“"Average" may be overstating it a little.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Craig

Super 8 Craig
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Craig
Wickenburg, Arizona
“"Average" may be overstating it a little.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Average -- if your sights are not set too high. The manager had to work on the shower to get it started. He also explained that the internal door lock didn't work because the "help must have broken it". Otherwise, the room was clean, the a/c worked, and the beds were fine. It was a little spooky to have look upward to see out the lower floor windows . . . . I would request a second-floor room next time. Overall, better than some, not as good as many others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bailey, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

This place needs to be condemned! From the outside you could see 2 rooms that are boarded up in the windows and they are all water damaged. Looks like the place was vacant for a while and had broken water pipes that went unnoticed. Foundation, concrete and inside walls are cracked and the floor slopes down the middle of the hallway, as if the building is going to split in half. The smell in the hallways smells like moldy carpet. I had to hold my breath while walking in the hall because it was so bad. Not at all impressed with the service and would never recommend this place. You'd be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank bdogsgal

Travellers are raving about these Craig hotels

Orem, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2010

I am from here and I was traveling with some friends from Europe. I went in and inquired about 2 rooms, one single and one double. The woman told me she could give me a group discount and both rooms would be $58. We were thrilled with the price and I asked her three different time about the prices. Once I asked what the individual prices were because one was a single and one was a double. She just assured me the price was for both rooms and said it would be on the receipt I would get it in the morning. I thought that was strange that she ran my card and didn't give me a receipt.

I went to check out in the morning and sure enough I was charged over $130. Her husband was working and brought his wife out to verify my claims. Apparently her English had got much worse overnight but she then said the price was for each room. That is NOT what she told us the night before. When I told him the Motel down the street had offered us two rooms for $75, he said "you should have stayed there".

Place is a joke, hallways smell like smoke, chair was broken and heater made noise all night. Really a bad place to stay!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jaerl
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

We were in Craig for elk hunting. My husband ask the owner if we could have a late check out because if we didn't get an elk by noon we would stay another day. He just keeped saying check out at 11 check out at 11. Well we ended up getting our elks and sent 2 of the men back to clear out the rooms by 11 while we took care of the elk. In the hurry they forgot to get our phone and chargers out of the bathroom. We stoped back at the hotel to get them and leave our room keys. My husband went in and asked if he had them and said all his people gave him were 2 chargers. Which turn out not to be ours. He asked if he could check the room for them. The owner told him no. My husband thought he was kidding so he laughs. The man was not kidding. My husband told him he was going to report him to the police for stealing and went outside. My stepson and I went back in. We told him to please just go check the rooms. He started cursing at us and saying we were rude and to get out of his hotel. He said he was going to call the police. We said fine we will wait for them and went outside. Then he came outside and told my husband to come to the rooms with him. Sure enough they were right where we left them. We went out side to leave and will we wre talking the man came outside and started yelling at us to leave or he was going to call the police. Again we told go ahead. What a night mare. The owner is crazy. The frige froze our food. The bathtub was stoped up. The walls needed paint. The carpet was dirty. The bed was old and lumby. It was the worst place I have ever stayed in. We travel alot.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jujubee970
msp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2008

paid $129.00 for a $29.00 fleabag room. room carpet was so dirty I had to put shoes on to walk in room. tv had no sound or working remote. at 9:30pm I did not want to watch some one try to correct tv problems. took one look at breakfast bar and left. reception & halls smelled of foreign cooking.
In 40+ years involment in travel industry. lodging through out the world this stay was one of the worst in my memory.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — high price for super 8, dirty room & bad bed
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank mm4mn
Delta, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

Waited in lobby for 20 minutes or more for someone to finally come help me check in. When she finally came she was on the phone speaking a different language...sounded pretty casual to me. Did not get off the phone while helping me. I could hardley understand her with her accent. Hotel says they offer continental breakfast...it consists of coffee and cold cereal. That's all. Smell in rooms and lobby is very strong and unpleasant. Defintley not worth $89 a night!!!!!!! Bad service, smelly dirty lobby and hallways. Rooms were decent. Seemed clean but bathtub was broken.

• Liked — I liked nothing at all.
  • Disliked — The terrible service!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank manamott
Kiowa Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2007

This hotel is not clean. Management's family involved in a fight when we checked in. Their children were screaming at them to please stop fighting. Lobby smells of whatever they were cooking. Floors in halls were very dirty, stained. Ceiling in room stained. I think there was new carpet in room, but the chemical smell was overwhelming. When we got home and told a friend we went to Craig, their reply was "hope you didn't stay at the Super 8". So the place has a reputation. We do not recommend this hotel!

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family