“Not a great experience. Won't stay here again.”

Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was checked into a room and it was not what I expected. Hair on the sink and toilet. Gross. The room felt stuffy and didn't smell fresh. It was late and I just wanted to go to bed at this point. The bed was uncomfortable and hard so it wasn't easy to fall asleep. After all the tossing and turning and finally drifting to sleep the loud air conditioner would wake me up. Toss, Turn, Loud A/C all night long. Breakfast was tasteless and the coffee wasn't great either. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience, particularly the room condition. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can't review the property, because we didn't stay here. Through a mix-up in communication with other family members, I booked this hotel by mistake. Sharon C. went above and beyond to get us a refund, even though we had booked through an Internet travel sight. I was a bit frantic, but Sharon handled everything with calmness and professionalism. She processed our refund immediately and sent us on our way to be with family.
Sharon, thank you so much. Hope you got the flowers we sent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our 5 state 10 day road trip. Property is located near the airport. You need to drive a few miles to access restaurants, shopping, etc. Rooms are dated in their appearance and small. Difficult to walk between the beds/desk/etc. Bathroom showers could use updating. Refrigerator and microwave provided in room but ice is available only on 2nd floor. Breakfast choices were great. Most memorable feature of this hotel is that desk staff are extremely helpful and friendly in providing recommendations and directions.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear BoydChicks,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Never in all my travels have I stayed in a room where you had to sit on the bed to watch TV. Could not move from one end of the room to the other without renning into the desk chair. The pillows were the size of a small throw pillow and very uncomfortable.

Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. the staff was friendly and the room was very clean.

Since I do a lot of travel, I was able to get three of our four nights free which made the overall charge about what it should be for such a small room.

Room Tip: See the room before you check in

Dear Thewondererca,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you found our hotel staff friendly and that you liked our complimentary breakfast.

However, it is unfortunate to know that you were not fully satisfied with our facility, particularly with your room accommodation. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider improvements where needed.

I hope you give us the chance to host you again in the future and give you the best hotel experience that we could offer.

Faith R

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Spent several nights here while in town house hunting. All the staff was very friendly and always greeted us. The room was very cramped with 2 queen beds, a chair, refrigerator, desk with chair, and dresser. Bathroom was just as cramped. Felt like a motorhome bathroom with the angled sink. Luckily the pancake maker arrived half way through our stay, so breakfast had more variety. All our needs were met, and would probably check in again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

After staying at the Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, I will surely stay at this property again when I am in Colorado Springs. It appears that the hotel has been recently renovated, so all the furniture and fixtures are in great condition. The bed was very comfortable and I got a better night's sleep than I had anticipated (I always have a hard time sleeping in a new place the first night). The only inconvenience I experienced was a lack of free/ accessible power outlets in the room, but that is a minor problem and had no negative impact on my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
sharon c, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Peggy H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay! I am grateful to have wonderful guests like you that are faithful to our Holiday Inn Express brand. The next time you are in town, stay with us and stop by the front desk and say hello. And as always, thank you for Staying Smart!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a mid-level property. VERY cheap on Hotwire. They do have a decent free breakfast, but the rooms are pretty small. If you are sitting at the desk, it's almost impossible for someone to walk behind you. The staff is VERY accommodating. If you like a bed that it hard as a rock with a lumpy mattress pad, then you will be happy. The pillows also seemed like they needed replacing. There is a NICE larger refrig in the room. Free cookies at the front desk, which is a nice touch. Marginal work out room. 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike, and some sort of stair stepper that didn't work. The indoor pool is nice if you want that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear hummergirlTempe_Az,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I'm pleased you liked your overall stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the sleeping accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W