“Excellent stay...”
Review of Quality Inn South

Quality Inn South
Ranked #44 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 24 February 2010

So I wasn't planning on staying in the Springs originally, but due to a medical emergency i was forced to stay in town for a few nights. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The staff was extremely helpful and the hotel was affordable. This place is the perfect poster-child for excellent customer service. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable. My room also had an awesome, large, tv. The bathroom was also quite large, and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was quiet and comfortable. In addition... the coffee provided for the self-brew coffee pot actually tasted good. Great place for kids. This may be a bit too quiet if you are a college kid/ young adult looking to party.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 October 2009

The hallway floors were filthy. It looked like they hadn't vacuumed in weeks. The elevator was the same way. My dad went to take a shower and the handle came off and we were unable to use the shower. My dad said he could tell that this problem had happened before, and they did a shoddy job at the repair. My dad said, of all his travels, this was the worst hotel he'd ever stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We had no idea what this place would be like since it was a last minute decision. We were very happy with the room, nice & clean, comfy bed, clean bathroom and a couch & table in our room, which worked out well because we stayed in and ate pizza. I was surprised to find a washer & dryer on site which turned out to be a life saver. We had some cold weather while in Denver and Estes Park and did not bring enough warm clothes, so I was able to do my laundry. The staff were very nice and the breakfast was good, waffles, yogurt and fresh fruit. Plenty to choose from. I was only there for 1 night but it was very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I'm retired and have asthma. I need a clean room. This room was a little dusty but after cleaning it up I felt very comfortable. Bed was clean, bathroom was clean. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We just returned form a weeks stay @ the Comfort Inn South. The hotel's location was a little confusing @ first, you need to look behind the restaurants, as it is not on Lake Ave. directly. We had a king size room with micro/fridge as requested. The room was fine, and very clean upon arrival. A/C worked well & bed was quite comfortable. Continental breakfast in lobby area was quite adequate. The cleanliness issues described in other posts, I believe may be related to which housekeeping person is assigned to the room. We had 2 different housekeeping persons during our stay. It appeared that one just made the bed and changed out the towels, even though we left an empty tissue holder out for her to see. The other actually cleaned the room and bathroom in addition to making the bed and replenishing toiletries, tissues, and towels. This hotel is convenient to I 25 and there are several restaurants closeby, and a shopping center accross the street.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I saw reviews on Trip Advisor and picked this hotel. I appreciated the comments people take time to give so thought it was time for me to start contributing comments. This Comfort Inn was a great place for the first night of our vacation with our teenage girls. Views of the Rockies, very nice lobby, room clean and nice, felt like a place you wanted to stay. Pool area was very pretty, again, with views of the mountains as I swam laps that I haven't had time to do yet this summer till this vacation. Only issue was that the alarm clock went off at 5:00a.m. Would recommend that you check any hotel alarm before you go to sleep. Breakfast was standard Comfort Inn breakfast - however, the sausage gravy for the biscuits was really good. It was a little pricy at $118 with tax and all, but glad we spent the extra bucks.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 February 2008

While traveling from Rapid City to Tucson, I decided to stay at this property, as I knew it previously as the Hampton Inn which was a very nice, clean and comfortable property. Upon first appearance of the lobby, it still had that nice clean fel to it. But upon my arrival to my room all had changed. First the odor - it smelt like a meth lab! The fan was blowing, so I pulled out the filters and they were caked with dirt, dust and almost anything else you could find. I left them out in hopes of clearing the terrible smell in the room, which after time it did. I had to ustilize the bathroom and noticed what appeared to be a streak of rust in the toilet bowl. But when I flushed the toilet bowl, the rust washed away - as it was not rust it was feces from someone elses previous use of the room!! The following morning while preparing for my shower, I pulled the shower curtain closed. Stuck to the shower curtain was dried snot!! As I sttod in the shower, water began to build up in the bottom of the tub. Thinking I had not opened the shower drain, I bent down and infact the shower drain was wide open. Before my shower was over I was standing in about 4" of water due to poor drainage. After getting out of the shower, I looked down at the tiled floor. I do expect to see some wear and stains in the grout, but the grout was black from build up of just crud! I must say i was thouroughly disgusted with the cleanliness of the room. When I reported it to the desk clerk, and older grey haired man - he didn't say a word, sort of snickered and that was his response!! So I completed a comment card indicating the problems I had encountered and asked the clerk to make sure he had the GM see my comments. He reached over and put it in a box mared comments not taking my request or my concerns serious. I am not sure what happened to the Hampton Inn - but I can asure you i won't be returning to this Comfort Inn ever again.

Stayed: February 2008