“Watch your Wallet”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Its the off season, so its tough to find one of the good restaurants in town open. But I'm up here doing some remodeling on a condo, and I reward myself with a good meal at night. I've been in town before back in July with friends when we came in here, and I decided to come back tonight. I went with one of the specials, which was the Maryland crab cakes and a small green salad. Thankfully, I wasn't that hungry, because the crab cakes were half the size I was expecting, but the creole sauce was good, and the fresh greens were spot on. What killed me was the bartender offering me a glass of chardonay, and it came in at $13! My Bombay Sapphire gin and tonic was only $6, so make sure you know what you're paying for first when you come in here!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was perhaps our third time at West End under the present ownership, and it was a less successful experience than before. The West End is a pleasant place but my soup was saltier than anything else I have ever tasted, and the calamari were undercooked. We drank a "5680" Colorado wine, quite good and at $30 only slightly overpriced.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch there twice over long holiday weekend. Very nice outdoor front and back patio. Food is good but the Bloody Mary is disappointing and tasteless. Service is above average.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had lunch on the patio in July. The food was good, we had fish and chips and a burger. The staff was good and the atmosphere was enjoyable. We had good service from the staff. I would recommend that you try this spot.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had the crab cakes for an appetizer, I had the buffalo rib eye and my wife had the fried chicken and waffles. Everything was delicious. The fried chicken was by far the best fried chicken we had ever had. The owner said it was his Mothers recipe and it puts all other fried chicken to shame. Ofcourse the buffalo rib eye was super as well. The server was sweet, responsive and attentive. We liked all of the 3 restaurants we tried in Crested Butte but this one was our favorite. We would go back in a heartbeat.