“Perfect in every way!”

Pioneer Guest Cabins
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My husband and I spent a very happy week at the Wild Rose cabin, and I highly recommend this place. The whole area is every bit as gorgeous as the photos suggest, and there was so much to enjoy.

I try to research things pretty thoroughly before traveling, and I had only three concerns before our stay: would it be noisy (dogs barking, kids playing loudly, people getting rowdy around fires)? would past doggy guests have left a lot of hair or other reminders of their visits? and would the bathroom be super-tiny (I couldn't tell what it looked like from the pictures)?

The answer to all of those questions was a great big "no." I think all the cabins were booked, and there were multigenerational families (little kids, teens, adults, and seniors) staying, some with their dogs--but it was incredibly peaceful. I'm overly sensitive about noise, and I wasn't bothered at all here. I would never have known that the cabins were pet-friendly if I hadn't read about it and seen the dogs; our cabin was spotlessly clean. And the bathroom in our particular cabin was way bigger than I expected--a standard-sized tub and shower, a fairly large closet with a dresser in it, another dresser-type thing near the sink, and lots and lots of hooks for hanging towels and clothes.

The hiking nearby is great--at least three, maybe four, trails within easy walking distance. The Crested Butte area is beautiful, and the town is cute and has lots of great restaurants and a nice farmer's market on Sundays. The hammocks are so relaxing. The owners are incredibly friendly and helpful. We were awakened every morning by the sound of a pack of insane hummingbirds fighting for a feeder we could see from our bed (but if we closed the window, we couldn't hear them).

I agree with a previous reviewer that the main bed was harder than we're used to; I just went up and slept in the loft. I won't be surprised if Matt and Leah come up with some kind of magical solution to the problem of people's differing mattress preferences.

This is a truly special place, not to be missed!

Room Tip: All of the cabins looked good to me. We liked that ours was surrounded by trees; some of the others...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my first trip to Pioneer Guest Cabins and I could not have picked a better time of year to go. The cabin itself was precious and sweet. The area was beautiful and the hiking was breath taking. There are only a few things that keep me from giving this review a 5 instead of 4. The first thing is the tiny shower area and lack of tub for soaking after a long hiking or biking trip. The other issue was the mattress was very uncomfortable, which made sleeping a challenge after a long day. Outside of these two issues, the experience was nice and the hummingbirds a plenty. I would recommend the cabin stay to friends and would even be open to returning again myself one day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dabelew4
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The location could not be better, in a peaceful valley located close to Crested Butte but away from the developed areas that surround the town. Our cabin was steps from the creek, and a picnic table and chairs were provided so we could eat and read outside. I'm sure they are all very nice inside, but If you'd like to stay in a piece of history, four of these cabins were built in the 1920s and have been lovingly restored by the owners. We rented the Homestead cabin, and fell in love with it at first sight! Homey, cozy, and decorated with antiques.....It had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. We hope to return some year very soon in September when the leaves are changing!

1  Thank Mary Lynn C
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We just returned from another wonderful stay at the pioneer guest cabins. I wish I could find other places like this wherever I travel. I will definitely return again next year!

Room Tip: We have only ever stayed in the Red Fox Cabin and we love it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Pioneer Guest Cabins offer all the comforts of home in a beautifu mountain setting! Very cute, clean, comfortable cabins.My neighbor recommended Pioneer to me .Now I'm telling all my friends about my trip and highly recommending Pioneer Guest Cabins to them.
The owners go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome. My two border collies had the time of their lives! I had a blast exploring all the trails right outside my cabin. I was so excited about staying at Pioneer that I've already booked a return visit.
Liz
Englewood Co.

Room Tip: The "Little Red Fox" is perfect for a solo traveler or a couple. I love the flower boxes...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by visiting CB for the first time by staying in a Pioneer Guest Cabin. They have great reviews because the owners are very nice people who are passionate about providing a great stay to their guests. Both Matt and Leah helped us by proving recommendations for bike trails to ride and even where to get the best pizza!

We stayed in the red fox and it was charming for a couple and we would stay there again!

1  Thank Titustwo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

For several years, we took our boys to Colorado on camping (tent!) trips, and The Crested Butte /Gunnison area was a favorite. Now empy-nesters, we were eager to return to Colorado, but I was not eager to tent camp. I chose Pioneer Guest Cabins after reading the reviews, and looking online at the cabins.
We brought along good friends, and both of us loved our cabins (Wild Rose & Sunshine) the minute we arrived. They delivered on everything we wanted: quiet, proximity to the river (I slept with the windows open to hear it), quaint cabins, and close to Crested Butte and the Taylor River.
We will return, and I am recommending my son and his new bride book at Pioneer when they need a get-away.

Room Tip: Wild Rose and the Sunshine allow close proximity to the river....be sure to lie in the river or wood...
2  Thank MissyB137
#2 of 7 in Crested Butte
Three Rivers Resort
Three Rivers Resort
#1 of 1 in Almont

Been to Pioneer Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!