DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn South(Colorado Springs)
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center(Colorado Springs)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Colorado Springs South(Colorado Springs)
Very Good 4/5
TravelStar Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)
1,273 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskworld arenawarm cookiesbreakfast buffetlarge hotelmovie theaterwould stay here againfitness centernice stayomeletindoor poolparking lotpikes peaktargetconferencehousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

When we arrived at this hotel, our room we were given first was horrible. The bed was not made, the bathroom was filthy, the room overall smelled horrible. We notified the front desk of the issue, within 5 minutes of our call, the staff upgraded us to a suite and gave us free breakfast, all at no additional charge and they bent over backwards to accommodate the problems. Overall, decent experience, I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear JeffreyS - Thank you for the review you posted on your recent stay with us. We are so sorry to hear about your first impression of the hotel but certainly pleased that we made a good recovery of the situation. A good recovery is certainly key when it comes to good customer service. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Springs. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We wanted to like this hotel so much. From check-in, every staff member that we encountered was pleasant, professional and helpful. The cookies were warm and chewy. The check-in was fast (the Honors lane is handy) The breakfast attendant (I'm pretty sure her name was Diane) was so funny and fast. The choices at breakfast were good and loved the addition of green chile.
That being said, there were so many things that we ran into that we did not like, there is no way that we would come back. I'll just run down a list since I'm not the best narrative writer.
- There is a distinct odor in the whole hotel. It's just funky/stale. It also seemed to be worse when the elevators opened on the honors floor (4).
-There were some pubic hairs in the corner of our bathroom by the shower. We left them to see if the maid would get them the next day......nope. Photo below.
-The shower has serious mold/mildew issues. Photo below.
-The counter in the bathroom is detaching from it's "skirt". Photo below
-We were on the Lake ave side of the hotel and the noise level is crazy loud. I think people must drag race from that intersection. Not that the hotel is at fault, but maybe a better sliding door would help with that issue? The balcony is nice, but maybe a couple of chairs out there would be nice.
-In the lobby area, there was a broken piece of molding with nails sticking out. Kind of dangerous. Photo attached.
-The beds are ridiculously soft and the pillows were all very thin. One partner couldn't move without displacing the other.
-The hot tub was drained and had caution tape all around it. Must be getting worked on. Would have been nice to know that at check in maybe so someone wouldn't get their swimsuit on and make the very LONG trek down to the pool/work out area only to be very disappointed.

As an end note and another praise of the service here. On our last morning, water started dripping from the ceiling in our bathroom and down the wall. I looked up and a huge bubble had formed and it was clear that something above was leaking. We called the front desk and 2 people were up almost immediately. We were checking out, so don't know what ended up happpening, but I'm guessing the bathroom in the room above us was flooding. Oh no! Had we been staying, I'm sure we would have been moved immediately and taken care of.

Room Tip: If you have any trouble walking, make sure and ask for a room close to the front. This hotel is large and round so some rooms are quite a distance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrananMike
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear BrananMike - First of all, thank you very much for taking a few moments to post a review of our property. Getting feedback from our customers is very valuable to us. Secondly, we are so sorry to hear that we didn't measure up to your expectations with the issues that you had with your room. I would like to look in to this further if you could contact me personally to let me know what room you stayed in so that I could have our Executive Housekeeper as well as our Chief Engineer thoroughly inspect this room so that we can address these issues. You can email me at ssheeran@coloradospringsdoubletree.com. We do thank you for bringing it to our attention as well as your complimentary comments about our service. I do want to invite you back to give us another chance & to allow me to make your arrangements personally. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant. Room was clean and a nice size. Easy access to highway, close to Broadmoor area, Manitou Springs and Garden of the Gods about 10-15 minutes away. The property is pretty spread out. I would visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Sherri S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear lauraindy - We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently & that you took a few moments to post a review. Thanks for mentioning that we have a convenient location so it's quite easy to get to all the major attractions that Colorado Springs has to offer. We are proud of our property & the great staff we have so we will look forward to you coming back & visiting us. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The room was very spacious and clean. They gave me the option of which floor I wanted so I asked for the top floor. Overall it was very quite. A little trouble with noisey guests on the first night but the other 4-nights there was no noise. Housekeeping did an excellent job as the room was spotless.

There were two things that stood out about this place to me: first, the view. You walk out the front door and the Rockies and Pike's Peak are right there. Every morning made for a great display walking out of the hotel. Second, the service of their staff. It seemed to be a product of the environment, as the people of Colorado Springs as a whole are incredibly nice, but the staff was just very welcoming, helpful, warm, friendly. All of them! They were wonderful from the time I checked in till the time I checked out (and then went back in because I had left me jacket in my room). Overall it was a great place. I didn't explore the facilities as much as I would have liked but they seem to have a lot of features for convention, pool, fitness room, etc...

Overall an great stay. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The limited Starbucks is a little odd. There isn't a Starbucks so to speak. There was a women sitting in an office near the kitchen area. I asked her if she could make me something and she did. It was very good and she was very nice but there isn't a place you can easily identify in the lobby as being the "Starbucks"
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear butterfieldmk - Thanks so much for the kind words you posted regarding your recent stay with us. We really appreciate that as we are proud of the terrific staff that we have who truly understand what superior customer service means. They work so hard each & every day to go over & beyond their call of duty. Thanks again for the review & we do hope you come back & visit us!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel was well appointed and confortable. The buffet breakfst at the restaurant was very good. The hotel was spread out over 5 levels which took some getting used to but was not a major impediment. The meeting facitlities were good. The food service was good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear ThomasS - We appreciate the review you posted on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay during the convention that you attended. Hearing from our customers is very valuable to us as it assures us that the service that we provide is top notch. We do hope that you visit us again in the near future. Thanks again!