Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West
Ranked #64 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Salida, Colorado
“A real Dump!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Recently stayed in the Extended Stay America Hotel at 4885 S. Quebec St., Greenwood Village, Denver, Co. Initial impression is of shabby, ? cleanliness of rooms, with garbage near stairs to upper level. The sheets are so worn & thin, you can almost see through them! There were small ants crawling all over the floor in the bathroom & the treads in the bathtub were so non-existent that I almost slipped getting into the tub (no grab bars or anything to hang onto)! It had a coffee pot with packet of coffee, but no cream/sugar or other amenities except couple small soaps in Bathroom. The mattress was alsoso very thin & hard. Overall, it was a very bad experience for my AAA discounted fee of $86.50 & I definitely would not recommend it to anyone! I'm hesitant to even stay in another of the Extended Stay facilities in the future!

Room Tip: I can't recommend any rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Carson, Colorado
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This hotel had a few pros and cons. If cleanliness is a top priority to you, this place wasn't bad. The hotel room felt very clean and it was in a good part of town. We felt very safe. Very close to shopping and resturants. The staff was hit or miss. Sometimes we felt like valued customers and sometimes we didnt. There were a few minor problems with the room. The coffee pot was broken and started leaking all over the kitchen counter. They only offered us decaf coffee. The pots and pans were not easy to cook with because they were poor quality. The silverware was all mismatched too, but it didnt really bother us. The bathtub is really small and we felt claustrophobic when it was time to take a bath or shower. The drain plug was also broken so it didnt hold the water very long. Our air conditioner didnt work very well and we could never get our room to the right temperature. The heater smelled terribly and smelled up the whole room. Also, the wifi was terrible and took forever to load anything on the Internet. The tv channel selection was poor and there was only one cartoon channel, which was cartoon network. At night the channel turned into adult swim, which is completely inappropriate for kids. So those were our inconveniences. Not terrible but the hotel wasnt as nice as I hoped for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Alyssa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the accomodations and guest services. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Was treated very well, staff is great.
They went out of their way to acccommodate me.
Had my dog with me and asked for a room near the exit and they put me right where I needed to be.
Room was clean and it was nice to have a kitchen since I stayed for an extended period of time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I just love the Stay America chain. I really needed to cook my food for the next few days of my trip and I was able to do so in the cook top and microwave. The full size fridge was a big plus as well. I got a great rate on the room and stayed for 4 days. The staff was very friendly, helpful and fun. They made me feel very well cared for. I requested a first floor room and that is just what I got. It was clean, roomy and bright. Easy parking and great location, easy to just right on the highway. The grab and go breakfast was nice and always had fruit. The convenient laundry room was great. I will go out of my way to stay at a Stay America when I travel, it is a good value. This is a nice one and has a wonderful staff! I had a good time :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerri G
Thermopolis, Wyoming
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have never stayed at an Extended stay hotel. We were in the Springs for a wedding and needed to stay in a central location. This was the perfect spot. Room was clean, good air conditioning. We did not use the kitchen but it was set up very well. The only thing missing is a hair dryer which anticapated being there so it was a little inconvient. Front desk is staffed with only one receptionist who had to go check to see if our room was ready therefore leaving the front desk uncovered. Gab and go breakfast very limited

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We've stayed at a lot of hotels but have never NOT had free shampoo or a hair dryer in the room (you have to ask at the front desk). Also no maid service or clean towels without paying a "refresh" fee.... . Which btw they never showed up to do anyway. You have to empty your own trash too which we found very odd. The hotel smells like smoke (they have a smokers wing) & Chinese food. Lastly, we had asked for a double queen nonsmoking & got a queen only smoking which our teens had to stay in with a rollaway cot for three nights. They only give you 1 room key for two people & breakfast is barebones. The Townplace suites, for the same price, is far better & closer to the attractions. Much better than this barebones hotel

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Recent trip to Surrounding attractions we found this location to be prefect right off the interstate,price was right, very clean rooms ,breakfast in the morning and everyone we meet at the hotel most were staff some were guest all were very friendly and welcoming. We will return this fall.

Room Tip: Mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Danny_G1900
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Colorado Springs - West, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so proud of our team who helped make your stay welcoming and memoriable.Thank you again for your review it will be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.