“Comfortable and friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Old Black Bull
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Raskelf
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just returned from a stay here and it felt like we had returned to family!!! Lovely Landlord,Landlady and Staff. We were welcomed with open arms, taken to a large and clean comfortable room and given all the information we required for the duration of our stay....perfect!!!
We had a walk around the beautiful little village before dinner and then enjoyed a really good home-cooked and fresh meal served in the dining room.
We slept extremely well in the comfortable bed, lovely shower, plenty of tea/coffee etc in the room.Breakfast was cooked to order in the morning and all beautifully cooked.
We have stayed here before and we shall stay here again......Thank You all!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bluemel

Kinver, United Kingdom
“Nice supper, great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

nothing to dislike, the dinner was lovely with the added bonus of chocolate cake thrown in due to the celebrations going on at the time, breakfast was great with the usual choice of full English bits and pieces

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gerid01
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Have visited on two occasions, The welcome is always cheery and the food is superb. Thoroughly recommended..

• Visited April 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Oh dear what a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

First let me just preempt any comments about I don't know what a village or village pub is like.

I have lived in villages for over 30 years, I have been around the licensed trade for the same amount of time and until last year had my own country pub.

The landlord and landlady are lovely, just let down my a selection of locals and I will keep this brief.

On arriving we got our drinks from the bar and needed to be in another room to get to friends, this was blocked by two locals, I am a polite man and said excuse me, no reaction, I said it again, still did not move so had to just push my way through them, not something I like doing.

On leaving the pub, the passage that lead to the entrance/exit was blocked by a skinny unkempt man and his female companion, despite it being illegal for several years now to smoke on licensed premises these two locals thought it was okay to smoke in the passage, not that its an excuse but it was a nice night and was not raining.

Once again I said excuse me and again no reaction I said it again and again I ended up pushing passed these idiots because they would not move.

I said to my wife as we left, it appears that they don't understand the word excuse me here and have no manners, to that the skinny man started shouting abuse at us.

So lovely landlord and landlady but the locals don't like 'outsiders' in their pub, what a shame and we will never return nor recommend

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
England
“Recomend old black bull to everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Old Black Bull very excellent very friendly. Very excellent value, and very cosy and warm. The staff at the pub were very helpful I recomend everyone goes to the Old Black Bull.
Written by