Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #52 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Salt Lake City, Utah
“O.k.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel was o.k. I booked it on Hotwire for about half the regular rate, had I paid the regular rates, I would have been upset. The employees all seemed nice. When I asked for a room away from the elevator, because I had read that they disturbed people (and I have a 3 yr old and 3 month old) she gave me a funny look and her response made me feel embarrassed for asking anything additional. By the comments made about the price I got for the room, I felt like they thought, I should take what I got and not expect very much and was punished for getting the deal. After loading my kids to the room, we had to go back to the front desk because the pillows had long dark hair on them. They sent a nice woman into change them, but those had even more hair on them. I saw a vacuum in the hallway by the housekeeping cart and considered asking to borrow it, because it obviously had not been used in our room for long time. Although our window was to the west, you couldn't see the mountains or anything just the construction going on to add a pool. Even with the Hotwire deal, I wouldn't stay there again until they finish the pool at least. But for the regular rate... there is Holiday Inn next door I would look into.

Room Tip: A room on the west side might have a view of the mountains, but you would probably have to be on the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear mountaintrekker1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies over the unsatisfactory service you received at check-in and over the cleanliness of the sheets. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is the second time my group and I have used this hotel in Colorado Springs and it was the same excellent experience as the first time. I've looked at the other reviews here and wonder if we are talking about the same hotel! Lauren, the new manager, is very outgoing, friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff follow her lead in being welcoming and helpful. There IS renovation going on in putting in a new pool, upgrading the lobby and breakfast areas and some hallways but that didn't impede us in any way nor was there excessive dust or dirt. New TVs were being installed throughout the common areas and even the workmen were polite and thoughtful. We would definitely stay there again. The rooms were clean and plenty of room. The bathrooms were clean and sparkling. The breakfast was plentiful. And the staff was great.

Room Tip: There are suites available with balconies and sitting areas that would probably benefit a larger gro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you, for your wonderful comments. It is awesome guest like you that make us so happy.
Thank you for staying with us again. We have had so many improvements and upgrades. We completed the new indoor pool and hot tub along with a out door patio and gathering deck.
New breakfast bar, Fitness center and A fresh contemporary lobby. Come stay with us again and stay smart.
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I don't know about some of these other reviews, but I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express a number of times and each time have been very pleased. Yes, they're undergoing renovation to put in a pool, but it didn't impact my stay at all. Lisa at the Front Desk, and Sharon, the Manager were awesome! My 93 year old mother was staying here and I was concerned about how I was going to get her a wheelchair since we were limited with time. Sharon and Lisa arranged it all and I couldn't have been happier. Our party had 3 rooms and they were very comfortable as usual, and the bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast was always incredibly prepared and full of all kinds of items. Every day we'd hear someone come by our rooms and ask if everything was OK. The service here is wonderful and I'm looking forward to coming back when they have a beautiful pool. As a result of having a great experience here I always look for a HI Express when we travel. I'd give this hotel a 10 if I could.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Pike's Peak.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and you sincere comments. We are always very happy to help in any way we can. I just wanted to tell you about all the changes we have made. There are changes everywhere, new signage, new pool and hot tub, new breakfast bar, new fitness center, new contemporary lobby. However, we kept, what you love the most, a comfortable retreat for a relaxing night's sleep and a generous complimentary Express Start Breakfast to get you day started with a nutritious meal. Come stay with us and stay smart!
Maryville, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed in a double bed room with 2 friends for two nights. The room is tiny, hardly any room for our bags. Bathroom is decent and clean. I'm not going to dwell on the major renovation going on here, but I was not impressed. The front desk was at the back of the hotel and many times the front desk staff was making personal phone calls or smoking outside rather than manning the desk/phone. The breakfast is being held in a small room which is musty and does not have AC running. Not so inviting. I would not stay here again. Also, the hotel is in a sketchy part of CO Springs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JohnandCourtney316
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear JohnandCourtney316,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the renovation going on which affected your stay negatively. We also apologize for the service you received fell below your expectations and our breakfast area and location of our hotel was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Coquille, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Arrived to find that this hotel is under major renovation which was not disclosed when booking. The room we were given was next to the elevator which had open walls in the machinery room. All day and night we heard the noise of the hydraulic pumps and motors running every time someone rode the elevator. Much of the facility was blocked for construction. Several fire & smoke detectors were covered with plastic and inoperable. Areas like the exercise area and the dining area were not available or else dirty, unkept and cramped. Poorly maintained, the whole place looked like a tenement. Unfortunately, the reservation was "non-refundable" and we would be charged the entire amount is we cancelled or changed our reservation. Pathetic. Stay away from Holiday Inn and especially Bookings.com. Complete rip-offs.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else in the Colorado Springs area to stay, but DO NOT go to Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Satdiver
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Satdiver,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience the ongoing construction has caused you and for the discomforts the noise from the elevator has brought you.

Thank you for your comments. We hope that you give us another opportunity and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our product and in our award-winning service.

Dhan M
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

This hotel is currently under construction and right next to a Holiday Inn. Don't get confused. We arrived after dark and noticed a hotel with boarded up windows and missed a white sign that said "check in in the back of hotel". There were no signs to really tell us it was the Holiday Inn Express aside from the one at the street where you turned into both hotels so we went to the Holiday Inn next door and they cleared it up for us. We noticed a small lit sign that said Holiday Inn Express pointing to the fenced up construction area on the way back over. Due to the construction area, parking later in the evening was tight. I meant to ask about how long construction would be going on to inform future guests but forgot. The check in was easy and our room was nice but small. The bed was comfy. The door to room 207 needed greased as we heard them every time they, (it was a family with children and they were with a family across the hall), opened their door. I informed the clerk of this at checkout. The breakfast was OK. There was no coffee when I went to breakfast. The breakfast room has a door, (temp for construction?) which made it difficult to get my husbands food back to the room with full hands. I did notice while having breakfast that there was some construction noise going on. It was 8:30 on a Sunday morning. I only hope they didn't have people in rooms on that side of the hotel.
We stayed in this hotel because we visited one of our favorite breweries in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Brewery, and the hotels at the airport at the closest we can get. The hotels in the area are really all or nothing. You definitely pay for a good nights sleep. I found it odd that this hotel was under construction because I thought it was fairly new. There is nothing within walking distance to the hotel.

Room Tip: I'd currently suggest a room on the opposite side of the construction setup. But once that is go...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Monica L,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent efforts to improve the quality of our facilities and service. I sincerely apologize for the room amenities you encountered on your stay and for the inconvenience you suffered while the construction was going on as well as the hotel access. Please be informed that this unfortunate incident is definitely not the norm of our hotel. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance and show the improvements made.

Zelyn N
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stay one night before a flight out of Colorado Springs. The first room I received smell like smoke. (This is a smoke free hotel.) Was told they might not nave another room available. Told them I might not be staying. After checking the computer a few minutes a room was found. 2nd room was a lot better They are renovation this hotel currently. But this had no affect on the stay. Ask the front desk if they knew of a local Mexican restaurant. Said Colorado Springs only has chain restaurants. Not really known for family restaurants. Ended up at Olive Garden. I'm sure the Chamber of Commence would love to hear that response.
OK for one night, not really longer. Great hotel if your flying out of the Colorado Springs Airport (5 minute Drive) and you like to eat at chain restaurants. One more item I prepaid for my room but the clerk ran my card again Had to make sure that the charges were reversed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Colo01,

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. I share your disappointment with the less than satisfactory service level you received and experienced from our staff. This is a core element of our product and I feel sure we generally deliver to a much higher standard. Please be assured that our team will follow up with the service aspects to ensure we learn from your feedback.

I am grateful to you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B