“This is a worn out hotel.”

Center Village at Copper Mountain
Denver, Colorado
“This is a worn out hotel.”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The bed sags so badly my husband and I rolled into each other all night long. Whenever he would move the bed bounced like it was a water bed. The location is great as it's in The Village.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bsatre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Scotland
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Just returned from 10 days in Copper Mountain with hubby and 7 year old daughter. Stayed in Taylors Crossing which was great.. Nice and central, really close to American Flyer and Eagle lifts Apartment was well kitted out and perfect for a family of three. Great outdoor hot tub.
Skiing was great and was really quiet. Never waited in any queues the whole time we were there. Runs were well marked and we managed most of them although missed the blacks !! Snowboarding competition was on while we were there which meant there were a lot of snowboarders about but you were able to avoid them quite easily and it was great to catch the competition from the high point lift.
Didn't eat out much , went to Endo's one night. It was Ok.. We preferred to stop off after our last run at the Incline Bar for a margerita, or two !! Compared to Europe the place got really quiet very early on, maybe because it was at the end of the season. We use
d the free summit buses to get our food shopping at safeway and it worked out fine.
Our 7 year old daughter went for ski lessons and enjoyed it and as they were all day it meant we could get some skiing done on our own.
Copper is a great family ski resort as it is small "village"(but with loads of runs which all end up in the Center Village) ,staff were all very helpfull and friendly and accommodation is great. Only problem we had was getting back home !!! Got suck on the I70 due to a spring snow storm, were in the minibus for 9 hours !! Fantastic driver managed to get us off the I70 and eventually got a hotel.. Obviously missed our flight !!!!
Hope to go back to Copper next year......

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Alibali2
Northern VA
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My two boys ages 6 and 9 and I just returned from a six night stay at Copper One in the Center Village. I found our 1 bedroom unit posted on VRBO and got a very good price for a well decorated and equipped rental with an unbeatable slopeside location. The room itself is compact and could have used a little more storage space, but it was adequate. We purchased lift tickets with the management company and were comped Bee-line upgrades which meant no waiting, not that the longest wait that I witnessed lasted more than a minute or two. For the first four days, we got only traces of new snow, so conditions weren't ideal with occassional patches of icy hardpack and bare spots. Fortunately, on the last day, six inches of snow fell, and we enjoyed some of the best skiing I've experienced since I cared to track conditions. The mountain was big enough to surprise us with unexplored trails to the last day. The ski school compares favorably to Park CIty, Okemo, Seven Springs and others. Our private instructor Jay was excellent and very attentive, guiding the kids through little hidden trails decorated for the little ones. The boys improved their techniques markedly over the week.
It's a shame that the village empties after the lifts close, since it seems as if plenty has been spent on the infrastructure; the place could easily acccomodate larger croowds. I hope the investors are making enough with these sparse crowds to continue to add amenities. Since I'm here with the kids for skiing and not so much apres skiing, I found the quiet village to be just right for us. For a ski resort, food was OK. For on mountain dining, Jack's Grill offers well-prepared typical ski lodge fare plus a few surprises including a decent Pho. Pizzas from Carlo's were tasty. CB Grill was a fine dining spot, deserving a return visit our last night. If shopping, nightlife and dinig is important, consider living at the other resorts further down I-70W. If skiing and value is most important, Copper should be close to the top of the list as a place to take the kids.

• Liked — Convenience and value.
  • Disliked — Limited great fine dining options.
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HNXTR
New Orleans-Destrehan
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Our family of three, including a beginner snowboarder, age 10, stayed in center village 6 nights in February. We'd been to Copper before so we knew the ropes, and you just can't beat their ski and ride school- the instructors are absolutely top notch. The classes are small, they give the little ones frequent breaks, and classes for grown-up kids can be as challenging as one would like! We had a one bedroom, two bath slopeside condo with 2 bathrooms and a great kitchen, and the view of the lifts and mountains can't be beat. Shopping in the village is a bit limited, but if you're there for the mountain experience, you will LOVE IT! My husband and I are intermediate skiiers, and the mountain has much to offer beginners, intermediates and experts. We go every February when the kids are on break for Mardi Gras, and have never been disappointed in the experience. Between us, we've skied Purgatory, Breck, Winter Park, the French Alps and Copper (twice before)- Copper is truly wonderful for ski-in, ski-out, the whole family experience, variety of restaurants, ease of travel (right off I-70), mountain tubing, they have it all!

Wishing to be snowbound in New Orleans

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank 3swansons
Fort Worth
Reviewed 21 September 2007

We LOVED Copper Mountain! We have been all over Colorado for ski/snowboard trips, as well as New Mexico, Utah and Whistler. Copper was just as wonderful and family friendly as Whistler but without the exceedingly long trip. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with a full kitchen and living room with a fireplace in Copper One. It had a balcony overlooking the lift and was literally just a few steps to the lift line. It was also just a few short steps from the daycare, which was helpful for me trying to haul 2 small kids in snow gear. The daycare was awesome---the girls who worked in there were super with the kids and my little ones loved it. My son was able to go out to sled with the daycare workers and he can't wait to go back. Best of all the same girls who work in the day care will also come watch the kids in your room at night so you can have dinner. I liked that better than the "kid's night out" option at the daycare because my kids are too little to stay up past 7:30 or so. Anyway, it was heavenly and we just booked another trip for next January, so I guess that means we would highly recommend it.

• Liked — Proximity to ski lift, food and daycare---amazing and home-like condo.
  • Disliked — Price to buy----I would buy it if I could!!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank MJW_Traveler
Kingsclere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2006

We stayed in a Gold studio at The Village at Copper Mountain, located in the Copper One building it was an ideal setting for the slopes. Right next to the American Eagle lift, a beautifully equipped studio, the village was great and fairly lively. En fuego, an entertainment evening was excellent (twice weekly) Our studio was only cleaned once in the stay which was a little disappointing (we were self catering, so didnt know quite what to expect) There is a small food store in the village which is extortionately expensive, but there is a supermarket at Frisco about 7 miles away with a great selection, much more reasonable. The restaurants on site were quite good, Endos did a great Cobb Salad and was quick, friendly service! Some of the others werent quite so good! All in all the Gold accomodation was great, we would recommend to anyone.

12 Thank LindzHants
Wedgewood Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge
#2 of 23 in Breckenridge
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge

Been to Center Village at Copper Mountain? Share your experiences!