to use because we had to wait so long for someone to get here. The front desk did not tell us there was a stipulation of spending $15. She got visibly angry with me. I told her she had no right getting angry at me and she should redeem the coupon. She never apologized. My husband said,"Let's go, forget about the coffee." We left. On our way out we told the front desk what happened. Not sure how that was all resolved internally, but we left as angry customers not wanting to come back. As for the dirty hotel, it looks like they have spent a lot of money to remodel certain areas. The rooms had newer furniture. However, our room was dirty. The tile bathroom floor did not look cleaned and the carpet did not look vacuumed. One of the beds had stains in the linens that looked like they had been washed, but the stains never came out. The patio door window was dirty and not cleaned. Hallways are old and in need of repair with banged up walls and torn wallpaper.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eboen
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Used Priceline for the first time ever as it was a pricey weekend in the Colorado Springs area for lodging, and was assigned this hotel which has seen many owners over the years, with this being one of the better versions. Convenient to downtown, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, World Arena and for me to Manitou Springs. Right at the I-25 and South Circle exit. Front desk Staff were great. The room was very nice and spacious, bathroom well appointed, enough available outlets, however the chair provided was definitely designed for a kid. Small and low to the floor. There's more than enough room that they could have done better. Small dresser, and decent sized closet. Hallways are okay though very-very long and reminiscent of a by-gone era. Housekeeping worked well into the evening on both days I was there. For my room, they replaced the floor mat in the bathroom, made sure the tip envelope was well positioned, but I had to make the bed, which wasn't a big deal. Room service trays remained in the hallway for most of the stay. Since I was a very long distance from the elevator, and the stairway close by, I opted for the stairs. Only negatives for me were the wine, beer and whiskey bottles that littered the stairway, along with some assorted energy drinks. Nice touch were the trousers hanging from the standpipe above the stairway heater. For whatever reason, and in the morning only, the door was propped open with a rock, which was promptly kicked away when leaving for the day. It's a protective alcove and my guess is that it's often used as a smoker's lounge. I couldn't access the stairway from the exterior, so it was always a long walk to the elevator. It is a funky layout of a design. Recommendation is to look at a hotel map when checking in to see where your room is in regards to the elevator if long treks aren't desired. When asking for the top floor, realize that the parking lights do a bang up job of lighting up the room at night as the top of the light is at that level, so check out the orientation of the light head. I would stay there again, but in a different location on the top floor, and one where the lights don't shine in at night. I'm sure the stairway condition was a hiccup, and that they might have been short staffed for the housekeeping demands of that weekend.

Room Tip: Check out the distance from the elevator to the room, as well as the orientation of the parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business