“Shoulder season on the Mountain...”

Crested Butte Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: This ski resort with its Victorian look offers all types of terrain for the skier.
United States
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 520 helpful votes
“Shoulder season on the Mountain...”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Arrived after the lifts had closed for the summer season which gave me a great excuse to hike up to the Summit Trail from the Base. I used the maintenance roads, mountain bike trails and ski runs to get to the Summit Trail which took about 2 hours. Stopped to take photos of the valley along the way. Chased a young buck from its breakfast wild raspberry patch and enjoyed a few myself. Laughed at the marmots and pikas along the way. The Summit Trail is gnarly/bouldery. This part of the hike took about 45 minutes! A total rock scramble from about 100 yards from the summit to the top. Not for the faint of heart. Make sure you have good footing and avoid loose fitting clothing/gear. Take plenty of water and food. I descended the mountain mostly along trails paralleling the Red Lady Lift...took 1.5-2 hours to get down. Didn't ride the mountain bike trails up there but they look nice ranging from easy to difficult. Again, since the lifts weren't running, you would have to climb the mountain on your bike and there are switchback trails to allow that. Overall, a great way to spend the day!

Visited September 2013

South Padre Island, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Biking”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Rode my road bike up from town to Mt. Crested Butte on the paved bike trail. I was surprised how little there was to do and how few restaurants were available on the mountain during the day. Kind of a very sleep resort area!

Visited August 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Great Skiing”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There was only a 44" base at this time so I expected slim pickings and thin coverage on the black runs that were open. There was a fair amount of expert terrain closed, but also a good amount open and I didn't ruin my skis. Loved the terrain; also got great recommendations from their staff on where to ski.

Visited February 2013
Nederland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“lovely”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our first visit to this ski resort. Short lift lines, breathtaking views and good snow. There was something for every skill level.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank segarcia
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Snow - No Lines - Lots of Trails”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had great weather, it was snowing when we got there. There was plenty of snow for us to ski. All of the lifts were open. I think they were a few Double Black Diamonds that wanted for snow, but that didn't affect us at all. We were able to ski all over the place from early morning until late afternoon with no waits, no hassles, and NO LINES. Best Spring Skiing ever!

Visited March 2013