“The only game in town on Mondays”
Review of MJ's

MJ's
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Creede
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The only breakfast place open on Monday so you just have to wait if you want breakfast. Average food, friendly service, but is another Creede restaurant that does not always open during posted open hours.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Small, apparently family-run cafe. Great burgers and very good breakfast. Dinner specials also looked good. One of the best choices for restaurants in this small town.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

My husband and I had a very good breakfast. Bacon and eggs etc. Waitstaff attentive and the food was promptly served.
Many locals come to this restaurant

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Ate breakfast there twice during our visit and will probably go back at least once more. Great French toast!!! Excellent breakfast sausage! Eggs over easy cooked perfectly! SUCH reasonable prices. This s definitely a great choice for a good old fashioned hope me made breakfast. Just didn't have any grits for this Southerner!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We ate at MJ's several years ago and really enjoyed it so decided to return this year. It sure didn't live up to our memories! The food was average at best. I ordered the green chili cheese burger and it was a hard piece of meat swimming in a green chili mess. There wasn't any way one could eat it by hand and, even with utensils, it was dripping everywhere. The food served the purpose of staving off hunger but really was a disappointment from what we remembered. The worst part, though, in my opinion, was the waitress. MJ's has a sign near the cash register that says, in effect, grouchy people aren't wanted or won't be tolerated. Yet, the waitress was one of the least happy, least willing to serve people I think I've encountered in a restaurant. My daughter spilled her cup of water and it took quite a bit of time for the waitress to bring anything that could be used to clean things up after I sought her out and asked that she at least give me something to clean it up with. Our meal was half over before she brought by daughter a new water to replace the spilled one. Yet, she had time to chat with people who were obviously locals. After finally bringing my daughter's new water, she never once checked to see if our food was okay, if the rest of us needed a refill on our drinks, or if anything else was needed. When in the service industry, it might not be a bad idea to put a smile on your face, be friendly to paying customers and remember that it's usually the tourists that keep restaurants like this in a small town alive. We'll find another place to eat next time we visit Creede.

Been to MJ's? Share your experiences!