“Nice supper, great breakfast”
Review of The Old Black Bull

The Old Black Bull
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Raskelf
Reviewed 19 May 2014

nothing to dislike, the dinner was lovely with the added bonus of chocolate cake thrown in due to the celebrations going on at the time, breakfast was great with the usual choice of full English bits and pieces

1  Thank Gerid01

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Have visited on two occasions, The welcome is always cheery and the food is superb. Thoroughly recommended..

Reviewed 7 March 2014

First let me just preempt any comments about I don't know what a village or village pub is like.

I have lived in villages for over 30 years, I have been around the licensed trade for the same amount of time and until last year had my own country pub.

The landlord and landlady are lovely, just let down my a selection of locals and I will keep this brief.

On arriving we got our drinks from the bar and needed to be in another room to get to friends, this was blocked by two locals, I am a polite man and said excuse me, no reaction, I said it again, still did not move so had to just push my way through them, not something I like doing.

On leaving the pub, the passage that lead to the entrance/exit was blocked by a skinny unkempt man and his female companion, despite it being illegal for several years now to smoke on licensed premises these two locals thought it was okay to smoke in the passage, not that its an excuse but it was a nice night and was not raining.

Once again I said excuse me and again no reaction I said it again and again I ended up pushing passed these idiots because they would not move.

I said to my wife as we left, it appears that they don't understand the word excuse me here and have no manners, to that the skinny man started shouting abuse at us.

So lovely landlord and landlady but the locals don't like 'outsiders' in their pub, what a shame and we will never return nor recommend

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Old Black Bull very excellent very friendly. Very excellent value, and very cosy and warm. The staff at the pub were very helpful I recomend everyone goes to the Old Black Bull.
Written by
Katherine Schoon

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This Yorkshire pub was very welcoming and with great service. I said it was "one of the best meals" because of the welcoming attitude and service. The meal itself, was very large & wholesome and tasty, though over zealous with the cream on the banana spilt. I asked the barman to suggest a local beer so he poured the 4 different beers on tap for me to try. I went for the "Old Peculiar". This Pub is worth a try.