“Thank you for a wonderful experience. It was everything I needed and all I had hoped for.”

Pioneer Guest Cabins
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We stayed in the Alpenglow cabin at the end of June, first of July and just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed your cabin and grounds. It was the perfect location. We met our daughter and future son-in-law there for 4 days and it wasn’t nearly long enough. We spent time in Crested Butte, fished and took a white water rafting trip on the Taylor, drove to Blue Mesa and the Black Canyon and fished in the Gunnison at the bottom of the canyon. And we have a long list of all the things we want to do on the next visit. The cabin was perfect. We had everything we could have possibly needed. I just wanted to say thank you for the great hospitality and the wonderful cabin. We will definitely be return visitors.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I just returned from a stay at the Pioneer Guest Cabins in Crested Butte. The location is excellent - about 8 miles from Crested Butte. The cabins are secluded but not remote - with quick access to hiking or biking. We stayed in the Teocalli Cabin - it is small and rustic but has everything that you need for a comfortable stay. Each cabin has a fire pit outside with beautiful views of the mountains and Cement Creek. The prices are a little high but comparably to other cabins in the area - and with a much better location! This is the perfect place for a quiet, restful vacation!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Just wanted to say how nice the Whetstone and Teocalli cabins were. They were clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our family looked forward to the evening campfires for card-playing, conversation, and some-mores. We very much enjoyed our week's stay there in mid-July. The cabins were convenient to Gunnison (golf, shopping, and shooting range), Almont (river rafting), and Crested Butte (horsebacking riding, shopping, and ice cream at the Rocky Mt. Choc. Factory). And, yes, the wildflowers were still beautiful in bloom.

Stayed July 2008
San Francisco Bay Area, California
Reviewed 1 April 2008

A friend and I stayed in the "Everest" cottage for two nights while snowboarding at Crested Butte. We were very impressed, very happy. Our expectation was an inexpensive, woodsy, near-nature place and we got that, but we got much more than we expected. Unlike many similar cabins I've stayed in, this one actually looks as good in person as it does in the pictures on its website (maybe better); there was Wi-Fi Internet access and free long-distance telephone service at the office (and I'm embarrassed to say I did get on the Internet once while there); there was a real shower and bath with plenty of hot water (great after snowboarding). Everything was clean, and even the towels were a pleasant surprise, "hotel quality" rather than "lodge quality." The owners were very friendly and left us entirely alone after we checked in. A possible downside for others is that the lodge is maybe fifteen minutes from downtown and twenty minutes from the ski area, but that was fine with us. Overall, it was a great experience -- we'll go back.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wilson, NC
Reviewed 18 November 2005

I have been to Crested Butte once and I'm planning another trip in January. I fell in love with the town last year. My husband and I stayed in the Pioneer Guest Cabins. They are one Cement Creek Road about 2 miles out of Crested Butte toward Gunnison. They are in the Gunnison Forest. Let me set the stage...You turn down this snow covered road and drive probably 2 miles back into the forest. The road has snow BUT it is cleared regularly. There was No problem driving. When you arrive at the cabins and get the key, the hosts are the best. A cute couple with a young child. The cabins were built in the 30's as a ski camp for Gunnison Forest. They are incredible. There is a gas wood stove for heat. A full bath and a double downstairs and a double in the loft. There is a kitchenette with a full stove and fridge. It is peaceful and absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever been. The furnishings are timber beds and quilts. There are no frilly furnishings. It is exactely as you think Colorado should be. We skied, snow mobiled, dog sledded, snow shoed..everything. We ate in town each night and then retired to our cabin in the woods. I can't wait until January to return. It is very reasonable and a dream come true. There is a website also.

• Stayed February 2005
#1 of 9 in Crested Butte
Elk Mountain Lodge
Elk Mountain Lodge
#3 of 9 in Crested Butte

Been to Pioneer Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!