“The Best Chai Tea Latte”

Agia Sophia Coffee Shop and Book Store
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Agia Sophia is located on W. Colorado Avenue, just west of Old Colorado City. The building, at 29th street, was the original City Hall for OCC. The historic 1888 building features a native stone facade and a tower on the corner.Parking is available on the street and the lot in the back.
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is the first place that I stop at when I'm in the Springs. I usually order a chai tea latte and the Greek veggie panini. The chai tea latte tastes especially good in one of their ceramic mugs. I love coming here because it is so peaceful and relaxing!

There are newer reviews for Agia Sophia Coffee Shop and Book Store

Reviewed 4 March 2013

This very cool little coffee shop is surrounded by books. Lots of good, quiet, peaceful energy here. You can find little nooks and crannies with chairs and tables tucked in. Grab a coffee and a good book or journal, and enjoy your much-needed alone time.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Located near the end of Old Town this is has a charming inside with couches, wood tables, a library upstairs, some relics on the walls. Enjoyed their Americano's in winter and colder frostee in summer - never disappointed. Missing their zucchini bread that they used to sell, but this is a favoirte sp

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This place is getting 5 stars alone for the wireless internet access. According to "speedtest dot net" both download and upload speeds were usually over 20 Mbps.

In addition to the Internet access, the food, drink, and atmosphere made this place a great "rental office" when my hotel room internet speeds were insufficient for the work (data pulls from corporate networks and screen sharing for meetings) that I needed to do. The atmosphere upstairs is very quiet with classical music playing in the background. When I needed absolute quiet to conduct conference calls, I would reserve the "Russian Room" for two hour blocks. The rental is a tab of a minimum of $25 food and drink purchases. It was a bonus for me to have the rental fee be a purchase minimum, as I expected it as a fee by itself and that I would purchase food in addition to the rent.

Drink menu includes all the usual coffee/espresso drinks, as well as loose teas, chai, and Italian sodas. I appreciated that they stock almond and soy milk for those of us who prefer to avoid cow's milk.  Hot drinks are served in custom Deneen pottery mugs. The salad that I had was fresh and healthy with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Cold avocado soup was also yummy. Breakfast quesadilla of ham, eggs, green chili and cheese in a grilled tortilla with a side of salsa was tasty and kept me from hunger pangs for hours.

1  Thank Bamboo_Orchid
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very unique place. Food was good and the coffee was very good. It is a bookstore also and has a very interesting ambiance. Some in our group felt like they needed to be quiet all the time. We would go back again.

1  Thank tgerberm