All reviewsbunk roomwithin walking distancefront deskcommon roomcommon areasthe main dragother guestsbathroomtowelstownlaptopfireplacelodge
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This place was decent. The staff was friendly and offered some trail suggestions. The kitchen was large and well stocked. I would say the bathrooms and rooms could use a better cleaning job. There was hair and dirt all over my blanket which I don't believe gets cleaned between stays. The bathrooms were large, but the cleanest place. I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this one was a little pricey for what you get. We paid $95 for a private room with 3 of us in it. Most other hostels are cheaper and some even offer a small breakfast or at least coffee/tea. It is definitely an economical choice for the town of Crested Butte, but still not cheap. If you want cheap, then camp and just pay for a shower at the hostel after a day out on the trails.

I did like you could walk into the town for the shops and restaurants. It is a great town with beautiful scenery. There is also a bus that will take you into town or over to the ski area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed one night at this hostel while doing Fall photography late September. My bunk room was clean, comfortable and had six beds in our room. Since I was there off season, the hostel wasn't crowded and I had only one roommate. The common area is just wonderful with a huge kitchen and living room complete with TV and free wireless internet. The staff was helpful and friendly, making me feel welcomed. The hostel is within walking distance to the town center. There is a laundrymate next door. What a deal in a resort town.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Do not use the ground floor disabled room too noisey. Freezer machinery from adjacent kitchen run & rumble all night. Images on web 5 Aug 11 site are correct but exagerated. There is 2 Toecalli roads..the hostel is in the town not in the outer suburb. Good kitchen. Car aprking outside. Could walk to shops, cafes which are not too exciting - in early June many were closed. A quiet town in first week of June - not a lot to do. Chairlift for summer starts 4th July.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Janellesteve
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Just returned from a CO road trip that we tried to make affordable. Did some camping in other towns, but while in Crested Butte decided to try this hostel. It was GREAT! The shared unisex bathrooms and private room were very comfortable and very clean. There is a big common room on the main floor with a television, several large tables and a full kitchen. We chose to eat our breakfast at the hostel to save a little money--and then were able to find many reasonably priced restaurants in town. The location of the hostel is PERFECT! We rode our bikes or walked into town daily, the hostel is just blocks away from many hiking, biking trails, and parks. What a perfect place to stay when trying to save a little money--and have a great location!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mojo6170
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I stayed in a private room at the hostel, which was about three times the price of a dorm-style room. The room was a good value in a resort area, and the rooms and bathroom were reasonably clean (could have been better). The facility was quite at night, included free wi-fi, laundry facility next door, kitchen facilities, BBQ, and a very helpful front desk staff. Overall, it was a very adequate place to stay while mountain biking in the area for several days.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo