“We will be back next year!”
Review of Cottonwood Cove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creede
Cottonwood Cove
Washington, Oklahoma
“We will be back next year!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I just left Cottonwood Cove on Sunday. We had a three night stay, we stayed our original two nights as planned in cabin #3 and at the last minute we decided to move to cabin # 22 on the river. Absolutely loved it! We stayed at CWC exactly eight years ago and not much has changed. The cabins are rustic but extremely clean. In my opinion you won't get a prettier view than this place. Every single staff member was exceptionally friendly and helpful!!!! Kayla was lovely and more than accommodating when it came to helping us with our last minute stay. Breakfast was delicious every morning, we did not eat at the restaurant other than breakfast because we cooked in our cabin or grilled out each evening (part of the fun I think) but I can attest they were busy every night. They have a great selection of ice cream set up in the gift shop, which my daughter loved - and the best part it wasn't over priced. My ONLY complaint would be the lack of wifi, they advertise free wifi but we were never able to pick up a steady signal. Yes, I am a little dependent on my ipad :) ....but I survived. We can't wait to go back next year, we LOVE Colorado!!! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint James City, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first visit to the South Fork/Crede area. Usually we just shoot over Wolf Creek Pass and head for Durango. We stayed over for 3 nights during the 4th of July in Cabin 14. It was rustic and quaint and spotlessly clean. The appliances in the kitchen worked well although we ended up taking all of our meals at the onsite restaurant. The food and service was that good! The view from our front porch was spectacular especially at sunset. In the morning, while we had that first cup of coffee, we enjoyed watching the horses graze just outside our kitchen window. Mike, Kayla, and the rest of the staff were professional and friendly at all times. Cottonwood Cove was the perfect base camp for exploring the east side of the Continental Divide. We hope to return next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Moab, Utah
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I really wanted to like this place. I chose to stay here because of the beautiful location along the Rio Grande, and it's outward funky charm. Unfortunately that charm only went skin deep. I stayed in cabin 14. Upon entering the unit my senses were assaulted by a very strong musty smell. The brown carpet was stained and old. The bedspread was threadbare, and the thin blanket on the uncomfortable bed was not only worn out, but had a hug cigarette burn in it. The blinds in the cabin were also in very poor repair. They had broken slats and were missing the lever to open and close them. Overall, the impression was one of ill-repair and disregard for a guest's comfort. I was not expecting anything fancy. I enjoy rustic settings. But rustic is not the same as broke-down and smelly. The slanting floors, the bare lightbulb in the bathroom, the lack of electrical outlets could all be born if only the cabin was well taken care of and comfortable to sleep in. But it is neither of these things. In fact, the bed was truly gross, and I didn't want either the comforter or blanket to touch my skin. The spiders I killed in the cabin were big and ubiquitous. The "free" breakfast in the morning was tepid and bland. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly. But for $120 a night, Cottonwood Cove guests deserve more. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank jackalope_truckabout
MikeReagan, General Manager at Cottonwood Cove, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than great, however, we feel that your comments were generally unfounded. We take pride in ensuring our guest's comfort, and we ask that our guests give us a chance to fix anything that was not indicative of that. We are continually working to update and repair our cabins and the rest of our property to make it comfortable and inviting, so for someone to say that we disregard the comfort of our guests is certainly an unfounded claim. While we may not have a full breakfast menu, our free buffet breakfast is well stocked and kept fresh at all times. We feed approximately 150 people each morning and the food has always been met with compliments. The few small things you found wrong and posted pictures of have been remedied and we hope that you will consider to stay with us again.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I attended a family reunion and it could not have been a better experience!! The location on the river is breath-taking and the service was outstanding. Mike, Kayla and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make lifetime memories for our children (3 and 6). From horseback riding to hikes with amazing views to campfire sign-a-longs, this place has everything for a laid-back, rustic adventure!! We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt D
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very enjoyable and a great place to stay. Service was great and the food was wonderful, would return any chance I could. Employees at cottonwood all loved their jobs and it showed. Made our vacation great, we could not have asked for a better place to stay. New management that really cares. Thank you for a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tambuchta
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The cabin we chose was rustic, which added lots of excitement and drama for the grandkids. I loved the 1940's gas stove in the kitchen. It was comfortable, quaint, a great location for sightseeing, horseback riding, rafting, fishing, hiking, and exploring Creede. We took in the Repertorie Theatre for additional fun. The staff were delightful. It felt like we were staying with family.

Room Tip: You can choose rustic or modern. But the Rustic is plenty comfortable.