“Nice hotel with fun waterslide”

Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #54 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here is the overview for our stay
Got a good rate, King size bed was comfortable, Sofa bed was as comfortable as any sofa bed, Shower was good, Room had decent space, Breakfast was good with a selection of waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, etc
The pool with the water slide was the top thing about the hotel. My kids loved it and I thought it was pretty fun as well. It was the main reason I booked the hotel.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Roger_Nation, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank You so much for choosing our hotel and I'm very pleased we took great care of you.... We hope to see you again on your next visit to Colorado Springs....
And Yes, the water slide, outdoor pool and Hot Tub are awesome !

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We LOVED our stay at Comfort Suites, North Academy. The kids LOVED the water slide. We loved the indoor/ outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The breakfast was good, the staff was excellent and accommodating. I loved that the rooms were a little larger, so my family of 6 could all stay in the same room. Refrigerator and microwave a plus. The rooms could have been a little cleaner, but overall, we thought this was the best hotel in terms of bang for your buck. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

And Yes, the water slide, outdoor pool and Hot Tub are awesome !
Since our rooms are all Suites and offer a separate living room, Microwave and fridge, we are the perfect destination for weary travelers that need a quiet place to recharge.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived at our hotel around 11pm after driving from Denver. Very tired, I (mom) got everyone in bed and then unpacked. I was already displeased with the stains on the floor and dirty bathroom. Then i got into bed and realized that the bed was broke -- after everyone else was asleep. So I tried to sleep in this terrible bed but only got about 2 hours of sleep as I didn't want to wake my entire family and change rooms. I was so disappointed. I had a full day of sightseeing on 2 hours sleep! When I told the lady at the desk the next morning, she just apologized -- never offered a discount, etc -- knowing that i was checking out after only 1 night when i was supposed to stay 4!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank blw0808
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a good value. It was obviously under construction. I asked for an updated room and it was nice, except for the overwhelming odor in the room which smelled like marijuana. It was so strong at first and then I guess we got used to it. We told the manager and she said she was having a problem with that with both her staff and the guests! Anyway the linens were nice, the beds comfy, it had a small fridge, nice bathroom amenities, a gym and pool and a really good breakfast. So for the price, we were satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Archeryl
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were attending graduation in town, so my son made the reservations. We have stayed at the hotels that are very close to this one before, but my son said that they really raised their prices. So we decided to try this one. The location was right, the price was right and it says SUITES. I was assuming separate rooms and some sort of sink/fridge/ microwave in the living area. Well, our room had all that, b in 1 divided room. The bathroom consisting of the toilet and tub, is what separates the areas. The sink is a bathroom sink that is open to both the living and sleeping areas. And the fridge and microwave are by the ONLY sink and ONLY mirror. I wouldn't want to be microwaving food while someone was blow drying their hair. The bathroom floor tiles were all cracked, but there was plenty of large, clean, fluffy towels. The king size bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. But the fold out couch mattress was in horrible shape and only had a thin blanket and NO pillows. It was good that the king size bed had extra pillows, because we had to share. It might be ok to put younger children to sleep on it, but my adult daughter had to sleep on it. She was cold in the night, and NO other blankets could be found in the room. We were meeting family for breakfast, so I cannot attest to the continental breakfast they offer. The pools looked ok, but we were only staying the night, so didn't get to swim. If all you are looking for is a place to stay that is clean and affordable, then this place will do.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelinggrandmaWy
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A bit old and run down. We were trapped out back in the cold because the back door key scanner didn't work. There was no sign to tell us that, and we kept trying and trying to use our key to get in the door.... finally had to walk all the way around the hotel to the front :(

Our microwave and hair dryer were plugged into the same outlet and didn't work. There was only one employee doing everything, so when he was able to come our room, he tried moving them a bit and plugged them into another outlet which worked until I tried to microwave some popcorn. It kept popping the reset button on the outlet. I finally took my popcorn downstairs and asked if I could use a lobby microwave.

The bathroom layout is terrible. Only the toilet and shower are behind the door. The tiny vanity, mirror, and hairdryer are all next to the TV, so if you need to blow dry your hair, you can't do it in the bathroom and have to wake everyone else up.

The living room is nice with the sofa bed. The bathroom separates the living room from the bedroom somewhat which gives a little privacy.

Like any indoor pool, the pool with the slide is noisy, stuffy, and confining, as well as a bit run down and small. The outdoor pool wasn't open yet, but I thought the two pools were connected, but they're completely separate.

The beds were clean and comfy. The TV and remote worked fine (no sleep timer, though).

Some of the staff were very friendly and helpful, while one front-desk attendant wasn't. He was argumentative; but later he was very helpful in giving us directions and advice.

Breakfast consisted of make-your-own waffles, whole fruit, danishes, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, coffee, tea, milk, juice, butter, jelly, cream, and more, but there was no cut-up fruit or berries.

The breakfast was nice, except there isn't always an attendant nearby and the waffle mix has a sign on it that says "push" but doesn't say whether to push down or forward. I pushed in the wrong direction and couldn't figure out how to get waffle mix out. I pushed a little harder and the entire spout came off and waffle mix poured all over the floor and splattered on my shoes. I frantically searched their kitchen for something to catch the mix in until finally someone got some help. Once the kitchen staff was present, they were very attentive and hard-working, but it would have been nice if someone had been there to answer my question in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Homeschool_Mom_Patti
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the night and we have no complaints! Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable, the room could use some dusting in odd spaces (on top of mirror frames and tv) but other than that, it was an all - around great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple