“Very Worn Out Outdated Room”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Ranked #18 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Upon checking in and entering my room, I immediately noticed how worn out and old looking my room was - carpet, curtains, phones, bedspread, etc. The bedding was piled, worn out, and appeared several years old. The curtains were worn out and very old looking too. I was afraid to sleep in the bed because it looked like the bedding was about 25 years old. I would not want to shower in the bathroom nor walk barefoot on the carpet due to how old & stained it looked. The photos I saw online when booking the room looked much nicer. I am unaware if there are newer updated rooms but my room was in extreme need of newer bedding, carpet, furniture, phone, curtains and major overall updating. The employees were very nice and helpful but the condition of the room was not what I expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nichole G
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear NicholeG - We appreciate your feedback with the recent review you posted about our property. I want to apologize that we didn't meet your expectations during your recent visit & would love the opportunity to speak to you further about what room you were in so that I can inspect the room personally. Our hotel was completed renovated in 2012. The next time you come through the Springs we would love to have a second chance to have you stay with us. Reach out to me personally to make arrangements if this becomes possible in the future. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I thought the facilities were as nice as any I have stayed. The only issue that I had was a very slow drain in the bathtub. The grounds were well kept and the service was outstanding. I was upgraded to a more secluded room to minimize traffic noise. I felt the food at Breakfast was of great quality and there was great selection.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear SteveB - We appreciate the review you recently posted on our property. We always value hearing from our customers to help us provide the best possible service. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us & hope that you will recommend us to your friends & colleagues. We will look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Springs. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel was wonderful. From the moment I walked in until the time I left all of my needs were met. I enjoyed the fresh baked cookies upon my arrival. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful with the area as this was my first trip to Colorado Springs. I would stay and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear PaulB - Thanks so much for taking a few moments to post a review of our property. It sounds as though you had a very enjoyable stay which is our ultimate goal with each of our guests. We are proud to have the amazing staff that we do who really go over & beyond to deliver superior customer service. We hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future & we'll be sure to have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you! Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel staff were excellent and courteous. My room was always taken care of and the breakfast buffet was excellent, including the green chile!. Every time I walked by a staff member of the hotel, I was greeted with a polite hello. The wine bar is a great idea, especially if you'd like to sit and just enjoy a little quiet time and don't want to sit at the lounge bar. The water with lemon and coffee in the lobby were a welcome sight, especially on the days I had to leave before the breakfast hours. I always love staying at the Doubletree, with the added bonis of the warm cookies upon check-in, but the bottle of water was a surprise addition and a great idea, especially for someone adjusting to the altitude and dryer air. Good location right next to Target, restaurants, and movie theater if the awesome mountainous beauty is not enough for you! Recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again if I'm back in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear MeleesaW - We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us recently. That is certainly the report that we want to have with all of our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review as your feedback is very important. We do hope you come back & see us. You know that we will have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you ! Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We loved this hotel! The staff was great and so were the rooms. We loved the mountain view from our room. We especially enjoyed having a balcony so we could step outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. And it was just a ten minute walk to the World Arena.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Thomas L - Thank you for the recent review that you posted on our property. We love hearing from our customers on how much they enjoyed their stay. We agree, the rooms with balconies are nice to enjoy that wonderful Rocky Mountain air! We hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Excellent Hotel! Hotel Staff one of the most courteous and friendly of any Doubletree by Hilton that we have every stayed at. The staff went out of their way to give help. Rooms are clean and spacious. Hotel is conveniently located to multiple attractions and staff was very knowledgeable of area to give accurate suggestions & directions. Would recommend this hotel for anyone on business or pleasure. We will be returning in the summer for more great hospitality and Colorado fun.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear LarryM - Thank you so much for the kind words in the recent review that you posted on our property. We have to agree that we think our hotel is great because of the wonderful staff we have who truly understand how to deliver terrific customer service. We're very happy to hear that you noticed that! We hope the next time that you are in the Springs that we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful- i very much enjoyed my stay. room was clean and comfy. nice location also- plenty of things nearby to do plus a nice view of the mountains on a walk- cookies and shuttle service were excellent

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ChristinaS - We appreciate you taking a few moments to post a review of our property. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests as your feedback is valuable to us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service that we provided & hope that you will come back again. We will always have a warm chocolate chip cookie waiting for you!