“Tired, old property”

Sonesta ES Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite, with a kitchen. The size of the room was adequate. That being said there is not much else good to say about this hotel. It feels like an old apartment complex, very tired looking. Breakfast was nothing special and the breakfast area was way too small. Pool was padlocked shut until the afternoon during our stay. The staff didn't want to impress you. If you are only looking for space then this is for you, but if you want service and comfort look elsewhere, especially for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MFamilyUtah

Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is a great hotel, the rooms are very clean and large with free internet and parking. Rooms have a full kitchen and from Monday to Wednesday they have a manager reception which includes a finger foodl and beer and wine from 5 to 7. The breakfast in the morning is very good with a large assortment and changes daily. The have a nice pool with a view of the mountains and a outside fire pit and BBQ that guest can use. All of the staff are extremly nice and sure make you feel welcome. This is my place to stay when in the springs, you will not be dissapointed. In the past 6 months I will have stayed here for 5 weeks in total.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the south away from N Academy BLVD are quieter, if you have problems with stairs ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jeff_on
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We absolutely loved our stay! We started out booking just two penthouse suites, but ended up with a large family reunion. Everyone commented that this was such a wonderful place to stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the Manager's Reception the first night. The entire staff were unbelievably friendly and accommodating. We were served lasagna and pizza plus wine, beer and soft drinks, all at no charge. After the reception, we gathered outside for the evening on the large patio and asked for additional chairs, which the staff cleaned up and provided for us immediately. The following day, we requested to reserve the patio once more for a barbeque and birthday party. Again, the staff came through perfectly for us. When we ran out of paper plates and silverware, the staff provided for us with what we needed, no questions asked.

I can't say enough for Jen and Cliff, who were especially gracious and made us feel at home while away from home. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and there were also plenty of healthy things to eat, such as oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, along with the hot eggs, meats, potatoes, and Belgium waffles.

We have stayed at many Residence Inns, but this one was definitely the best!!! Thank you for the great hospitality to our family and for providing us with such a great place to meet for an unforgetable family reunion.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wat'rlily
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Conveniently located close to my in-laws, and nice enough to return to even if it were further away. Very quiet, soundproof 2bedroom suite on the second floor. Extremely clean. Welcoming couch, excellent water pressure, warm & comfy beds. Fully stocked kitchen.

And the breakfast!!! Amazing spread of hot scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, tortillas, salsa, cheese, a steaming pot of REAL OATMEAL ! With raisins, brown sugar, skim & low fat milks , a waffle maker, cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffees & teas... I know I'm forgetting something!

I will really look forward to visiting my in-laws again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Comfy_Bed_Lover
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Three of us stayed in one of their suites on the second floor. (As others have noted, if you are unable to climb stairs, you will need a ground floor room) It contained a living space w/ kitchenette and one bedroom w/ bath on the second floor and then up another flight of stairs was a loft with a bath. There are 3 TV's total, but the living room TV is right next to the bedroom which could bother someone trying to sleep. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. There is a fireplace, which we didn't use. Internet reception was strong, and worked well for us. The speed was aprx 3Mbps download & 1.5Mbps upload. They have a breakfast in the mornings, which we didn't try. Other amenities as well, but we were too busy to use them. The hotel worked great for us as we were visiting both East & West CO Springs. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RockyMtn11
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was on a business trip to Colorado Springs and stayed at this hotel. When I walked into the lobby (11;30pm) I told the male manager, "I have a paid reservation made by business travel agency". He told me, "I dont see anything under that name". I told him, "Did you check the fax, because I'm not paying for the room and I will call my company travel coordinator if it has not been paid". The manager looked around and said "I found it, someone did not enter it in". He asked for my credit card and I asked him "Why?", He said, just for incidentals. I gave it to him and repeated to him "Dont charge the room to my card". When I checked my card balance and charges three days later, this crook charged the room to my credit card!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, the employees are crooks!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Jovan972
COSSP, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It seems that you had some difficulty during your recent check in experience. I apologize for your difficulty and frustration. I will review our credit card procedures to make sure that noone has this issue moving forward. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issue and allowing us to resolve it for you. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate having you as our guest.

Michelle Franks
Residence Inn Colorado Springs Central
michelle.franks@ihrco.com

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Loved this hotel. The rooms are more like condos, than a hotel, with a full size fridge, stove, oven, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, all included. Great breakfast provided, one of the best hotel breakfasts I ever had, for sure.

I would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: I stayed on a bottom floor unit, and I could hear the people above me stomping around. So ask for an...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business