“Great food, great view”

Dining options: Reservations
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Great food, great view”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Local residents at Copper Mountain's East Village all know where the Double Diamond restaurant is located, but not the tourist which is unfortunate for all concerned! The restaurant's big picture windows look out over the Super Bee lift at the steep black runs of Copper Mtn.
David and Shari Luthi, owners of this family-owned restaurant and bar since 1995 work hard at making everyone welcome and combine this with great service, good food and drink.
Their menu features something to suit everyone from pizzas, to pastas, soups, ribs plus the 14-oz prime-rib and a 12-oz Black Angus steak
Their speciality is Hawaiian fish and these are flown into Denver International Airport and on the table within hours of being caught. Yellow fin is the favourite. Friday night is the traditional all-you-can-eat Wisconsin-style Fish Fry.
Their Colorado-style specialities are barbequed baby back ribs and pasta dishes and hand-tossed pizzas.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank GrampianScotland

Auckland
“Views to die for”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Reasonably priced. Best views in Copper and a romantic walk through the snow back to our accommodation in Centre Village where we encountered a fox. I managed to spill my husbands full glass of red wine which I wasn't charged for - a nice touch that made all the difference to our dining experience. We were in Copper for 10 nights and ate here twice - wish we had found Double Diamond earlier... and that it was closer to home for us too!

Visited March 2012
Southern Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

After looking at the menu, I was looking forward to trying this place out during our visit to Copper Mountain for a week of skiing. Unfortunately it was the worst meal of the week. The salad I got was a very small bowl of nothing but iceberg lettuce and 6 croutons. No tomato or cucumber, just lettuce and croutons. For dinner, I had the pasta alfredo which was OK, but seemed like it came from a jar, nothing special. My husband ordered the pasta primavera that was supposed to be tossed with olive oil and garlic. While the vegetables were fresh, the pasta was overcooked and mushy and seemed to be drowned in unseasoned chicken broth, no garlic in evidence at all. Interior was nice, service was OK. The people at the table next to us didn't seem to be enjoying their meal either. We had much better alfredo at Incline. JJ's was another fabulous meal. I'd pick those again. We're not very high-maintenance or hard-to-please, but this is not someplace we'd go back to or recommend to anyone.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank honugal8
Grand Junction, Colorado
“cute atmoshere”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

a but expensive, and no happy hour, but good ambiance

Visited January 2012
catonsville
“Very good service & atmosphere.”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Visited with my grandson to celebrate his 21st. birthday at 7:oo p.m. The owner greeted us at the door and was very friendly. The waitress was outstanding. We both had the ribs & they were pretty good but I seldom eat ribs and am no expert on the subject. The food when served was hot and well presented & that is a plus for any restaurant in my book.

• Visited January 2012