“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Three family members visited today for the first time and it definitely won’t be the last.
It was a lunch time visit and we only had light bites but they were delicious (loved the parsnip shavings ). The main meals that we could see being served looked very appetising also. The staff were very efficient and friendly. The outside dining area was really attractive. Can’t wait to return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you to all the staff yet again for a wonderful evening! Sue a special thank you for fitting us in at short notice! The food was amazing!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you yet again for the amazing food tonight, special mention for Sue, for accomdating all our friends at short notice, what more could you want amazing food and fantastic staff, Thank you ♥️

Chris N, Owner at Elm Tree Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An associate had told me about this place and I decided to have a search on line for it. I found that they were dog friendly so we decided to give it a go. I have to say the welcome, the food and the price were all very good together with the offer of dog biscuits and water for the dogs. We had the lunch special and although the portion sizes weren't massive, we had certainly had eaten more than necessary by the time we left. The glass of red wine in the huge glass was equally wonderful. Thank you to the Elm Tree, it was our first visit, but it won't be our last. There is also a pleasant outdoor eating area which we would be happy to use when we next visit with our dogs but the weather wasn't quite up to supporting alfresco dining when we visited sadly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here last night with my daughter. Hadn't been here for some time because last time out the beer was very poor.

Pint of John Smith's, pint of Peroni and a packet of crisps- £ 9.35. When I queried how the John Smith's and Peroni prices were split only got as far as the "Peroni was £ 5.15" before we went outside. Last time I looked on the map this place wasn't in London and for this area that is by far the most expensive pint that I have bought in the north in 4 years.

To add insult to injury had some fool to my side trying to push in at the bar that wasn't busy, but he still insisted on bumping into me twice. We wondered why we bothered.

Now obviously a pub can charge what it likes but for the north of England £ 5.15 for a pint is pushing it a bit. So decided to drive a mile and a half up the road to get a pint of Stella for £ 3.20 -not for me as I was driving.

We will not be back because even for that price we didn't get a please and a thank you despite other reviews saying how friendly the staff were..... must be me then.

1  Thank Sickofrudepeople
Chris N, Owner at Elm Tree Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, many other customers commented about you so you left a lasting impression on my establishment and other guests. So your right it must be you.

Peroni is premium world beer, top of the shop in quality and in price we even serve it in a chilled glass straight from the fridge. Stella is not.

If you dont want to pay for a Rolls Royce (peroni in this case) have a BMW ( staropramen) or a Austin maestro (Carling)

God love a key board warrior.