“Dogs barking suck !”

Hampton Inn and Suites Craig
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel in Craig, Colorado was great until the dogs started barking ...and we found out that dogs were allowed in ANY room. Ruined our stay. Will never stay at Hampton Inn again. Ever. Seriously. Designate some rooms people.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bobo398
Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

We are terribly sorry about the annoyance you experienced while staying with us. The first call about the dog was at 8:10 p.m. and I was alerted by my staff by 8:20 p.m. My staff member made multiple attempts to contact the owners of the pet, however they were unreachable. The staff member removed the pet from the room before 9 p.m. We did hold true to our "100% Guarantee" because you were dissatisfied with your stay.
We understand your frustrations about having pets in certain rooms or on certain floors, however, we have reasoning behind our pet policy...ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) has several points that we must follow. We must allow dogs in our hotels because dogs may be what is known as a "service animal." Moreover, it is unlawful to ask each person if their pet is a service animal; meaning that we must accept all dogs. In addition, we may not discriminate against any person with a disability. Telling a person that they may only stay in certain rooms or on certain floors is another violation of ADA. Every hotel (no matter the brand) MUST follow ADA guidelines.
Again, we empathize with you about the frustrations you had during your stay. However, my staff handled the problem quickly, respectfully and also followed our guidelines for our "100% Guarantee." We do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Everything excellent - nice stop on Highway 40 to Denver, Colorado. Somewhat difficult to find entrance - signage could be improved to help travelers. Bed was good and room was quite. It is a well run Hampton Inn. Mountain air is refreshing. Beautiful sunrise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the kind words! My team works very hard to give every guest great service.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after a long day of traveling and we were created by a great young lady at the desk. The rooms were awesome and very comfortable beds. Wonderful breakfast. Highly recommend staying here. The staff is excellent!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderfull review, we are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The manager was fantastic upon pre-arrival as I had questions about my rate from an on-line quote ...he fixed everything and gave us an upgrade!!! Erica/Erika was extremely helpful during pre-arrival and check-in. We arrived on July 4th and she had already figured out what restaurants would be open or closed for dinner options when we arrived!!! AMAZING customer service!!! Who does that anymore?? Erica does!!! Victor was INCREDIBLY friendly upon check-out and ALWAYS had a smile on his face during our stay. He was very attentive to everyone's needs as well. There was another young lady working Sat morning July 5th and Sun morning July 6th was also extremely attentive to everyone's needs during breakfast!! FABULOUS staff who deserves MAJOR kuddos!!!

Room Tip: We loved our 4th floor room ... Room 401
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Craig I, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kinda reviews! Customer service is one of our goals. We made sure we told the stuff of you wonderfull reviews. We are looking foreward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Check in was really fast and easy. We had a reservation for a handicap assessable room. The front desk help was helpful and fast that is how it should be. We where early for check in but our room was ready, it was wonderful, big and very clean. The breakfast is always good and many items to fill you up. Only one problem was that in 4 days that we were there I had to have our keys rekeyed 5 times. It can be an inconvenience and was after the 3rd time. They said it was the machine, that it must be old. I hope they get a new one before we go back. We stopped staying at another hotel because of this problem, I really like this property and really would not like to change.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry about the problem with your keys, We have reprogrammed out machine and the problem has been taken care of. I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and we will be happy to see you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Each time I stay at this hotel I am impressed with the service. They go above and beyond every time! The hotel is clean. They have soup and cookies each evening and a wonderful breakfast in he morning. they make you feel special!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for your kind reviews, We strive to keep out guests happy. We look foreward to seein you next time

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Typical Hampton Inn, no complaints on the room or breakfast. When we arrived to the hotel in the late afternoon it appeared that a "party" was going on in the pool area. The gate to the patio to the front of the hotel was open and people were congregated around the front of the hotel. Children were playing with the hotel hose, bikes were scattered about, and a pit bull was visible. After a long day in the car, my children wanted to swim in the pool. We went to the pool area to find a pit bull in the doorway of the pool area that connected to the patio. This made me very nervous. When I got back to the room, I phoned the front desk to ask about the dog policy. The girl at the front desk was quite snippy about it and asked if it was bothering me. I told her no because we were done at the pool, but that I found it to be unusual that a dog would be allowed in the pool area. I did not care for her attitude. If we had not had the pit bull experience and the attitude from the front desk, then I would have rated the hotel much higher.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kristinmomof3
Craig I, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Craig, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi,
I'd like to apologize for the behavior of the front desk clerk. I have spoken to the employee that was on duty to ensure no other guests will receive such treatment. I am also sorry that you are uncomfortable with the dog policy. We will revisit our policy to see what changes can be made.