“Basic accommodation, suitable for families and pets”

Residence Inn Colorado Springs South
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here on business for 10 days. Rooms are a good size, but carpets very stained and curtains dirty. Many other guests had large dogs in the hotel - perhaps that is the reason for the stains. Situated in a good area, there are nice views of the mountains from the back rooms. Staff are helpful. An outside area with a fireplace is a good place to meet other travellers. The food is vey basic and plastic cutlery and paper plates, cups etc really lowers the quality experience of what I would expect from a Marriott property. In my view, a few improvements needed to lift the quality of this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain facing room as the road facing are noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This place is great! me & my boyfriend spent several weekend getaways here. It has every feature that an apartment or studio would have. Even had the small things like silverware, napkins, dishes, dish soap, pots & pans, the whole works. Its very pricey but worth it if u have the funds. Rooms were perfect. very modern, well decorated & CLEAN. great Lil mini hair products like paul Mitchell & Nice body size mirrors. Staff was great & always kind. Housekeeping always spoke & smiled. Breakfast was Nice, some hot foods some cold but Nice hotel variety. Pool is Nice as well. Best part was the fire pit, its self operated & relaxing. Great for winding down or sharing the evening with a lover. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Beyond great.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here for 8 days during early June. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Special shout out to Dan, Lesley and Michelle for their hospitality. The included food was good and the wi-fi had good speed (even though we were at the far end of the building).

Room Tip: The rooms on the east end of the building may get noise from I-25 traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I reserved a 2 room suite for myself, my wife and 2 grown daughters and young grandson. I was pleased to have individual bathrooms for each suite and the common living area/dining/kitchen room was comfortable and well-stocked. But in this review I want to recognize the exceptional level of friendly contact from the staff, particularly the night clerk. Without seeming intrusive, upon check in she engaged me in friendly conversation and learned that we were in town to celebrate a birthday. I We stepped out for dinner, and when we returned, she had individual wines and a personalized birthday card waiting on the dining table in our room.

The room was very clean and stocked, everything worked. The electric fireplace added a nice ambience to the room. We utilized the refrigerator and microwave. The fully stocked kitchen cabinets almost made me want to spend a couple of extra days, just to enjoy all that the room had to offer!

In previous stays in Colorado Springs I've stayed closer to the airport; but I believe in the future I may drive the extra 5-10 minutes and stay here. I was that happy with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Met all of my expectations for a Residence Inn - size / quality /cleanliness of rooms, buffet breakfast and a small fitness center. I was there to help my son to relocate to Fort Carson; this was a very convenient location to do that. This is also a great location if you are going to the World Arena or to USA Hockey.

The Hotel is very close to several restaurants, as well several retail strips.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Everything was great here. We like Residence Inns when traveling with family so we can get a two bedroom suite, put the kids to bed and hang out. All the employees we came across provided great customer service! We chose this hotel due to it's proximity to both the Cheyene Mountain Zoo and downtown, and the pool. We checked in a week before we arrived and were told the pool was in tip top shape. Upon checkin in we were told the pool had been upgraded with new controls and may be cold. it was freezing! We were told we could go across the street to the Fairfield Inn to use thier pool, but once we got over there it was drained. Nothing against this hotel, yes maybe a bit dated, but still very nice, but had we known the pool would be out we would not have stayed here. Otherwise I'm sure all who stay here will have a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The rooms at this location are perfect.
They are clean, nice TVs and fireplace, full kitchen, dishwasher, etc.

Its the Homewood Suites of the Marriott Chain.
GREAT Location, next to carrabas and buffalo wild wings and plenty of places to eat.

Didn't try the room service, but that's a cool feature!

Try this place for the location, stay for the free food M-W and the service!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business