“Fair enough”

Hotel Stotsenberg
Queozn City
“Fair enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in Hotel Stotsenberg. We chose the hotel for the reason that it's near the airport and that's easy for us to catch our early flight. The facade of the hotel looks nice, couches are available in the receiving area in the lobby. I just noticed that the staff are not that friendly not even smiling to welcome you and a little bit slow, it took us almost 20 minutes to check-in. The rooms are fair enough, nice but the beds are too low, air conditioning system Is good. The only thing i don't like is the toilet- old bath tub and sink, defective shower because it's leaking not even a trashcan is present. I just hope the management will be aware of all this problems. There's also a casino inside, the pool is good enough because of it's size. Overall, i must say that the hotel is good for a short stay only.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank brazilpinay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

You will find better hotels such as Widus or Fontana. At the front desk, the staffs are very slow and they are not really very accommodating. The air-conditioning system is really bad. Breakfast is fair enough. Overall, not so good. You can always get a better hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Metzenbaum
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was here last September 2012 I had arrived very late from KL on Air Asia and this hotel was close to the airport.
It's huge.
I checked in and a porter assisted me to the room, thank god, because there was no way I could have found it by myself, it is a hotel of the very old design, built around a hollow square, large numbers of rooms that I can only think reflects it use as a place for the American services to stay, there is a outside commando type training area near my room, and the key did not work, the porter needed to go back to the front desk a good 20 minutes wait.
Breakfast was fun, a toaster on and going but no bread, then no butter, a good selection of Philippine cuisine and very tasty, the room was a monster bed was good, the AC worked a bit noisy, and yes I would stay there again.Casino at this hotel, I did not visit it, not a lot to do around this deserted air force base

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pflynn58
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Although cabs at the airport tend to charge you more when they hear your going there its somewhat worth it. It looks 5 star but its more like 3 1/2 to 4 and the room charges are a bit steep. Clean room and bathroom's. One thing that really stood out was the hospitality of all the staff from the bell-boys,waiters, security guards, casino operators, the works. Room service was pretty average though. Brought a wine bottle to my room without an ice bucket, glasses or an opener(probably a new guy) but they have a fantastic selection of wines at the bar though. The casino should have more table options though..only 2 blackjacks, 1 roulette(not manned) and 4 baccarat's. Great thing about the casino is drinks are free as long as you spend on the tables which I thought was absolutely fantastic!! would recommend for a couple of nights

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TaroshJacob
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We arrived to Clark very late – about 23:00. It was very convenient that the hotel is only 5 minutes drive from Clark airport and hotel provided a free transfer. The driver has met us at arrival hall.
Staff was very friendly. It took only 2 minutes for check-in and we were in our room.
It was a standard hotel room – everything worked well, clean, and quiet.
I don’t like that our room’s window looks to hotel corridor (not outside). But for one night – it was no problem.
There is a big casino with life music band on stage and a bar with karaoke on ground floor. There were quite a lot of people and nice atmosphere. It was possible to order meals.
Breakfast was a standard for 3* hotels.
There is a nice pool area with sun beds – it was a pleasure to spend couple hours there.
The bus to Manila goes at 11:30 from the airport and we got free a transfer to airport.

For me – as for a transit passenger – it was perfect solution on my way from Honk Kong to Manila with a very late arrival to Clark with AirAsia flight.

Advice: there is a pay-phone at the arrival hall. But when I called the hotel number as it states at the hotel voucher – I could not go through. You don’t have to dial all figures of the number. So - contact the hotel and find out what number you must dial in case if you could not find a shuttle car or you arrived ahead of schedule.

Room Tip: A room with a window to inner corridor - not the best
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank andersen_andersen
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I live in Manila and have travelled all over Asia always using trip advisor before i book a hotel, After all those years I have never written a review but was so unhappy with Stotsenberg I felt compelled to write this review. First I called to hotel to get a rate and they quoted 7000PH. I used my phone to go on the website and booked 2000PHP. Even though i had a confirmation the girl at the front desk seemed unhappy when she learned i was the one who called 20 minutes prior. I gave the Valet my keys and we went to our room after a 30 minute check in time at 11pm at night being the only people there. When i got to my room I was literally shocked at the condition. It was more like a short time room. The bed was rock hard, the pillows were hard and still, there was no bedspread. The bathroom had a plastic door and was filled with mold the shower was so sort i had to bend down to shower. THe TV was like a 19 inch old , very old crt television with a horrible picture. We had mad ourselves some ramen noodles in the room and needed forks, at 2am in the morning it took an hour to get them. Then came morning. We woke up and went to have breakfast att he buffet. By far the worst buffet I have ever experienced. Apart from the fresh pancakes and eggs there was literally nothing else edible, no bread for toast, warm mild for a cereal that did not look edible. No bacon, no ham, no potatoes, no hashbrowns nothing basic. I had an egg and quickly decided i would go to mcdonalds. Then came checkout. It took again 20 minutes to check out being the only people there. When i went to get my car they could not find my keys, they searched every drawer in the hotel, 45 minutes and they could not find my keys. Finally they looked again " IN THE VALET BOX" and guess what they found. I left the hotel unrested, very cranky and having lost several hours of my day off. If you choose to stay here expect the worst.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mjpolley

Travellers are raving about these Clark Freeport Zone hotels

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

The hotel gym and the swimming pool are very clean and good. The membership is only 1000 peso per month even though you stay out of the hotel. The trainers of the Gym are very nice. They teach you how to work out if you want without charge. One of the trainers, Angel, is a good guy, who sometimes helped me to stretch my body after exercise. The swimming pool was very quiet most of the time.

Room Tip: If you get a zeepney near the hotel you can get to mabalacat public market, a bazer. It is about 10...
Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sook Yeon K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clark Freeport Zone
Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark
Quest Hotel and Conference Cente...
#3 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
#3 of 69 in Angeles City
Royce Hotel & Casino
Royce Hotel & Casino
#8 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone

Been to Hotel Stotsenberg? Share your experiences!