“A nice hotel, pretty landscaping”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South AP
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here one night in July. Hotel is nice and like most other LaQuinta Inns. We did have a problem with a barking dog across the hall and reported it as the dog owners left it unattended and it was barking it's head off and scratching at the door. The lady at the desk promptly called the room and left a message and later she reported to us that the people removed the dog from the hotel. She said pets were not to be left unattended. Even housekeeping had reported the barking, yelping and clawing at the door. So, the problem was fixed promptly by the hotel.
Breakfast was good...the usual items at all La Quinta's. The outside pool and gazbo area was very pretty and there were chairs and tables available.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014

On the plus side: a friendly staff and clean rooms. On the minus: mediocre breakfast and location. Nearby, you will find a 12-screen movie theater and a few chain-type restaurants. Not the best choice for a longer stay but definitely a good one-night stand.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great hotel and staff. Rooms are clean, staff members are friendly and knowledgeable about the area. My wife and I have vacationed in Colorado Springs every year for the past 10 years, and we always stay here.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband stayed here one night while sightseeing in CO Springs. The hotel was clean, seemed well organized and the staff was friendly. Walls were a little thin and we could hear some of the other guests but not so much it disturbed our rest. Breakfast is pretty basic but it was nice to have the option of free coffee and bagel right there.

The area is nothing special. You're off the Interstate with a lot of chain restaurants and stores. Nothing like nearby Mantiou Springs with B&Bs and fun specialty stores but it worked for our one night stay and was a reasonable rate. We were warned about leaving valuables visible in the car as there had been a break in but that seems like basic common sense you would practice anywhere you go.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot at this place I had a bad feeling in my stomach. I was hauling a 12 foot trailer and had many personal and valuable possessions traveling with me. One of the first things I noticed when we pulled in was shattered glass in one of the parking spots. I thought this was a sign. I told my wife we should probably keep traveling, but since we had a tired baby and cranky dog we decided to stay. Upon checking in I explained to the lady at the front desk that I was hauling a trailer and asked where the safest place to park would be. She told me to park on the movie theater side of the property “that’s where all trailers parked”. We awoke in the morning to find the truck with smashed windows and the trailer had been broken into. I would later learn that two other vehicles were also broken into that night.
When the police arrived they told me this place was notorious for vehicle break ins and that another trailer had been broken into the night before a couple spots down from where we had parked. He said they have to visit the hotel on average 4 times a week for vehicle break ins.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Randall T
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is animal friendly if you are traveling with a pet. I stayed there for 3 weeks, the hotel room have this kinda old muddy smell, the towels have black stains. The hotel breakfast is really basic with bread and oatmeal. A couple of the hotel staff was friend and a couple were not so much. The walls are not sound proofing, it's loud and with people constantly slaming their doors, don't expect to sleep in while staying there. I will probably not going to stay there again until I'm absolutely have to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great location in Colorado Springs near 115 and 25. Friendly, helpful, and professional staff, especially at the front desk. Very clean rooms. No noise so we slept really well. Nice breakfast. Good price for this standard of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family