We were staying at this hotel for a skating event being held at World Arena. This hotel is within easy walking distance (10-12 minutes) of the Arena. It is also near shopping (Target plus more), quick restaurants (Chilies, Bagels, and Subway) etc....Many directly across the street, but you are crossing a medium busy road without a cross walk nearby - manageable, but you need to be careful.
The hotel itself is large and offers many amenities, which makes it easy if you are a group and do not want to rely on renting cars. We stayed four nights and most of the families with us did not have a car and got along just fine with everything that was located at the hotel or close by.
The building is somewhat dated, but they keep it clean. The rooms are between average size to large. The doubles all have queens. We had a king with a queen sofa bed with plenty of room to spread out. The counter space outside of the bathroom makes it easier to share the bathroom. Water in the shower fluctuated in pressure, but not in temperature. The towels were surprising large and plush an unexpected bonus. The room lighting was too dark even with all of the lights on. The only outlet near the beds is behind them. In this day EVERY hotel should have outlets on the nightstand. Wifi throughout the hotel worked sufficiently and was easy to log into.
The fitness center was well equipped with different types of cardio machines with individual entertainment units. There were a few extra weight machines, a set of medicine balls and a few dumbbells. Plenty of floor space for stretching and other exercises.
We only used the restaurant for breakfast which was decent. We ordered off the menu and also had the buffet during our stay, both were satisfactory. This is the only place in the hotel where the service was very slow (all days), but still friendly. Had to track down drink refills and the check every time.
The front desk staff was amazing! So friendly and so accommodating. They bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. They offered suggestions and logistical information. We had a plumbing problem during our stay and they fixed it within 10 minutes of calling.
...and the cookies - warm and delicious!
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be close to World Arena or just planning to be in the Colorado Springs area - very convenient and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the DoubleTree by Hilton Colorado Springs your first stop when traveling to Colorado. Our Colorado Springs hotel is just off of I-25 and offers a complimentary shuttle to the Colorado Springs Airport. Walk to the World Arena Event Center just two blocks from the hotel. With scenic Colorado Rocky Mountain views of Pikes Peak and Cheyenne Mountain, our hotel is the perfect place to relax for both business and leisure travelers. Walk into the warm ambiance of our newly renovated Colorado Springs hotel and immediately feel like family as our friendly staff welcomes you with a warm chocolate chip cookie and superior customer service at check-in. During your stay, you can enjoy a convenient, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner in our hotel restaurants, Maxi's Bar and Grille and Atrium Cafe. If you prefer to go out, our ideal location is within walking distance of the restaurants, shopping and a 20-screen theater. Once you return to the hotel from a long day of business or leisure activities, we have plenty of ways to unwind and enjoy yourself. From dancing to a relaxing glass of wine in our new Quiet Wine Bar, heated indoor pool, inviting exterior courtyard, fitness center, and beautiful guest rooms (complete with ultra, high-speed wireless internet access), you're sure to find the perfect setting for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Don't forget to check out our DoubleTree Colorado Springs hotel specials for additional savings. Book one of our packages today, there's one for every budget. Check out all the great activities nearby: • Pikes Peak & the Cog Railway • Cheyenne Mountain Zoo • Seven Falls • Cave of the Winds • Ancient Native American cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs • U.S. Olympic Training Center • "Garden of the Gods" • Royal Gorge You can also enjoy hiking, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, sightseeing, jogging or hot air ballooning in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Doubletree