“Tamales were the best ever. Wish we lived closer”

Arceo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 1,411 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Columbus, KS 66725
“Tamales were the best ever. Wish we lived closer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was next to our motel, so though it normally wouldn't have caught my eye, it was convenient. Inside décor was the painted carved chairs and booths that Mexican restaurants order from ???? Anyway, the food was great. Normally not a tamale eater but it came on my combo dinner, and it was excellent. My husband had a chicken dish and said it was very good as well.

• Visited July 2013

“Absolutely wonderful food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

The food was excellent, for a great price!!! Staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was like a cozy family owned restaurant. Would definitely recommend this to everyone!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Heidiho_x
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Perfect Lunch Get-Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have been eating lunch at Arceo's on a regular basis for about three years now, and absolutely love it. You can get in and out about as quickly as you want, so if you're pressed for time and have a yearning for authentic Mexican food, I highly recommend giving this place a try. Even the rice is special here! Not far from downtown, free parking, good service and a wonderful selection of menu items with excellent margaritas. What more could you ask for?

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank DaveM709
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

The food was great, colorful decorations. The portions were generous and very tasty. My wife ordered the carne asada and the meat was tender and juicy. The beans and rice were delicious. I ordered a chile relleno, and to my surprise it was loaded with a combination of cheeses that left me satisfied. I would return there in a heartbeat!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank MannyinFlorida
United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I ate at Arceo's for lunch on a Saturday in March. It was a very nice warm day, however, yet Mexican food was what we were craving. Once again. Arceo's did not disappoint. I ordered the spinach enchilada and was delighted in the lunch. Expecting frozen spinach, I was so surprised when my enchilada came with fresh spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions and a light cheese sprinkle. The price was a little over $5 and it included rice and beans that covered the plate. Oh! and the chips were amazing. Salsa was excellent, similar to a Casera with chunks of peppers and onions. They also brought a unique cabbage salsa/salad in a little dish that was spicy, yum!
The wait staff were genuinely kind, stopped by frequently without dominating us, brought any requests quickly, and friendly.
This is in an old Pizza Hut building, very casual, but decorated in a casual atmosphere. I would not hesitate to bring family, friends, spouse, or go alone to this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013