My wife and I stayed here with our infant daughter, in room 115. (Note that this room has one queen and one double bed. When we called, one person told us it had two doubles, and another that it had two queens.) Overall we were very pleased! Creede is a tiny town, and (to answer the one negative review here) there are trailers within view of the lodge, but we met no one but friendly, pleasant people during our whole stay. The room was large, with a vaulted wooden ceiling, and was spotlessly clean. All the rooms open to the outside, but this was not a problem at all. We heard no noise from the next room (which was occupied), or from outside, the whole time. The staff were very friendly, and the home-cooked breakfast had casserole, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, cereal, and pastries.
The only drawbacks were that the beds were quite firm. This is the only reason I rated it Very Good instead of Excellent. Also, once the breakfast casserole runs out, it's gone! However, for the very reasonable price, we could not complain. I would highly recommend the Snowshoe as long as you don't need a pillowtop bed.
Also, there's a wonderful hiking trail that starts near the office! Ask at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small motel in the heart of Creede. Full service in summer including home made breakfast (excellent), ATV rental, loner equipment (fishing poles, etc), advise about how to enjoy the area. Hiker bunkhouse for affordable rest and relaxation for those hiking the Colorado trail. Drop supply point, spotting available to the trailhead/divide top. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bruce`s Snowshoe Lodge And b&b
- Bruce`s Snowshoe Hotel Creede
- Creede Snowshoe Lodge Colorado