“Great Service”

Ranked #47 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“Great Service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Staff was excellent during my stay here at Residence Inn. I felt very welcomed and comfortable as soon as I walked in. Very friendly managment and front staff! Its close to the downtown and many great restaurants. My room was very clean, compaired to most places I have visited (and I travel quite often) Breakfast was also why I chose five starts on this rating. The morning staff was very energetic and kept the buffet full and fresh. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Studio fit perfect for me, not too small nor too big.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tonia M, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I am glad your room was clean and comfortable and your breakfast was enjoyable. We strive hard to make sure we provide an excellent stay for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

After making my reservation about four weeks in advance (Gold Marriott Status) and requested top floor on my reservation, when I called the Hotel the afternoon of my arrival to get directions the Clerk informed me that I would need to stay at the Fairfield Inn next door for first night because of a problem with my room. If I had not called ahead they would not have told me until I walked in. Sarah at Fairfield was very nice and helpful.
After hassle of unpacking night of arrival and then packing back up next morning, I then checked into Residence Inn but they still did not have a room for me on top floor and the entire stay was miserable because of the constant noise above our room which started early and continued until late at night. Internet was constantly being disrupted. There appears to be NO insulation between the walls or floors. Twice we asked Front Desk to get the above room to be quieter but they said they went up and didn't hear anything and thought no one was in that room. After two nights, I cut my stay and switched hotels. Hotel Manager did not reduce my rate. Breakfast about same as Fairfield. Lobby was furnished nicely but if you want any rest, insist on top floor or go to the Fairfield Inn next door. They are much nicer.

Room Tip: Insist on top floor. Otherwise because the walls/floor are so thin, you will not be able to rest du...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank worldtravelerprof
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We arrived here On February the 6th, 2014. Our check in went smooth. Since our stay here all the Staff have been so helpful with any our our concerns immediately. For instance one day the hair dryer in the room did not work. I came to the front desk & the clerk on duty called the Maintence man & within 10 minutes he was in my room. What had happened is the little circuit breaker on the wall had tripped & he reset it. I would like to Comment on the all the staff here at the Residence Inn. They are very helpful & very courteous. And very freindly. Just like to mention one. Mr. Damon Allen. He works in the morning for the Breakfast wait staff. He is always so Kind & courteous. He is very knowledgeable on his Job. And does very well. He always asks myself how I'm I doing??? How is your day going??? And after I am done eating, he always asks me if their is anything else I would like before he breaks down the Breakfast items. His friendly smile is always a welcome to my Mornings here. We will close on our home on the 28th of March, but will stay here in the Residence Inn until the 3rd of April. I would like to recommend Mr. Damon Allen for some kind of an award for his hard work. He is very Knoweledgeable, friendly & courteous. He always talks to the other Guests also, asks them how their day is going & if he can get anything else for them. He is so Kind to others I would hate to see his excellent mannerisums & his generous help & his Kindness go unnoticed. Our stay has been excellent, & will enjoy coming back again. The food is excellent in the Mornings & in the evenings when they serve dinner here Monday - Wednesday. Thank You very your Kindness Mrs. Patricia E. Miera, room 119.

Room Tip: Our stay on the 1st Floor was most excellent
Green Features: Your stay here at the residence Inn will be an enjoyable one. All the staff here are so friendly & courteous & will help you any time you need assistance
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs South. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Damon was so kind to you during your stay. He is one of our shining stars and we are so lucky to have him as one of our associates.
I am glad your stay was excellent and we look forward to serving you again when you return.
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel is clean with a friendly staff. Had a "studio" room which was really small, hence the name "studio". Walls EXTREMELY thin, you can hear everything going on in the room next to you. When their alarm goes off, expect to be awakened as if it is in your room. Breakfast average Marriott fare, but they need to stay on top of keeping the items from being empty. Not my best Marriott experience. From a Platinum Marriott member.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CorporatePilot62
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay was not as you expected. I appreciate your feedback concerning breakfast, I have made sure I shared it with our team. I am glad however, that our staff was friendly and helpful. I hope that we will be able to correct or mistakes for your future stays.
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was an awesome stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel common areas and facilities were clean and well kept. My room was clean and comfortable with a perfect amount of space in the studio apartment.

The staff was very hard working and always in action. Floors being vacuumed, mopped, counters wiped constantly. The breakfast was great with a good selection of hot/cold cereals, eggs, breakfast meats, fruit, yogurt, waffles, muffins and breads. The staff was attentive to the cleanliness and upkeep of the food supply. Evening food service was much more than I expected and served as a full meal for me on the nights it was served. Excellent experience and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Second floor seemed to get a lot of noise from creaking floors above. I would recommend a first or...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy our evening social and that the staff was accommodating to you. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Could not have asked for a better stay. The staff clearly focused on the guest/customer and overall this property offered everything we needed and wanted. The rooms were very spacious and laid out very well and the kitchen offered the same ammenities of home. I highly reccomend this establishment and will only stay here when returning to the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words, we appreciate all of your positive feedback. We enjoyed having you stay with us, hope we can see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have been coming to this Residence Inn for at least ten years, and, I'm sorry to say, it has gone way downhill in the last couple of years. This is not the fault of any of the employees...it is a corporate issue.
1) The hot tub has been removed, so that takes some of the fun out of swimming.
2) The furniture and beds in the rooms are not comfortable anymore, and really need to be replaced. King size beds need to be added to at least some of the rooms.
3) Breakfast is mostly inedible. When we first started staying here, the breakfast was really enjoyable every day. Daniel, the breakfast chef, did an amazing job of not only making the food incredibly tasty, but also making it visually appealing. Daniel still does the best he can, but what can he do with eggs from a bag and sausage made from brown fat? If Marriott can't do better than this, then they just need to stop having breakfast.
I guess we'll be parting ways with this property. It's sad to see it fall........... It was one of our very favorite places.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family