“Over the hill. Needs new bedding.”

Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #31 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Over the hill. Needs new bedding.”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Hard to find and out of the way. Treacherous parking lot. The quilted comforter had been washed so many times, it looked like there were a dozen baseballs on the bed; all the filling was in tight balls. When we asked for a replacement we were told they were all like that. The top sheet on the king bed was for a queen or maybe even a double. The bathtub need to be redone and the sink drain was sluggish.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Friendly and professional! The best customer service out of the many Hampton Inns I've stayed at. Front desk staff was awesome! Close to the airport and convenient access to all areas of interest. When visiting, I won't stay anywhere else but here, at the Colorado Springs Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FineByMe
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I am a fan of Hampton Inns in general, but was especially pleased with this service we received at this location. My husband is disabled and we had a 6am flight leaving the next morning. The front desk clerk suggested I return our rental car that evening in order to make life easier the next morning. Their airport shuttle followed me to the airport that evening, picked me up after the rental car was returned, took me back to the hotel. The next morning they made sure my husband and I were at the airport in plenty of time for our early flight home.
The motel is quiet, clean, nice sized rooms, and the handicapped accessible room was perfect for us! We will definitely stay at this motel again and again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MAMcM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 October 2011

A very utilitarian hotel. Got to airport easily with free shuttle. Pretty comfortable beds. Restaurant at Hilton Place next door was adequate and convenient.

• Stayed October 2011
Maryland
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Hampton Inn's are know n to be nice, clean and convenient places to stay. This location was all of those things. Room was very clean and mostly modern (TV was old style tube unit -very large). The surroundings were quiet with not much noise from the airport at all. I did not use the breakfast facilities. The front desk was extremely helpful, givings me places to eat, to see, and even storing my mountain bike. A good choice for the price!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank thornick
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This was choosen for a pre-planned break in a long road trip, solely by price. To say the least, locating it wasn't tough, but it doesn't jump out at the driver and identify itself easily. It's sitting behind a Hilton Garden Inn on one side, and another non-Hilton brand on the other, sandwiched in between and less tall than it's neighbors. The rooms were smaller than expected. Furnishings were up to date, beds/towels/soaps were as good as expected, and the desk staff courteous, kind, and prompt. I don't use the pools or exercise equipment, or much of any of the ammenities. The business center has just one workstation that will print, so you have to wait your turn if you need something on paper. More astonishing was the fact that this inn supports an airport, and there isn't a smidgen of food service anywhere close. If you were left there on foot as many companies do, it might get a little hungry out there for an extended stay. The breakfast bar was predictably Hampton, which never impresses me. I wound up going next door to the other Hilton brand, and having a chef cook me some eggs made by chickens. I would use this inn again if stuck at the airport, else it's too much trouble to get back to it, and I'd recommend it if it's location is attractive to one's needs. I really wish I had just been a little less stingy, and picked out something closer to where civilization exists.

Room Tip: One stay does not give a party enough information to comment about the best rooms in the inn. My sta...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Arnold_Ziffel
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed four nites at this hotel. They couldn't have been nicer. Full breakfast, shuttled me to get my rental car at the airport, great room, even mailed my postcards for me. Definately a great place to stay. Off the beaten path a bit but that is a good thing. Very quiet. Right next to the main road with everything on it. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family