“MOST UNCOMFORTABLE ROOM EVER”

Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Never in all my travels have I stayed in a room where you had to sit on the bed to watch TV. Could not move from one end of the room to the other without renning into the desk chair. The pillows were the size of a small throw pillow and very uncomfortable.

Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. the staff was friendly and the room was very clean.

Since I do a lot of travel, I was able to get three of our four nights free which made the overall charge about what it should be for such a small room.

Room Tip: See the room before you check in
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Thewondererca,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you found our hotel staff friendly and that you liked our complimentary breakfast.

However, it is unfortunate to know that you were not fully satisfied with our facility, particularly with your room accommodation. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider improvements where needed.

I hope you give us the chance to host you again in the future and give you the best hotel experience that we could offer.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Spent several nights here while in town house hunting. All the staff was very friendly and always greeted us. The room was very cramped with 2 queen beds, a chair, refrigerator, desk with chair, and dresser. Bathroom was just as cramped. Felt like a motorhome bathroom with the angled sink. Luckily the pancake maker arrived half way through our stay, so breakfast had more variety. All our needs were met, and would probably check in again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

After staying at the Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, I will surely stay at this property again when I am in Colorado Springs. It appears that the hotel has been recently renovated, so all the furniture and fixtures are in great condition. The bed was very comfortable and I got a better night's sleep than I had anticipated (I always have a hard time sleeping in a new place the first night). The only inconvenience I experienced was a lack of free/ accessible power outlets in the room, but that is a minor problem and had no negative impact on my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Peggy H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay! I am grateful to have wonderful guests like you that are faithful to our Holiday Inn Express brand. The next time you are in town, stay with us and stop by the front desk and say hello. And as always, thank you for Staying Smart!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a mid-level property. VERY cheap on Hotwire. They do have a decent free breakfast, but the rooms are pretty small. If you are sitting at the desk, it's almost impossible for someone to walk behind you. The staff is VERY accommodating. If you like a bed that it hard as a rock with a lumpy mattress pad, then you will be happy. The pillows also seemed like they needed replacing. There is a NICE larger refrig in the room. Free cookies at the front desk, which is a nice touch. Marginal work out room. 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike, and some sort of stair stepper that didn't work. The indoor pool is nice if you want that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear hummergirlTempe_Az,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I'm pleased you liked your overall stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the sleeping accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 February 2014

From the minute I checked in to me checking out, I was treated like I was family. The Front Desk folks were friendly and helpful. The sweet lady that was in charge of the breakfast was excellent. Everyone I dealt with was courteous and professional. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that visits Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you, for taking the time to describe your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Airport Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are so glad you wrote a review for us. It was a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you appreciated our friendly staff and our fantastic Express Start Breakfast Bar. Barbara our breakfast bar attendant was so tickled when I told her about your wonderful compliments. We think she is a sweet lady too! Your know she has worked for Holiday Inn Express Family for 12 years now. and now you are a part of our family too! So next time you are in town Scott, Come on home to the Holiday Inn Express Airport and Stay Smart!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is my fourth stay at this hotel, each a year or two apart. My last stay was in December 2012. I continue to return here because of the warm and friendly staff. Having been 13 months since my last visit, they all recognized me from my previous visit, which was surprising and refreshing. Lisa and Jackie helped me get settled in and when I was under the weather (cold or bronchitis) the staff offered to get medicine, food, or beverage, should I have needed it. Barbara's friendly smile greets you each morning at breakfast and she ensures your nutrition needs are met. They treat you like family and it is greatly appreciiated! The addition of the indoor pool and whirlpool bath is another welcome benefit. Thanks so much for your awesome hospitality, I look forward to the next visit! Victor R.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms provide a beautiful view of Pike's Peak and the top of the Garden of the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

We are so glad you have enjoyed staying with us. I agree Lisa and Jackie always give our guest a worm welcome. And Barbara is like a mother to us all. So it is so fitting that she is the Breakfast Bar hostess. We can not wait to see you again. Our staff works hard to provide excellent service to everyone. We you come back you will see our brand new Pool and hot tub! We have also remodeled the breakfast bar, fitness center and meeting room. Please stop by the front desk and ask for me Sharon , so I can thank you in person. Thank you, again for your kind words.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

The staff was so friendly and helpful, check-in was wonderful, the breakfast bar was great. The room was very clean. Our experience in this Holiday Inn Express was fabulous. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family at would be staying in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hello Sandra, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in December. The Holidays are about family and we want you to think of us as your extended family here at the Holiday Inn Express Airport, Colorado Springs, Colorado. It is always a joy to hear that our guest had a fantastic time here. As IHG rewards member you already know about the awesome things that are happening with IHG rewards. Upon your return you will have a choice of welcome amenities, either you can choose the welcome amenity goodie bag or as a Gold Member you will receive 300 IHG rewards point. On behave of my team. We would like to thank you again for your kind words.