“Good location, friendly staff but service falls short”

Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Jackson, United States
“Good location, friendly staff but service falls short”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Room was comfortable, but breakfast area had trash overflowing and did not seem very clean - perhaps it was a staffing issue that day? Also front desk was tough to reach as many times the desk was vacant. Would be a toss up if I stay here next time in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HotelGMCOSWA, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs/I-25 South, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Tim C,
We want to thank you for taking the time, and leaving this informative feedback. I would love to get more information so that we can better pinpoint the issue, but we have shared this information with all of our staff. We assure you, this is not our normal practice. Please let us know the next time you are in town, we would love the opportunity to show you how great we can be!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here one night on a personal trip. The front desk staff were very friendly and eager to make our trip pleasant. The room was very clean and fresh with a partial view of the mountains. Breakfast bar included in price is good - hot food as well as cold. I appreciated the comfy chair in our room with a footstool to rest my tired ankle on. The shower felt great but the bed was a bit too firm for my taste. this was a friendly version of the standard Hampton Inn chain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear oceandeb,
Thank you for taking the time and leaving us this positive feedback! We truly appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites, and do look forward to your next stay!
Commerce City, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Colorado Springs located on Geyser street is the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff is helpful and informative and have always aided in whatever I may need or have forgotten. The hot fresh breakfast in the mornings was very appreciated and got me started for the day. It is very well located off the main Interstate and easy to find. There is plenty of parking and the security made me feel comfortable and safe!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cindy H
We love having you hear! We look forward to seeing you again, and we will have breakfast ready!
Maryland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here in June 2013 for 3 nights at $120.00 night. We enjoyed it very much. The staff was very friendly and our room was great too. Very clean and spacious. Nice finishes. Big soft beds just the way I like them. They were a bit too puffy and soft for my husband but he has trouble sleeping everywhere. We didnt have any problems with noise and appreciated the refrigerator as we had leftovers from nearby Buffalo Wild Wings. We enjoyed two days of the comp. breakfast which had a variety of things for all to enjoy. No complaints with the food. The only complaint I have is the surrounding areas are not very nice. This was my first time to Colorado Springs and I was surprised at the number of homeless people lurking once you get 5 minutes away from the hotel. Too many for my liking and Im from Baltimore. Later in our trip we stayed at another Hampton Inn in Pueblo which was no where near as nice as this one. I would love to stay here again but will most likely choose a place further north when we return next June.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jennifer K,
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel! We would love to see you return on your next trip to beautiful Colorado Springs. Please let us know what we can do to make that happen!
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I recently spent eight nights at this hotel. It's questionable whether we will return, although the location is convenient to our son's home. Our suite was spacious and fairly well appointed and the room and bathroom were clean. We had a microwave and a small refrigerator, as well as a coffee maker, and, had we not had family nearby, we'd have been happy to have those. Of course, had we not had family nearby, we wouldn't have been there in the first place. Still, they would have been very useful under different circumstances.

We had issues with the air conditioning/ventilation unit. All rooms have independent heating/cooling units, which we are generally very happy to see. Had we been guests during hot or cold weather, things may have been better. During our stay, days were warm and nights were cool. The thermostat in our room did not seem to be accurate, and I believe it might have been replaced near the end of our stay. Even then, however, our choice had to be between "Auto", if we wanted air conditioning, or "Fan" if we wanted air circulation. "Fan" did not seem to bring air into the room from outside, which was unfortunate. We were told that this kind of system had been installed because strong winds would interfere with outside ventilation. As it was, we chose to listen to the fan all night and sometimes get too warm rather than have the air conditioner go on and off all night long.

Housekeeping was generally okay, though a couple of days it was rather spotty. We returned one evening to find the bag of trash from the bathroom left on the nightstand and the towel count short two bath towels and a hand towel. Bryce at the front desk responded immediately with fresh towels. Thank you very much, Bryce. Another time hand towels were not replaced in the bathroom, but that was not really a problem. The last two nights of our stay, we found that the top sheet on the king bed was too small -- probably a queen sheet. My husband and I did battle for sheet shares during those nights; a king sheet would have been very welcome. I noticed that at least one of the four pillows on our bed had an open pillow protector; the zipper pull had disappeared long since. A second pillow's protector was kind of wadded up under the case, though the exposed end of the pillow was covered. I assumed that this protector was also missing its zipper. The mattress was okay and I generally slept fairly well when I wasn't too warm.

We'll be returning to Colorado Spring regularly and we'll stay in the same area. We'll try the LaQuinta and the Marriot Residence Inn, and, if necessary, Hilton's other property, the Doubletree, before we stay again at the Hampton Inn and Suites. The price was very reasonable, but I'm willing to pay more to sleep comfortably.

Our room was quiet. I'd asked for a quiet room in my reservation and we were given a suite at the end of the hall. We heard room doors closing, and there was someone who marched across the room above us VERY early a couple of mornings, but we heard no noise from the hall or the adjacent room.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and reserved a suite. The sitting area of the suite was between us and th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear NWILgal,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave all of this great, and detailed feedback. Our hotel thrives on this type of information in order to continuously improve. All of your comments have been shared with the staff in each department. If there was a concern, it has been corrected, and we certainly give praise where is was provided as well. we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our lovely hotel in the future. Please, contact us, and let us know what we can do to make that happen! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Conroe, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Always excellent service and facility here, one of the nicest Hamptons in the country. Bryce at the front desk does an awesome job every time. Rooms are spotless clean, facility is new and very nice, heated pool, good breakfast, comfortable beds, etc...great place to stay for $60 less than Marriott!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joshua D,
Thank you for all of the positive feedback! we couldn't agree more about Bryce, we are so lucky to have him on our team. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The property is clean and convenient to many sites, but the walls are paper thin at best and even the quietest conversations in the halls sounded as if they were in our room. The windows also let all of the outside road noises in. At least the beds were comfortable so even though we didn't sleep much, at least we weren't beat-up in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for north facing rooms for better views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear maknight,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, as this type of information is always beneficial to be aware of. Please, do keep us in mind for your next trip in the area. We would like the opportunity to provide you with a more relaxing stay!