All reviews bunk room within walking distance front desk common room common areas the main drag other guests bathroom towels town laptop fireplace lodge
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The facility is very nice, clean and convenient, however the service is TERRIBLE. Some college age puke by the name of Ryan appearently thought the place was called a HOSTILE. Every interaction with this kid was unpleasant and rude. It seemed I, as a paying customer, was an interruption of his napping, biking and smoking time. As a specific example, I asked for some clean bath towels. Ryans response was something to the effect of "dude, this is a hostel, we don't service the rooms, you have to tell me what you want." Evidently, standing at the "service desk" requesting towels wasn't adiquate notification for him. The town is lovely, but I got this attitude from many in this community. It seems as if paying customers, ie; tourists, are unwelcome. I am a Colorado native and grew up in a tourist town too. I know it can be frustrating waiting for the first snow and the last tourist, but employees are paid to put aside their desires and serve the customers in front of them. I will gladly take my dollars to Salida, Buena Vista, Cripple Creek or any of the other more welcoming communities in our great state. By the way, I am a top rated customer service agent for one of the worlds largets auto companies; regarding customer service, I am an undisputed authority.

Room Tip: Make sure the hallway light is left on at night so you don't tumble down the stairs in the dark.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 29 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Own room in the hostel for $61/night (tax included). The room was small, but clean. Very nicely furnished common area with large kitchen. Looks to be great for families. Met some nice people there, which is perhaps the best feature of hostels. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mikek
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed in the crested butte hostel in late november, before the snow. the hostel was virtually empty so it felt like i had it all to myself. The town of Crested Butte is great but not much to do if you are there before the snow. I think the hostel itself would be a bit crowded when full but it would be one of the cheapest options in town. The kitchen and lounge and washrooms are good and Susan, behind the front desk, was very helpful and friendly. she knows alot about Crested Butte.
Overall i had a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This was my very first experience staying in a hostel, and I was pleased. The staff was courteous and helpful, the bathrooms were extremely clean and the sleeping quarters provided adequate space. I enjoyed visiting with the other guests. I would definitely stay here again.

A couple suggestions:
1) Common kitchen area: in respect to labeling individual food items and having them cleaned out upon expiration - in order to have this happen the necessary supplies must be on hand (sharpie pen, tape ....) and the staff (housekeeping) would need to check the refrigerator contents on a regular basis.
2) Sleeping quarters - there was plenty of blank wall space where hooks could be put in place for hanging jackets, backpacks etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo