“Pikes peak view”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs South
Ranked #48 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel was pretty standard but the location was good, the bed was comfy, the staff was friendly. They have a small pool and exercise area. Breakfast was part of the fee, but typical of these hotels. The best perk was a small refrigerator and microwave perfect for leftovers, popcorn, beer, etc. These should be standard everywhere but was one of very few places with these amenities when I was looking for a place to stay in The Springs.
And of course, there was a great view of Pikes Peak (everywhere in Colorado Springs has a great view of Pikes Peak!)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The lady at check in was very nice. Every other time we had a grouchy lady that had not idea about what was around the hotel but we were able to laugh it off. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was pretty good. The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were a little dirtier than I like. It looked like some things had been updated and other hadn't been. The pool was nice for the kids but the hot tub was extremely hot but after a long day of traveling it was okay for a few minutes. Not sure I'd stay here again with that said the location was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachael0621
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I went to check in the hotel an they had check someone in my room under my information. The young lady said she didn't know what I was going to do because they were over booked. Finally I got a room an when I walked into the bathroom it was nasty. Had to go request the room be cleaned. This hotel needs to be up graded. Wont ever stay again!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed here for one evening in July 2012. We requested a room with 2 queens and we used Marriott points to pay for the room. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, but the room smelled like cigarette smoke. When we asked for a different room the manager offered to upgrade us to a king sized room with a pullout, but because we had our two grandchildren with us the different room configuration didn't work. My 8 year old grandson said "this room is foul smelling". Touche. In this day and age they need to have rooms that smell like smoke professionally cleaned.

Breakfast was crowded but sufficient - the usual cold cereals, waffles, hard boiled egges, ham & cheese breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, muffins, and bagels. The hotel is definitely not a 5 star hotel, but for a quick overnight trip it was fine. The toilet and tub/shower combo is in a separate, very small room.

I'm not sure how much this room would cost if you had to pay for it but it is located in an area with many, many hotel choices. I would only book here again if it was a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't like the smell of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel on points. I had previously been at the Doubletree next door and had two extra nights before flying on to my next destination. On the good side, they let me check in three hours early. The rooms come equipped with both a fridge and a microwave. There are three restaurants all within walking distance; all of which provide takeout as well. Other than a Target, there isn't much other shopping nearby. The downside is that the rooms are small and very noisy. You hear water running and toilets flushing from the rooms beside you. The sink area is outside of the bathroom with no space to put anything. Breakfast is your usual cereal, bagels, muffins. They do not offer a shuttle service. Internet service kept cutting out. I usually stay exclusively at Marriotts but I don't think I'll be staying at their Fairfield properties again. There is also a Residence Inn right beside the Fairfield and it would be worth their while to share some sort of airport shuttle and/or local shuttle service, even within a 5 mile radius of the hotels. Unfortunately, after staying at the Doubletree which provided shuttle service, fresh baked cookies, large rooms, etc. I was really disappointed that I had used up points to move to the Fairfield. It was quite dingy in comparison. I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: If you're booking here, get a room on the third (top) floor and try for a corner room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My family and I reserved a double queen room a few days in advance of our trip. I even indicated on their check-in time that we would be arriving around 11:00pm and when we arrived they did not have the room I reserved. All they had was a single queen which would not work for the 4 of us. They didn't even have a roll away or extra blankets to make a space on the floor. We ended up driving another 45 minutes out of our way just to get a room at a different hotel. I'm not going to trust Fairfield hotels in the future. Also, the pictures online were very deceiving, the hotel looked very old and worn. I would never book this place again.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for the second time. The first time was about 8 months ago and what a difference those months made! The first time it seemed fine but this past weekend's stay was a different experience. The lobby area had a grouping of chairs and they were worn and dirty looking, the bathroom ceiling in our room had many old water spots, the breakfast buffet was out of most things and only got restocked after an attendant finally arrived. All of these little things surprised me as I am a Marriott fan and have never noticed these things at other properties in this chain. Management...take a look at this hotel...it needs some help!
On the plus side, it is in a good location and you can easily walk across the street to Target and several restaurants are within walking distance as well.

Room Tip: Hotel is near the interstate so ask for a room facing away from it if you'd like a quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple