“Good stay. Great room”

Travelodge Colorado Springs
Ranked #87 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
NJ
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel in mid June for a family function in the area. This hotel looks like it hasn't been cleaned, renovated or improved in 30 years. The room was horrible. Dirty bedspreads, which I removed and put on the floor. Sheets and towels that were so thin, it was like
tissue paper. The shower curtain was dirty and stained. The carpeting was stained.
The faucet in the bathroom sink was very old and dirty. The back parking lot was in need of
re-paving. The carpet on the back stairs was dirty and looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Cracked tiles on the floor. Overall, not a very nice place. I understand it was a four star hotel, but maybe if they made improvements, they could actually raise their rates. I would definitely never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Colorado Spring
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were disappointed that the week we were there the pool was not heated due to a broken part. This let our kids down as we had told them we would swim. One day our room was not cleaned we had overflowing trash and dirty towels. When I called they were not very helpful and had me come down to get new towels and recommended I take the trash out myself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Kentwood, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First let me say this hotel is showing wear and tear. If that bothers you, pick another hotel.

As others have said the carpet is stained and my chairs had staining as well but I expect that for a low priced hotel. Overall the room was clean and the front desk staff were very pleasant. Pool was a little on the cool side and the pool area needs some help. Exercise room was do-able but really in need of some help. It really needs some new equipment. Fridge in the room worked fine and the AC was plenty cold. There was a power strip on the desk so I had lots of outlets to plug my stuff into. They have a small area outdoors for your dogs to do their thing. For it being a pet friendly hotel I didn't notice any issues. Normal breakfast fare. Guest laundry consisted of 1 washer and 1 dryer on the 2nd floor. $1 each. I didn't see any vending machine for detergent or dryer sheets but they may have been downstairs. They both worked fine for me. Wi-fi worked great and it was free.

Parking lot - Seemed to be plenty of parking for guests when I was there. Mostly well lit. You could park a trailer if you take up extra spaces in the rear lot. Not sure but you could probably park a semi if you had to and the lot wasn't very full.

Easy access to get to the attractions. Lots of restaurants are close (within 2.5 miles) as are gas stations. The had some kind of room service worked out with what must be a local restaurant but I didn't use it. Menu is in the room with lots of options.

The place needs some work but I'd stay again for the price. I wasn't expecting a lot for $67 a night. I gave it an average rating for cleanliness as it met that for the class of hotel. Others may not agree with that.

Room Tip: Any room near the 2nd floor guest laundry is going to be noisy.