“Made Crested Butte the Highlight of our Colorado Trip!!!”
Review of The Nordic Inn

The Nordic Inn
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Made Crested Butte the Highlight of our Colorado Trip!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Found Nordic Inn last minute, and so thankful we did. Small inn, a little off the radar, but a gem! Dog friendly, and the hosts were amazing-- full of great recommendations in town and for trails-- hiking and biking. Very clean and cozy with updated rooms and very comfy beds. We will absolutely stay again!!!!!!!! Nice hot tub and continental breakfast. Loved our experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jccg1971

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Denver
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Perfect little hotel near all the action in Crested Butte. This is small, family run hotel and the rooms were wonderful. The rooms are up to date with many unique wood features. The hotel is right next to ski resort and only 5-10 min drive to downtown Crested Butte area. The daily continental breakfast was great and had a good variety of food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely come back for another stay!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I came up for a few days of R&R in between business travel and over the memorial day holiday. May is historically a slow month here so I was not expecting much. I prefer boutique hotels and a friend recommended the Nordic Inn as it is a 28 room historic/restored unique property. The hotel is amazing, I don't need to rewrite all of the amenities that are on their website but will say they are true, just like all of the positive feedback on trip advisor. I don't feel like a number here, I feel like a guest in someones cabin. I asked Kim the manger about a hike. The next morning John Johnson the owner showed up to take me on a personalized 2 hour hike. He bought the property a year or so ago and is in no hurry for the word to get out about this jewell. After 35 years of traveling I don't remember this kind of personalized attention...and it was no extra charge. There are no parking, internet, breakfast or resort fees either. To me its insulting to be nickeled and dimed after arrival. John has traveled the world so he knows what travelers appreciate. I learned a lot about the area on the hike and had planned to come back in July with my boys, it is June 12th and I am already back with one of my boys. I will also visit again for the ski season as the property is located right at the base of the lifts.
It's pretty cool that a BMW vintage car club stopped here tonight and took most of the hotel. The hotel arranged catering for the group to meet their requests. What a cool idea to travel around the mountains with a club and stop at places like the Nordic Inn. They look like they are having fun. Hurry and get it here, especially in the off season like May. I like the quietude of this place.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, just depends on your party and purpose of travel. I toured all models.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great hotel. I was there for one night, and it was wonderful. Crested Butte is beautiful in the spring, and there is no better place to experience it than the Nordic Inn. The hot tub was relaxing, and the breakfast was delicious. The best part was the service Kim worked around my schedule, and was extremely accommodating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 2 June 2014

There are not many places like this left around; a true little family-owned and run hotel where you are welcome like a friend. Kim even gave me her car to drive when I needed it and came one day to pick us up from Gunnison when we were wondering how to get back to Grested Butte. Rooms are nice and clean, the lobby area is cozy and comfy, and the breakfast is nice. And if you are a dog person, you can bring your dog to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Barnhart, Missouri
Reviewed 27 May 2014

You can't go wrong with this place. The price was right, and the entire fascility warm and inviting. Kim was a very gracious host and we wish we could have stayed longer. We'll certainly be back on our next visit to the Crested Butte area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2014

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed like friends of the family. Every effort was made by the owners to make us feel comfortable. In the evening we sat with our dog next to the fire and swapped lies with the owners and other guests while playing cards and drinking hot chocolate. Our room was comfortable and the breakfast was fresh with lots of variety. The Inn is within walking distance of the base of the mountain. It was a great experience. It is our only choice for a return visit to Crested Butte!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family