“Yuck!”

Ranked #79 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

On the outside, the Days Inn looks okay. Once you get to the lobby, everything just kinda falls apart from there. The lobby WREAKED of cigarette smoke. Maybe the hotel was once an okay place to smoke, I don't know. The front desk person was alright. We went upstairs to our room when things got worse. The room smelt heavily of cleaning product and other chemicals. Maybe they were working on the huge stain in the middle of the carpet? The walls were also gross, with streaks of something nasty, not sure what. The room was missing a mini-fridge as well. And after using the bathroom after my girlfriend, I noticed a dark, long hair in the towel. My girlfriend is a short haired blonde. After making an easy decision, we decided to switch hotels. Don't let these good reviews trick you, some are even fake!

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aaron P
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write our hotel a review. We are very sorry to hear about you stay. We have looked into your concerns. Please do give our hotel another chance on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Well, my wife and I were visiting our son and his family in Colorado Springs, I chose this hotel thinking it was close to our sons house, but I was mistaken. The hotel greeted us with a half dozen smokers just outside the front door. They were all very polite and held the door for us, but when we got inside I was disappointed with the number of handy cap accessible rooms they had available. we did get to choose one on the main floor, but no assist handles any where in the rooms bathroom. After our first night there I found that the mattress in our room had a big cut in the side of it. I took a pic and still can't believe it! Overall all the place was clean, the towels were small, the pool was good, the breakfast was sparse and we decided that we won't stay there again.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pieter W
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We definitely took a look at your concerns. I do hope you give our hotel another chance.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was not impressed with this place. Blankets and towels were dirty when first arrived. Housekeeping was not detail oriented and the girls at the front desk had no customer service skills. The last night of my stay I got a knock on the door about a noise complaint and my keycard didnt work for pool. I will not stay here again. Oh and the cable was a few channels with a remote that didnt work

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Scott A
super8-07246, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. We will make sure that we will bring this up to our housekeeping department. Again, please accept our sincere apology and hope you give us another chance.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This branch of the otherwise reputable Days Inn chain uses bait and switch tactics, and does not honor reservations or rates made on the corporate website. I received a confrimed, non-cancellable reservation from the Wyndham website, only to be refused by the on-duty staff at check-in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mth_man
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our place. It always helps us improve our customer service for all our guests. We do honor rates on our website that are confirmed reservations. All guests are welcome to call our hotel directly to request anything special for their stay. Sorry this cost you any inconvience, hope you give us another chance.