“Kudos to Cabins”

Mountain Views by Rivers Edge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creede
Mountain Views by Rivers Edge
Ranked #11 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Creede
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were very pleased with our recent stay in Cabin 2 at Mountain Views. The cabins have been updated in recent years, are attractively decorated and exceptionally clean. We were very surprised to have a flat-screen television and Directv. Even though we were offered various levels of wi-fi, we opted for the basic service and it fit our needs. The wi-fi was much faster during the day than at night...possibly more users after dark slowed the speed of the wi-fi. The cabin had a full-size kitchen with range and full-size refrigerator and was well equippred with eight place settings of dishes, flatware and glasses as well as pots and pans and small appliances such as toaster, coffee maker, and microwave...all nice quality and clean. The bedding and linens were also of good quality. All in all, we were very pleased and look forward to a return trip. BTW...we have a fifth-wheel and have stayed in the RV park in the past with no problems. We have Directv in the fifth-wheel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FlamFlomingo

Reviewed 17 July 2013

After reading the other 4 reviews, I would like everyone to know things are greatly improved at the MVRV Park/Resort. The Wi-Fi has been upgraded and you now have different levels of access. We use the free one and it is quite fast and easy to sign on to. There is no cable, but most of the people do use satellite tv. We were aware of that before we came and purchased a Direct TV system. Since it is usually quite cool here, not having shade trees right on the site does not bother us. We just put out our awning if we want shade. The landscaping and the park is beautiful. They have 2 beautiful lodges with TVs and pool tables and other amenities you can take advantage of. We have not had anything but excellent treatment by the owners (Roland and Helen) and their office staff and grounds crews. July 2013 was sort of a unusual month due to the West Fork Fires and we did have a couple weeks of intense smoke and a lot of people did leave or cancel. But from the traffic and the occupied spots now, evidently they are coming back. Granted there is not all that many actual park activities, but there are many places you can visit that are near here and there are calendars of activities where you can find things to do. We love it here and as of right now, we plan on coming back next year. The people here and in Creede are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

An excellent park except there are no shaded areas and their online wifi is miserable. If you want to stay connected go elsewhere. If you want shade trees, go elsewhere. The lots are wide. The lodge is nice. Creede is great for scenery.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grndad
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

Positives: large sites that are level, close to Main Street in Creede, lovely lodges and landscaping; laundry room top notch; staff seemed friendly

Negatives: for the price of the regular rv sites I would expect a higher quality of wifi. For the most part it's virtually non existent. Full time RVers expect wifi to conduct their daily affairs without glitches.
We stayed near the gate and there was too much construction vehicles coming through the gate.

I am glad we arrived early in the day because I wouldnot have been very nice if they had not let me in.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank texcyn
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I made a reservation by phone. I was told that the only thing available was a 50amp site in the resort side. I was told that the exercise room and hot tub were only for the leasees. During my stay, there seemed to be plenty of 'RV Park' spots open.

There is not much to do at this 'resort' They have a very well stocked pond that is catch and keep only at the cost of $4.50/fish. You can also fish the Rio Grande, but watch out...If you get too close to the house up stream, you will be accused of trespassing. They have rental movies for $1.50 each...I wonder if they are licensed to rent movies?

I arrived at 11:30pm (vehicle trouble/weather/mountain driving) and pushed the call button. It rang to a telephone in the office. Nobody answered. I looked at my cell phone and found there was a message. A call from Mountain Views RV and it stated that they are closing up. The call was placed just after 8:00pm. I saw that the call was from a Tucson, AZ number. I called the number back and a grumpy man told me that quiet time started at 10:00pm. He said that he was not going to get out of bed and unlock the gate just for me and that he called me earlier. There was no mention of a "quiet" time and that the gate would not be opened for me past a certain time during my reservation phone call. Nor is there anything about this on their website. I told the grumpy man this and he stated that is just how it is. I asked him what am I to do with my family for the night. He told me to park outside the gate on the side of the road. WOW...really? I asked him if they were going to charge me for this night and I was told that he was not the one to make that decision. Well...I parked outside the gate beside the road for the night. I checked in the next morning. I found out that the woman in the office was the grumpy man's spouse. WOW...really? He didn't know?

I am great with elderly people. I have to say that I will be old someday and I will want people to be nice to me, so I have a great respect for elderly people. But this is not so for the people running the place.

I will say that most everyone staying there was extremely friendly.

As for the people running the place, I have no respect. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank RVFamily2007

Been to Mountain Views by Rivers Edge? Share your experiences!